Sign in to follow this  
adidasxp17

which FI sub should i get?

hey guys, i need some help picking the right FI 12in Sub. I have a brand new rf T500.1BDCP (constent power) amp that puts out 810watts at one ohm. My box that i currently have is 2.8 ft3 before sub and port displacement. i need a new sub because my kicker cvr that i have know cant handle the power. if i turn it up i can smell it burning so their for i dont play it loud. anyway back to the question, which sub should i get? i see that the SSD sub is 800watts but will it be able to take 810watts of constent power and i may be a lil gain happy on the new set up :) i wont clip it tho. anyway i listen to alot of rap and hip nop. mostly just songs that bump. im looking for the sub that would give me the most bump. pounding etc etc. so would the Q or BL be better for me even tho im not at 1,000 watts? keep in mind my box is 2.8 currently and its a wedge box, behind the seat of a reg cab truck. my port is tuned to 35hz ( its a 4in round port) but i can change the port very easy. or even build a different box if need be. so what sub would be good for my set up?

thank you for any help!

U have a budget?

eh the cheaper the better, but i have some money to play with. i would like to keep it under 300. i would like to know all options tho, cheap ones included

The Fi SSD is now 1000wrms. It will work perfectly for you. It depends on what size you would like to go with now.

the ssd is an amazing sub, would work great in your application and be nice on your wallet as well.

The Fi SSD is now 1000wrms. It will work perfectly for you. It depends on what size you would like to go with now.

This. Given your budget. Between the Q and the BL you would definitely want the BL for your goals btw.

This. Given your budget. Between the Q and the BL you would definitely want the BL for your goals btw.

so are guys recommanding the SSD? are thier options on it i should get? like i said i want to get the loudest and hardest hitting system i can.

If you want to spend the extra cash the BL is definitely worth it, i own both the SSD and the BL, the BL will be louder and more aggressive, while still retaining its clarity. In your application it would be better, but if cash is the problem the SSD is still very good.

How much space do you have to work with? Is 2.8 the max you can fit? That would be on the large side for a 12". Both the SSD and the BL are great subs so just pick whatever fits your budget. I can't really say which will get louder, but that will come down to install more than anything

How much space do you have to work with? Is 2.8 the max you can fit? That would be on the large side for a 12". Both the SSD and the BL are great subs so just pick whatever fits your budget. I can't really say which will get louder, but that will come down to install more than anything

would 810watts be enough for the BL tho?

would 810watts be enough for the BL tho?

There is no such thing as under powering a sub.

so i emailed FI and told them my set up. they recommend the SSD but also said since my amp doesnt have an adjustable subsonic filter, i should pick up a pair of Harrison labs 30hz f-mods. so when i get these fmods should i leave my sub sonic filter on or off?

so i emailed FI and told them my set up. they recommend the SSD but also said since my amp doesnt have an adjustable subsonic filter, i should pick up a pair of Harrison labs 30hz f-mods. so when i get these fmods should i leave my sub sonic filter on or off?

If you had a SSF you wouldnt need the fmods. How are you going to turn something off that you dont have? lol

The ssd would be great for that amp man. And if you decide to upgrade amp the ssd would take that extra power with ease.

If you had a SSF you wouldnt need the fmods. How are you going to turn something off that you dont have? lol

I think he's saying he has a SSF, but its not adjustable. So you turn it on and its set to say 30HZ, but you can't change it. Its either on or off.

OP if this is the case you would switch your SSF off. What is your SSF fixed at? Did you mention this to Fi?

the Rocksford Fosgate T500-1bdcp is what i have. it DOES have a sub sonic filter. but it is just a on/off switch. not "adustable". is it possible the tech guy didnt know what amp i was talking about, or do i still need fmods?

He could tune higher than that if he wanted. What were you planning to tune to?

He could tune higher than that if he wanted. What were you planning to tune to?

since FI suggest 33hz, i was planning on 33hz maybe 32. though would be a good hz for low bass correct? i listen to alot rap..

i would actually really consider the bl. They have the same power handling why not get louder on the same power but only if your willing to pay the extra cash for it.

Sign in to follow this