matj1990

Plan on ordering tomorrow what amp?

20 members have voted

1. 1. what amp should i get

i will be running 2 sa-12 d4s need help on what amp i should get both seem realy good !!

i can get a refurb sundown for 320 shipped

or

i can get a crescendo bc2000 new for 339

i like the fact that the cresendo is new and i love the color scheme but on the other hand i think the sundown will put out a little more

please help !!! i no i have been a pain lol keep changing my mind over and over and have been talking about doing a system for a while but i have one sundown already the other will be here thursday and like i said im ordering my amp tomorrow just want to make sure theres not something im missing i think i would be happy either way its going to be an upgrade from my bad A@@ power acoustik ovn1-2000d :P 1250jigga watts 1ohm ftw

I'm gonna say Sundown for obvious reasons :P

I'm gonna say Sundown for obvious reasons :P

lol ok

The Sundown SAZ-1500D is a proven performer. Jacob @ Sundown provides great reliable customer service after the sale.

Crescendo has not been around very long and have not heard anything bad about them.

The refurbished Sundown will be just as good as a new in box Sundown.

The 2000 will put out more watts than the 1500 but i think 1500 is plenty for 2 sa12 and the same manufacture looks nice too.

+1 for the sundown

The Sundown SAZ-1500D is a proven performer. Jacob @ Sundown provides great reliable customer service after the sale.

Crescendo has not been around very long and have not heard anything bad about them.

it would also be from db-r btw with 1 year warranty only downfall says its a 6-7 day wait before ship wtf??

i think the sundown puts out more wattage ?

this was sent to me straight from crescendo BC2000d 2250@1ohm@13.8v 1100@2ohm 700@4ohm

the clamp results state the bc put down 1676 at 12.8v 1.67ohm calculated

according to jacobs clamp tests the 1500 put down 1970 at 12.8v with calculated 1.23ohm

Edited by smokey

For a pair of SA's either of those will put out plenty of power. I wouldn't worry about which will put out more either because the difference is so small it won't be audible. I would focus on availability, price, and reliability. As stated Crescendo is relatively new so they're not as proven in terms of reliability. The Sundown is the cheaper of the two and has proven reliability so it gets my vote.

I have a Crescendo 3kwp and a 1000c4. I have not owned their new BC amps but I am sure that they are great.

+1 for Crescendo.

For a pair of SA's either of those will put out plenty of power. I wouldn't worry about which will put out more either because the difference is so small it won't be audible. I would focus on availability, price, and reliability. As stated Crescendo is relatively new so they're not as proven in terms of reliability. The Sundown is the cheaper of the two and has proven reliability so it gets my vote.

even though its new vs refurb ? also with the sundown im looking at a prob 2 week wait time with shipping from db-r i realy dont care for that

What is it with people having no patience these days??

I would rather wait for a product with a long proven reputation than get a product that has little time to prove itself yet. I'm really not putting Crescendo down here, but simply giving my opinion.

even though its new vs refurb ? also with the sundown im looking at a prob 2 week wait time with shipping from db-r i realy dont care for that

Chris at db-r is a great guy to deal with. So the wait is well worth the price you paid as they are currently running a sale on the refurbs. :)

Chris at db-r is a great guy to deal with. So the wait is well worth the price you paid as they are currently running a sale on the refurbs. :)

Dbr repaired one of my Sundown 1200s and it's been rock solid. If I need anything else and they have it I will use them again. Well worth the wait!!

Do they tell you why the amp was refurbed, or are they cosmetic problems from shipping. I'd be interested if you have the answer.

Do they tell you why the amp was refurbed, or are they cosmetic problems from shipping. I'd be interested if you have the answer.

When buying a refurb, I don't think they give specifics, but a call to them could explain all. They are very helpfull.

This was the responce about my repair:

"It had the standard problems, loose output inductor broke legs on a transistor next to it, voltage regulator filter caps had bad solder joints and 15V+ voltage regulator was bad because of it. All fixed up and everything siliconed in place now, way better than it was new."

Edited by sefugi

When buying a refurb, I don't think they give specifics, but a call to them could explain all. They are very helpfull.

"It had the standard problems, loose output inductor broke legs on a transistor next to it, voltage regulator filter caps had bad solder joints and 15V+ voltage regulator was bad because of it. All fixed up and everything siliconed in place now, way better than it was new."

Wow, almost sounds like the build quality was poor to begin with.

lol HARSH!!!

lol HARSH!!!

:ughdunno: Just wanted to give an example of what the responce was about the repair. I thought we were talking about Dbr's refurbs... Guess I opened a can of worms. :puzzled:

Well guys since this poll was sooo one sided lol

i went with the crescendo i like giving new company's a chance to make a name for themselves i have yet to find one bad thing about them and i like the color scheme :P

sundown we all no is a good company !! and we all no they make good amps

but im not up for the 2+ week wait time :( im sure its worth it though as again i have yet to hear 1 bad thing about db-r

one thing that scared me is he told me that when he does the sales like these its normally 20-30 amps first come first serve and his site said he only has 7 in stock makes me wonder how long the wait might really be lol

yes i am impatient very and have been all my life :P i have no prob paying for overnight on some items lol

lol HARSH!!!

:ughdunno: Just wanted to give an example of what the responce was about the repair. I thought we were talking about Dbr's refurbs... Guess I opened a can of worms. :puzzled:

I don't no if that did sundowns rep any justice but that sounds like a good review of db-r's work in my eyes if have a prob with my bc2000 after warranty i will be in touch with chris about it for sure

"It had the standard problems, loose output inductor broke legs on a transistor next to it, hUvoltage regulator filter caps had bad solder joints and 15V+ voltage regulator was bad because of it. All fixed up and everything siliconed in place now, way better than it was new."

lol HARSH!!!

I apologize if my comment wasnt worded properly.

My comment was referring to the faulty components in your repaired Sundown amplifier. The "loose output..." and "bad solder joints" could have been factory defects or common issues from misuse or just normal wear over an extended period of use.

"It had the standard problems, loose output inductor broke legs on a transistor next to it, hUvoltage regulator filter caps had bad solder joints and 15V+ voltage regulator was bad because of it. All fixed up and everything siliconed in place now, way better than it was new."

lol HARSH!!!

I apologize if my comment wasnt worded properly.

My comment was referring to the faulty components in your repaired Sundown amplifier. The "loose output..." and "bad solder joints" could have been factory defects or common issues from misuse or just normal wear over an extended period of use.

It's all good, I feel it had been abused by the previous owner.

Placed order already have a tracking i bought the 2nd to last one they have in stock :dancing: cant wait

Your 3kwp is exactly the same as the sundown saz3000D, exact same board, different headsink and case.

I know Sefugi's amp wasn't a saz3000d, but I'm sure the parts are similar from one to another. (as why would sundown use cheap parts in one amp and better parts in another? Wouldn't make sense)

Just some food for thought.

Did you get your BC2000d? I have the BC3500d ( I can play it for an hour, and the amp case barely gets warm- my sub on the other hand...), I have met the owner of Crescendo a few times nice guy. Lots of people in Florida run his amps, they are located about 40 minutes from where I live and can't beat that price haha.

it would also be from db-r btw with 1 year warranty only downfall says its a 6-7 day wait before ship wtf??

i think the sundown puts out more wattage ?

this was sent to me straight from crescendo BC2000d 2250@1ohm@13.8v 1100@2ohm 700@4ohm

the clamp results state the bc put down 1676 at 12.8v 1.67ohm calculated

according to jacobs clamp tests the 1500 put down 1970 at 12.8v with calculated 1.23ohm

They're both exceeding the tests...