Sign in to follow this  
TranceAddict

Would it make a difference to completely seal off the trunk ?

I was wondering if the box would sound better ported facing towards the cabin ,up against the back seats or closer towards the trunk opening ? And would it make a difference to completely seal off the trunk ?

Typically if you want to fire it forward, you need to seal it off from the back of the trunk completely. Otherwise you'll end up with some cancellation.

I was wondering if the box would sound better ported facing towards the cabin ,up against the back seats or closer towards the trunk opening ? And would it make a difference to completely seal off the trunk ?

I have mine like that. With the seats up it gets loud. Obviously with the seats down its louder. I have it wedged pretty tight to the passthrough and then sealed with gorilla tape and expanding phone. Port on driver side . I really like it and would recommend it as an option. Check out my build log for more

Typically if you want to fire it forward, you need to seal it off from the back of the trunk completely. Otherwise you'll end up with some cancellation.

Thanks Micksh ...do you have or find any installing pics ?

There's actually a bunch of my old install pics in my gallery, but most are of large systems with walls, but there is one trunk with subs firing back and another install firing forward but you can't see the front of the box.

There's actually a bunch of my old install pics in my gallery, but most are of large systems with walls, but there is one trunk with subs firing back and another install firing forward but you can't see the front of the box.

thanks ,i'll take a look

i think it depends on the car.......

my town car was a btch to get loud.. even wt 5000w

my buick skylark i was going deaf wt 1200w and 2 12's