sundownz

Sundown NeoPro 6.5" Prototypes

I got some photos of the prototypes in from my factory -- they are looking good. Of course the terminals will be bent down and whatnot in production. The motor is equal to the NeoPro-8 model.

The only negative is that I am not sure how pricing will go on these Neo drivers -- Neo prices are going crazy and it may result in the NeoPro drivers rising in price.

For reference... I got Neo quotes for my big Neo SPL motor and it was 300% higher than in 2009 -- no joke!

BUT I will try to keep making them if possible as people really do enjoy them :thumbsup:

DSC00572_65.jpg

DSC00577_65.jpg

DSC00578_65.jpg

We'll probably do some testing in Derrick's ride to see how they do.

I'll definitely be in on the preorder for these. Can't wait.

More specs on the way as you do testing??

Very Nice!

What is the goal for these? Get loud and sound good?

I am curious if these are aimed towards the spl crowd or if the will be suitable in an sq setup.

Get Loud / Sound Good just like the whole NeoPro line.

For SQ I'd look into a more traditional 6.5" with higher linear x-max and a bit more mid-bass output.

Cute little foker. Bummer bout the neo prices.

Ewwwwww I see these costing 3-4x as the neos $450-500 a set for 2 mids,cross overs, & tweets... I would luv to see $150 or lower.

Why would the price on these be so much, would they not be in the same range as the 8s and 10s?

Very nice looking drivers ... Wish I could hear them ...

Why would the price on these be so much, would they not be in the same range as the 8s and 10s?

I see the price on these being more because it's a set & not one driver... The 6.5 & the neo 8 has the same motor if I was reading the first post rite. So if two neo 8"s are $200 + shipping. So take that price, add the price of what ever tweets & X-overs they use, adds 50 to 150 more. Plus SD prices are never packet (till the sa8"s & bstock form what i see)& shipping = 450-500 as a wost case.

Why I say I would luv to see $150 or lower

I see the price on these being more because it's a set & not one driver... The 6.5 & the neo 8 has the same motor if I was reading the first post rite. So if two neo 8"s are $200 + shipping. So take that price, add the price of what ever tweets & X-overs they use, adds 50 to 150 more. Plus SD prices are never packet (till the sa8"s & bstock form what i see)& shipping = 450-500 as a wost case.

Where did you read anything about a set? This isn't the component set they are working on.. :ughdunno:

Where did you read anything about a set? This isn't the component set they are working on.. :ughdunno:

cause in a different topic it was said a sundown 6.5 would be part of a component set in the future but I could be wrong it's all up to sundown & it's crew...

cause in a different topic it was said a sundown 6.5 would be part of a component set in the future but I could be wrong it's all up to sundown & it's crew...

You are wrong my friend, this is a neo pro driver to be used in an active setup. Your referring to the 6.5" shallow component set which are still being tested, two different goals and drivers.

Thank god you made these :D

Now theres no need to mod my doors :dancing:

You are wrong my friend, this is a neo pro driver to be used in an active setup. Your referring to the 6.5" shallow component set which are still being tested, two different goals and drivers.

well if I'm wrong oh well let's keep it move... This still gone be a $80-100 speaker. The only reason I leave that big of a jump in price is because the jump in price between the 8" & 10"s drivers.....

Wonder will these come in sets?

If you've got the cash, I'm sure you can order 'em by the thousands.

well if I'm wrong oh well let's keep it move... This still gone be a $80-100 speaker. The only reason I leave that big of a jump in price is because the jump in price between the 8" & 10"s drivers.....

Wonder will these come in sets?

They will be sold like the others as in each!

im interested in these

paper cones,push terminals, and low mounting depth is what im after

DSC00578_65.jpg

From the picture it has a black dust cap, will it be to small for the Sundown logo??

If you have had time for testing, is there a suggested power rating and freq. range established yet?

DSC00578_65.jpg

From the picture it has a black dust cap, will it be to small for the Sundown logo??

If you have had time for testing, is there a suggested power rating and freq. range established yet?

is still a prototype made ​​by the factory

For this reason, the logo has not yet

I think we have not yet tested

Thank you, will be watching for up-coming info!!

Some more actual pics now that I have them... I may go to the old style spade connectors for the 6.5" as the sprint terminals don't work as well on this frame as the other sizes... but otherwise pretty happy with them so far :

CIMG5117.JPG

CIMG5118.JPG

CIMG5119.JPG