Sign in to follow this  
jj1479

Pics of my Mechman 270 amp alternator

Just some pictures of my alternator for my 2009 Ford Escape that Eric made me. He said its only 1 of 2 made. But after installing it found out the UPS must of dropped it :WTFBubble: in shipping cause after running it the internal fan is rubbing the inside of the case and throwing shaveings all over the place. After calling Eric he said that it must of somehow shifted when it was dropped buy he said that he will get it fixed up and get it back to me asap. :drink40:

So it was shipped back to Eric this morning.

alt1.jpg

alt2.jpg

alt3.jpg

alt4.jpg

Nice alt! Too bad about the damage, but glad Mechman is taking care of you!

Very Nice Alt !!! Thats good business there ... :drink40:

Hi Joe!!!

I'm bummed about the shipping issue, but we will get that back to you ASAP. Thanks for working with us on this fit and application, your input has been very valuable.

I'm looking forward to seeing the installed product on your ride.

Eric.

Yup , Eric putting in work over at mechman. good stuff you'll love it once everything set up. :drink40:

Some pics from when I first installed it, had to modify the mounts a little bit cause of the ac compressor.

001-6.jpg

003-5.jpg

013-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

017-1.jpg

025.jpg

021.jpg

Joe-

Thanks for posting the pics. We re-coated your mounts and clearanced the case with the mill when we had it apart so it will now be 100% to our spec.

It went out with UPS yesterday so you will have it back real soon.

-Eric.

Damn... that was quick!!! :fing34:

It took long enough to get this one out the door to him, not going to make him wait any longer!

Oh, and now we know all of the interference so the next guy will have the best fit available.

It took long enough to get this one out the door to him, not going to make him wait any longer!

Oh, and now we know all of the interference so the next guy will have the best fit available.

Now how about that for costumer service :jump: Cant wait to get it installed so I can start the big build :drink40:

Thanks again Eric for all of the help. oh ya got the shims yesterday :)

OH and forgot to thank UPS for taking such care the first time around!! Dicks :jon::jon::jon:

Good to see that level of service from a HO alternator provider.

Not directed at you, but that has not been the case here lately it seems. Nice job taking care of your customer!

:fing34:

Well received it back today so hopefully I can get it installed again this weekend.

:fing34:

yes can't wait to see the pics installed and videos... :fing34:

Damn I guess I missed the 2 year warranty cause my new invoice date says 7-1-11?? :puzzled:

Edited by jj1479

Well recieved it back and installed it and alt wont work at idle and with no warranty i'm f****d :suicide-santa::suicide-santa:

Hmm I was just looking at Mechman alts. This kind of worries me. Would hate to shell out almost $500 and have to ship it back like 3-4 times before a working one arrives.

This was just my experience with my alt. I wouldn't base you decision on just my scenario. I guess i should of asked about the warranty before shelling out the money.

Edited by jj1479

Very true but it's something I take into account.

This was just my experience with my alt. I wouldn't base you decision on just my scenario. I guess i should of asked about the warranty before shelling out the money.

x2, every company has a bad review from time to time. Sucks man and hope you get this situated or sold.

If the invoice is prior to the date that the 2yr warranties went into effect shouldn't you still be under the 1 yr warranty???

Does it have an adjustable voltage boost module harness? How do you know its not charging? It sucks when the weekend gets in the way of important things but give them a call today. They will help you.

I looked at your alt pics and saw no AVBM harness. I hope its something simple. If your just getting a 13.8v charge the cars PCM could be controlling the alt but you are still getting pretty close to the alts rated output at X rpm's after warm up. Good luck.

inkfx you can ask onebadmonte about how well my mechman holds up. My car might not be as brutal as his burban but he did see the stinger voltage meter on my dash holding 14v at idle at that audio express get together a few weekends back.

Edited by crunkjuice1

If the invoice is prior to the date that the 2yr warranties went into effect shouldn't you still be under the 1 yr warranty???

Does it have an adjustable voltage boost module harness? How do you know its not charging? It sucks when the weekend gets in the way of important things but give them a call today. They will help you.

I looked at your alt pics and saw no AVBM harness. I hope its something simple. If your just getting a 13.8v charge the cars PCM could be controlling the alt but you are still getting pretty close to the alts rated output at X rpm's after warm up. Good luck.

inkfx you can ask onebadmonte about how well my mechman holds up. My car might not be as brutal as his burban but he did see the stinger voltage meter on my dash holding 14v at idle at that audio express get together a few weekends back.

Alt was ordered/paid for on 7-1-11 called Eric for a update on 7-15-11 and he said it went out 7-14-11 in the afternoon and i received it on 7-18-11. Thats why I think it should have the 2 year warranty it didn't leave mechman till AFTER they started the new policy......... but it is what it is.

