rezinated

so i got my bl in but it sounds messed up...

so i got my new bl in yesterday and when i turn it up it sounds like its bottoming out or something.. when i turn the bass up it starts to make like a fluttering sound or something... im running a hifonics brz 1700 with 0 guage in a 2.2 cube box at 34 hertz ... the only thing i think it could be is my battery, im dropping volts like crazy, so could that be the problem... idk if its bottoming out or just distorting really bad... i can post videos up if needed...

and my fi sticker on the dust cap came off right of the bat :WTFBubble: ... is there any way i can get a new one?

Its your sub sonic filter I had the same problem when I got my sub that's for the bottoming out part any way

Wow, that's some problems. I wonder where you got the enclosure, buy it, build it yourself? Are you certain it doesn't have any air leaks? Air leaks ruin the tuning and the ability of the enclosure to do it's job. How did you set the SSF? It sounds like you have more than one problem going on, but it's going to take some troubleshooting to find them. I wouldn't play the system any more until you have it figured out either, playing the sub to the point it bottoms out, or even gets close to doing so is going to ruin it.

I'm sure they can get you a new sticker for the dustcap.

Try playing the sub free air and see if it makes any noises like what your describing. And maybe the sticker came off from the heat of the dustcap?

Wow, that's some problems. I wonder where you got the enclosure, buy it, build it yourself? Are you certain it doesn't have any air leaks? Air leaks ruin the tuning and the ability of the enclosure to do it's job. How did you set the SSF? It sounds like you have more than one problem going on, but it's going to take some troubleshooting to find them. I wouldn't play the system any more until you have it figured out either, playing the sub to the point it bottoms out, or even gets close to doing so is going to ruin it.

I'm sure they can get you a new sticker for the dustcap.

well i built it myself but i had a professional wood worker help me out "he pretty much built it" and it did have air leaks but i centered the sub better in the hole and now its screwed down pretty tight... i did run it free air for a sec when i first got it and it made the same noise but that was the first time i heard it so i turned it down but i heard thinking it just needed to be in the box so i mounted it and turned it up with the same results.... my ssf has a range of 15-35 and i have it about 1/3 up so about 23-24 and my lp has a range of 35-250 and its set at about 100.. and yes im def not running it anymore,sux tho ive been waiting a month to jam...by the way my gain/lvl is 3/4p and my phase is at 165 out of 180degrees...

and is the dust cap supposed to get warm because it is... not real hot but def warm.... well to damn hot really considering that its 110 fn degrees out side here in Texas

and could my amp be defective... i doubt that it is because i bought it brand new but ive heard in weird cases that some amps can be defective "thats why i got the 3 year service plam" well sorry for asking all these questions but im just trying to go over every possiblity

Can you hear metal on metal sound? You don't know what bottoming out looks or sounds like? what is your voltage drop to?

if all else fails, find bigjon or Cthedinger in texas and talk to them.

no i really dont know what bottoming out sounds like i know im a noob... it almost sounds like really bad distortion but like i said i have no clue... my voltage drop is really bad when at idle and no music playin it say its a t 14v but as soon as i drop any power in it at all it drops to like 9v and probably lower... the only thing i thought it could be was i have an old battery and im feeding it dirty power...

yeah that would be really cool... Texas is a big place though.. do you happen to know what part of Texas they are from?

Can you hear metal on metal sound? You don't know what bottoming out looks or sounds like? what is your voltage drop to?

i did get the 4 inch coil tho... so is it even possible to bottom it out at the low amount of watts im running

1, you're clipping the shit out of it with your 3/4 gain up. its not a volume knob.

2, you can bottom out any sub on any power in the wrong box.

fix your voltage problem. what's your electrical looking like?

yeah that would be really cool... Texas is a big place though.. do you happen to know what part of Texas they are from?

Bigjon- unknown

cthedinger- houston

Turn your ssf up to around 30hz, turn your lpf down to 60-80hz. Lower your gain so your voltage stays in the 13v range at full tilt.

electrical is shit... i got my batt to alt in 0 guage but i ran out... i will have that fixed with in the next day or two... stock batt stock alt...i dont even know what my alt amperage is ill find out real quick though

i just set it like you said and it sounds better... but i can still hear the sound, a more accurate discripition of the sound is like a rattling sound inside of the sub.

take the sub out of the box and inspect the spider carefully.

Bigjon- unknown

cthedinger- houston

Steve Mead is in Houston too.

take the sub out of the box and inspect the spider carefully.

what should i be looking for a tear?

Bigjon- unknown

cthedinger- houston

Steve Mead is in Houston too.

NO FN WAY.... I WANNA HEAR HIS SYSTEM SO BAD....

not that steve mead damnit as i know who u r thinking about.

Look for anything rhat doesnt look normal.

not that steve mead damnit as i know who u r thinking about.

Look for anything rhat doesnt look normal.

lmao thats funny... well ive already taken it out twice... will it mess my box up if i keep doing it... should i screw back into the same hole?