Sign in to follow this  
Grey_Fox

The purpose of the "bass knob" ?

Is the remote knob a separate volume for the amplifier or separate EQ for the amplifier?

Do all these remote knobs do the same same thing?

Hifonics's"Bass Boost"

RF's "Remote Punch EQ"

Kicker's "Remote Bass Level"

If I already have my EQ tuned to the music that listen to, do I need a knob ?

:)

Edited by Grey_Fox

A remote gain knob is solely for turning down the gain quickly to set it at normal listening levels. The max on the gain knob is where you set the gain on the amp...when you turn the knob down, it turns down the gain on the amp.

usualy the cheaper amps are a bass knob .... trash on a knob, or remote clipping. all they do is bass boost.

better amps are a remote gain

A remote gain knob is solely for turning down the gain quickly to set it at normal listening levels. The max on the gain knob is where you set the gain on the amp...when you turn the knob down, it turns down the gain on the amp.

You are correct, but he asked about a bass boost control.

Just don't use it. Stick with your EQ.

It works the same way as the remote gain mentioned above though.

So right now my amp gain set now I throw the knob that came with it do I turn knob all the way up before making connection to amp? This has always been floating around my head.

"Bass Knob" or "Bass Boost" is not a good idea as it can send the amp into clipping if not set correctly. I prefer to use the bass & treble controls on the HU.

Unplug the knob from the amp, adjust gain to where you would like it, turn knob all the way up and then plug it back in. Now you can not exceed the level at which you have set on the amplifier, you can only turn it down with the knob basically. This keeps you (or someone else) from getting a little too happy with the knob and driving your amplifier beyond the point set on the amp.

Unplug the knob from the amp, adjust gain to where you would like it, turn knob all the way up and then plug it back in. Now you can not exceed the level at which you have set on the amplifier, you can only turn it down with the knob basically. This keeps you (or someone else) from getting a little too happy with the knob and driving your amplifier beyond the point set on the amp.

hgfgif7.gif

does my stereo need to be on at the full volume i will be playing it at or can it be off?

you should put your stereo at your loudest listening level that you usually play at a normal basis then you turn your bass nob up all the way and slowly turn your gains up on your eq until its at a satisfied listening level.. now you can turn your bass knob up all the way and no distortion or trying to make the amp do more then it can dirty signal

Say your headunit goes up to 60...dont go much higher that 45-50...because then you will force the head unit to clip.

Some people said this but didn't make it quite clear. A bass knob is different than a remote gain. A bass knob just adds bass boost and ends up clipping the signal easily. A remote gain is used basically just adjust the gain on the fly. As far as bass knobs, I'm not sure if it matters where you set the knob BEFORE you plug it in. I don't think it should matter though. As far as the remote gain, such as on AQ or DC amps, whether is maxed or at the minimum level before you plug it in, it will not make a difference, just make sure you set the gain with it plugged in around the 75% mark.