matj1990

Plan on ordering tomorrow what amp?

20 members have voted

1. 1. what amp should i get

Do they tell you why the amp was refurbed, or are they cosmetic problems from shipping. I'd be interested if you have the answer.

When buying a refurb, I don't think they give specifics, but a call to them could explain all. They are very helpfull.

This was the responce about my repair:

"It had the standard problems, loose output inductor broke legs on a transistor next to it, voltage regulator filter caps had bad solder joints and 15V+ voltage regulator was bad because of it. All fixed up and everything siliconed in place now, way better than it was new."

Wow, almost sounds like the build quality was poor to begin with.

Your 3kwp is exactly the same as the sundown saz3000D, exact same board, different headsink and case.

I know Sefugi's amp wasn't a saz3000d, but I'm sure the parts are similar from one to another. (as why would sundown use cheap parts in one amp and better parts in another? Wouldn't make sense)

Just some food for thought.

Now why couldn't it be???

Actually it was a 1200d, that was purchased used(& abused) in my opinion. Will not point fingers for I have no proof. It's all good now though!!!!!

Do they tell you why the amp was refurbed, or are they cosmetic problems from shipping. I'd be interested if you have the answer.

When buying a refurb, I don't think they give specifics, but a call to them could explain all. They are very helpfull.

This was the responce about my repair:

"It had the standard problems, loose output inductor broke legs on a transistor next to it, voltage regulator filter caps had bad solder joints and 15V+ voltage regulator was bad because of it. All fixed up and everything siliconed in place now, way better than it was new."

Wow, almost sounds like the build quality was poor to begin with.

Your 3kwp is exactly the same as the sundown saz3000D, exact same board, different headsink and case.

I know Sefugi's amp wasn't a saz3000d, but I'm sure the parts are similar from one to another. (as why would sundown use cheap parts in one amp and better parts in another? Wouldn't make sense)

Just some food for thought.

one easy answer, people are fucking stupid

another is Shipping companies are brutal.

Glad to hear you went with Crescendo and went the opposite of what everyone said here. I have had my 5500 for about 4 months now and absolutely had NO issues with it.

Congrats on the purchase! Both companies use the best build houses in Korea. So a win win for you.

As far as the Sundown 1200 that Sefugi uses that was the old SAE line from Sundown and it didn't meet Sundown standards and was discontinued due to to poor QC. China buildhouse as well.

I believe the wait time from Db-r is because he has to get them shipped to him from Jacob and then he fixes them. This is on a order to order basis, IIRC. He doesn't have the room to keep them all in stock.