eric78702

150 on music goal

hey guys i was wondering if yall could help me out on my goal. I want to get to 150 on music daily/ground pounder or as close as i can get to 150 with the amount of space and power i have. To start off with i have a 275 amp Ohio generator alternator, most likely i am going to buy 1 or 2 xs d3100 batteries. Thats what my electrical is going to consist of. So for the amp i am go to buy a saz-3500. Now for subs i would have a budget of $700-$800 and i have about 8ft^3 to work with and thats after port and bracing displacements. I would also like to tune my box between 32-34hz as i listen to mainly nothing but rap music. let me know what yall guys have in mind.

First thing that comes to my mind is a couple of BL 15's. 4 SA-12's sound like they would work well too. If you could up your budget a little bit i would say two btl 15's though. Are you planning on competing at all?

hey guys i was wondering if yall could help me out on my goal. I want to get to 150 on music daily/ground pounder or as close as i can get to 150 with the amount of space and power i have. To start off with i have a 275 amp Ohio generator alternator, most likely i am going to buy 1 or 2 xs d3100 batteries. Thats what my electrical is going to consist of. So for the amp i am go to buy a saz-3500. Now for subs i would have a budget of $700-$800 and i have about 8ft^3 to work with and thats after port and bracing displacements. I would also like to tune my box between 32-34hz as i listen to mainly nothing but rap music. let me know what yall guys have in mind.

150 on music is very possible sub wise i would say ssa xcons 15 0r 18 would be a good choice and match with the amp u have :drink40:

First thing that comes to my mind is a couple of BL 15's. 4 SA-12's sound like they would work well too. If you could up your budget a little bit i would say two btl 15's though. Are you planning on competing at all?

Yeah the 4 sa-12's would be good the only thing is I have enough cubes but they won't all fit where I want them :(. The bl 15's do you think they would work with a box around 7.5ft^3? And the btl's won't I need more power? And idk I'm thinking of competing.

Edited by eric78702

150 on music is very possible sub wise i would say ssa xcons 15 0r 18 would be a good choice and match with the amp u have :drink40:

Yeah I was thinking of 2 xcon 15's I think that would be pretty nice :)

yeah they should give you some good nums back in the day i had 2 vega series cerwin vegas on a 1000watts rms doing 147.5 :drink40: so spk and amp tech now and good box prep you can do it :fing34:

yeah they should give you some good nums back in the day i had 2 vega series cerwin vegas on a 1000watts rms doing 147.5 :drink40: so spk and amp tech now and good box prep you can do it :fing34:

Wow that's really good. My first setup was to memphis c3 15's and I was hitting 141.3 haha weak!

Wow that's really good. My first setup was to memphis c3 15's and I was hitting 141.3 haha weak!

thats not bad thats about right for that series memphis.. just keep in mind ive been doing this the better part of 20 years that was a customers car and friend at the time my s10 blazer had 6 and was pushin 160 :morepower1:

You really think so? And dang that is crazy.

Edited by eric78702

Mainly vehicle/install dependent. What kind of vehicle do you have?

2 BTL's would be fine off of that amp, you can't underpower a sub! :D but they don't mind :morepower1: if you ever wanted to upgrade ;D

I have a 2000 Honda crv

2 BTL's would be fine off of that amp, you can't underpower a sub! :D but they don't mind :morepower1: if you ever wanted to upgrade ;D

Okay. I will keep that sub choice in mind.

I have a 2000 Honda crv

in a honda crv 15s wil do nicely i have done one with two kicker l7 15s and was crazy loud with 2500watts on it. and the ssa xcons are better subs and handle more power :fing34:

Edited by jcshort

I have a 2000 Honda crv

in a honda crv 15s wil do nicely i have done one with two kicker l7 15s and was crazy loud with 2500watts on it. and the ssa xcons are better subs and handle more power :fing34:

Seems like the xcon's are the way to go.

Install is going to be a significant part of getting to 150db!

Cone and port area are the key!

I have a 2000 Honda crv

theres a ton of other brands of subs like fi,asacendant audio dc sound labs and sundown, t3audio all have good subs :fing34:

If the Xcons are half as good at doing there job as the Icons then it's a no brainer IMO

I have a 2000 Honda crv

theres a ton of other brands of subs like fi,asacendant audio dc sound labs and sundown, t3audio all have good subs :fing34:

I'm going to have to look around and find which one is cheapest.

Edited by eric78702

If the Xcons are half as good at doing there job as the Icons then it's a no brainer IMO

Good point :)

Does it look like I'm on the right track with cone area?

but as far as money wise the xcon are you best bang for the buck :morepower1:

There are a lot of quality choices out there. The SSA Store carries some very good candidates and other vendors on the forum have great options as well!

indianajones1.jpg

Does it look like I'm on the right track with cone area?

yeah

There are a lot of quality choices out there. The SSA Store carries some very good candidates and other vendors on the forum have some options!

indianajones1.jpg

What would you recommend?