As of a 1 year warranty I have no idea I emailed and ask Eric about the 2 year and this is what he said " Unfortunately no but we take care of our people with heavily discounted repairs outside warranty. Our failure rate is very low so you have nothing to worry about"

It does not have a AVBM cause of the PCM

I had my Fluke meter hooked up and it does not charge at all at idle. When you rev the engine it starts charging at 14.xx but when it goes back to idle rpm it drops back to 12.xx and slowly drops. Its like the alt isn't turning on.

Well recieved it back and installed it and alt wont work at idle and with no warranty i'm f****d :suicide-santa::suicide-santa:

You do have a one-year warranty on this unit and we have never backed away from taking care of our customers.

Hmm I was just looking at Mechman alts. This kind of worries me. Would hate to shell out almost $500 and have to ship it back like 3-4 times before a working one arrives.

Unfortunately we ran into a problem with the fit on Joe's unit, Ford changed designs and we were not aware of the fit issue with the AC compressor. The unit not functioning properly was most likely due to mishandling by the shipping company as every unit we ship is dyno'd before it is boxed. Joe was good enough to clearance the blocks himself so when it came back we cleaned them up, powdercoated them again and clearanced the case on the mill to make things look nice like they should. We work hard to fit units to vehicles that aren't available from other manufacturers and this is one of the problems that we may encounter on a rare occasion.

This unit is under the one-year warranty.

There is no AVBM as it is PCM controlled.

I'm thinking it's simply an idle speed issue at this point and would require a simple pulley swap to correct it entirely. Many new cars idle very low for a variety of reasons, emissions, idle fuel consumption and noise, and it slows the accessories to the point where they can barely function at that speed. 500rpm idle speeds are not uncommon these days, my GMC idles at 550, my BMW at 600, but my Volvo is downright uncivilized at 900.

Alt was ordered/paid for on 7-1-11 called Eric for a update on 7-15-11 and he said it went out 7-14-11 in the afternoon and i received it on 7-18-11. Thats why I think it should have the 2 year warranty it didn't leave mechman till AFTER they started the new policy......... but it is what it is.

As of a 1 year warranty I have no idea I emailed and ask Eric about the 2 year and this is what he said " Unfortunately no but we take care of our people with heavily discounted repairs outside warranty. Our failure rate is very low so you have nothing to worry about"

I had my Fluke meter hooked up and it does not charge at all at idle. When you rev the engine it starts charging at 14.xx but when it goes back to idle rpm it drops back to 12.xx and slowly drops. Its like the alt isn't turning on.

I guess my alt's no good for the 2 year warranty since my invoice it dated 7-1-11?
Unfortunately no' date=' but we take care of our people with heavily discounted repairs outside warranty. Our failure rate is very low so you have nothing to worry about. [/quote']

I am sorry if you misunderstood, but all units sold prior to the start of the two-year warranty have a one-year warranty period.

I replied to your email this AM.

-Eric.

You do have a one-year warranty on this unit and we have never backed away from taking care of our customers.

Unfortunately we ran into a problem with the fit on Joe's unit, Ford changed designs and we were not aware of the fit issue with the AC compressor. The unit not functioning properly was most likely due to mishandling by the shipping company as every unit we ship is dyno'd before it is boxed. Joe was good enough to clearance the blocks himself so when it came back we cleaned them up, powdercoated them again and clearanced the case on the mill to make things look nice like they should. We work hard to fit units to vehicles that aren't available from other manufacturers and this is one of the problems that we may encounter on a rare occasion.

This unit is under the one-year warranty.

There is no AVBM as it is PCM controlled.

I'm thinking it's simply an idle speed issue at this point and would require a simple pulley swap to correct it entirely. Many new cars idle very low for a variety of reasons, emissions, idle fuel consumption and noise, and it slows the accessories to the point where they can barely function at that speed. 500rpm idle speeds are not uncommon these days, my GMC idles at 550, my BMW at 600, but my Volvo is downright uncivilized at 900.

I guess my alt's no good for the 2 year warranty since my invoice it dated 7-1-11?
Unfortunately no' date=' but we take care of our people with heavily discounted repairs outside warranty. Our failure rate is very low so you have nothing to worry about. [/quote']

I am sorry if you misunderstood' date=' but all units sold prior to the start of the two-year warranty have a one-year warranty period.

I replied to your email this AM.

-Eric.

[/quote']

From what I can tell Its between 600-700

Could the coating on the blocks be keeping the alt from getting a deasent ground? Because the recesed holes in the blocks are painted so the only ground would be from when the coating scrapes off when I tighten the allen head bolts. Last time I ground the coating off so it would get a good ground.

Edited by jj1479