rezinated

so i got my bl in but it sounds messed up...

You can use a multimeter or on the voice coil it usually says "D1" or "D2" written in marker you can see it through the vents on the basket.

set multimeter to ohms then touch both probes together...(pointless to do this for this topic but good to learn)

Whatever the meter reads, that's how "off" it is from 0.

It's NORMAL if it's reads something other than 0.

Mine reads 0.3 ohms when touching probes, for instance.

You then take probes and touch the + and - on speaker terminal when amp is OFF completely!

Whatever the meter reads after the numbers stop bouncing around, subtract your accuracy from it...

In my example mine was off by 0.3 so i would subtract 0.3 ohms and that is the proper answer.

It happens, i did that once bought a dual 1 instead of dual 2 ended up dropping my amp down to .5 ohms and clipped the shit out of it, sounded similar.

i just checked it with a multimeter and for some reason it said 15 ohms maybe 1.5 but i dont think so but either way its not 1 ohm

uh oh.. maybe one of the coils is damaged..

Don't freak yet.

Disconnect ALL wiring on the sub so u have access to each terminal independently.

Measure ohm vaule at each terminal and tell me what u get.

Looks like i was correct seems like you're dropping down to .5 ohms, wire to 2 ohms and i bet you'll notice the difference :fing34:. shit happens man.

Oh, are you measuring each terminal or both combined?

??? even though it cam up to 1 ohm? i measured it right at the amp.

Wait. Is your amp reading 1 ohm or is it the sub?

i havent taken it out of the box yet, im really trying to avoid that... but right at the amp it came out to 1 ohm so it seems right to me

??? even though it cam up to 1 ohm? i measured it right at the amp.

Wait. Is your amp reading 1 ohm or is it the sub?

i tested where the wires from the sub hooked up to the amp... but it was connected

Ah alright, push evenly and with a downward force on the cone, listen for any scraping or rubbing.

Oh, are you measuring each terminal or both combined?

Wouldnt it be the same? Its a single sub... And you cant really bridge a mono amp...

Ah alright, push evenly and with a downward force on the cone, listen for any scraping or rubbing.

no scraping... smooth as can be

hmm, if you have time sometime this week if you could make it up, even tomorrow i could help ya out.

hmm, if you have time sometime this week if you could make it up, even tomorrow i could help ya out.

ill have to talk to the "ol'lady" about that... but ill let ya know...

Alright man hit me up with a pm on here and ill see what i can do for ya.

Alright man hit me up with a pm on here and ill see what i can do for ya.

ya i will... Guys i really appreciate all the help this is a bad ass forum with bad ass members i wasnt expecting this much help in such a short amount of time, Y'ALL ARE AWESOME!!! :thanx: :thanx: :thanx:

It's possible, I think I read that you were dipping below 10 volts?? If so that is very BAD.

the only time that's likely is if one or more batts in the vehicle has a bad cell.

So.. regardless of what you find out soon, be prepared on buying a new battery AND charger.