Sign in to follow this  
BigDaveIA

Team Street Shakers BJ 4 IA Warden explorer build

This truck with this setup made its debut at Scrapin the Coast in Biloxi. We started on this truck on the friday before STC, and finished it thursday night at 11 and left for biloxi at noon on friday. We werent sure if it would make it but we got it done. It still has a long way to go but it was good enough to make the trip.

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

4 Inriminator Audio Warden 15's

2 Incriminator Audio 40.1 amps

5 XS Power D3100 batteries

250 amp Ohio Generator alt

Complete enclosure built out of 13 ply baltic birch

I snapped some pics as we were building. Probably could have gotten more but this is it. We will continue to work on this truck so more pics will come eventually but im going to go ahead and show what I have so far. Just to clear this up, this is not my truck. This truck belongs to BJ Smith of Team Street Shakers. I just built it along with BJ and an old IA competitor William "Mr. NO WALL" Collier.

Had to brace the roof because the previous setups had wreaked havoc on the roof. All braces had broke and fell out and the roof had rips in about 10 places.

2011-06-17_21-58-45_138.jpg

Here is the truck

2011-06-17_21-59-42_158.jpg

Cutting out some metal to make room.

2011-06-17_22-10-20_769.jpg

Once the roof was repaired and bracing was added we used Line-x on the roof because of cosmetics and because it acts somewhat like sound dampener.

2011-06-17_21-59-26_680.jpg

2011-06-18_16-40-27_331.jpg

2011-06-18_16-40-19_830.jpg

Great work and pix!

Tuned in for more .... :popcorn:

loving the start so far... wish I had a damn SUV ... but gas prices make me happy I didn't ... :suicide-santa:

What it looked like when we took it to Scrapin the Coast.

2011-06-23_20-01-59_379.jpg

This setup is just the beginning. We are eventually going to have a dual alt setup. 4 IA 40.1's and 16 volt batteries. It currently has 8 selenium 6" mids and 6 eminence APT-80 tweeters with 12 selenium horns. The mids and highs are bout to change to 12 eminator 8's, 12 eminator 6.5's, and 12 eminence tweeters. This too will be added to once new door panels and new center console get done. Thats all the pics I have for now but this was just in 6 days. Hopefully after a little rest we can get back on it and really bring this truck to life.

I like it! I'm eager to see what this thing will really do with some more elbow grease. Should definitely be something special.

Just don't forget to read my post about Newton's Law of Motion on the guy with the 3 DP 21's. LMAO!!

Very nice!

Looks beastly!! Wish I could have made it to Scrapin' to check it out!

What you guys think? We will have this truck in Macon, GA this weekend for the 2 db drag/iasca shows. Cmon out and check it out along with Beau Boren's toyota truck in Super Street 1-2. Hope to see some IA fans/competitors/customers out there. Dont be shy and come holla at me. We have done a little more work and added a bunch of the new eminence Eminator mids and highs. Truck is screaming!!! Hope you all like this.

Looks good ! Havent been on here in a while ! Dave wasnt kiddin when he told me you had a ton of steel

keep up the good work can't wait to see when the 2 other 40.1 and the 16 volt battery's are in i must say the encloser i saw at the street shakers show is a allot louder btw here a vid from scrapin the coast of it this thing is insane i was parked next to it making my keys jangle and my gps move around while still on the windshield

here some vids from the street shakersshow with the new encloser and the eminator mids & highs

It is so loud that I even heard it in Russia! :dancing: Amazing project guys!

What impedance amplifiers are connected?