lithium

zaph Hi-Vi B3S crossover

already picked up the mids a while back and now i'm finally getting around to putting this all together. my question is, which brand or type of components should i order to build the crossovers.

here is the parts list. however, following the recommendation when used as desktop/near field R2 = 4ohm.

audio-speaker18-filter.gif

here is the list i put together, just want to make sure im not spending too much, or not enough.. i have to place an order for speakers (bro's build), so shipping will be free from parts express. (could place the order through another site)

30 ohm

4ohm

.4 mh

board

4.3 uf cap

.8 mh

=30 bones

Did he specify 20ga inductors? I'd guess he is using beefier ones and if so would encourage you to as well. The rest should be fine. I'd shoot for at least 18, if not 16. You can probably tell what he is using by the DC resistance of the inductor as they should match his plans otherwise you need to account for that resistance as well.

^^ Yep, make sure you use the gauge spec'd. no smaller.

If you bought a brand new set of speakers that were $3-4K and opened them up, you would be lucky to find parts of that quality........

If you bought a brand new set of speakers that were $3-4K and opened them up, you would be lucky to find parts of that quality........

Indeed and IMO dumb to not use that quality when building something. Part of the value of time vs money and maximizing the law of diminishing returns. OEM's do it as each dollar counts per unit, but when you are just building one a few bucks here or there goes a long way.

thanks for the help, ill read back through his build to see what exactly he specifies.