ford302redneck

Wiring in series, out of phase just a little?

I usually don't do this, and I hate to give this idiot more views but this was just to good.

http://youtu.be/O2hraSZ55cE

This is the first I've heard of this, and I didn't know you could see wiring move when current passes through it. I guess you learn something new everyday.

This guy blocked me a while back for informing his XS Power batteries wasn't 6+ years old, as he stated.(Even though I don't know why he was making that excuse to begin with) so I can't comment to find out more on this wonderful knowledge he's giving out.

This guys seems to be a retard but the wires moving is pretty cool I did not know that.

my wires dont move...

and i see it but i still call BS

This guys seems to be a retard but the wires moving is pretty cool I did not know that.

:facepalm:

I guess my sarcasm didn't come across like I intended.

The wires aren't moving cause of current, its because they are sitting right beside a cooling holes on the motor and the air is moving them.

:rofl2::orly3::rofl2:

The wires aren't moving cause of current, its because they are sitting right beside a cooling holes on the motor and the air is moving them.

He didn't have enough amplitude to create enough air to move the wires. They are moving because of current. When current moves through a wire it creates a magnetic field which is reacting with the motors magnetic field and pushing and pulling the wire.

Aw man :( Impious beat me to it. Something cool that i actually knew too! A first for me on this forum. Cool video though, will probably inform a few people :)

Aw man :( Impious beat me to it. Something cool that i actually knew too! A first for me on this forum. Cool video though, will probably inform a few people :)

bromo said that :P

bromo said that

Damn, he sure did. My apologies :(

**double post fail

Edited by Frostedflakejake

He didn't have enough amplitude to create enough air to move the wires. They are moving because of current. When current moves through a wire it creates a magnetic field which is reacting with the motors magnetic field and pushing and pulling the wire.

That said I would still disagree with his conclusion.

You would want to wire each individual subwoofer's coils in series and parallel the subwoofers together, not the other way around as he suggested.

Electrons in the wires move at about the speed of light. If you get a "phase difference" it is the time in which light travels 8 or 10 inches. I'd be willing to bet you couldn't hear that or measure with any conventional methods.

Series and parallel wiring makes no difference which way you do it. Electrons don't really care and will do the same work whether you series the coils and parallel the subs, or vice versa provided the final load is equal.

Electrons in the wires move at about the speed of light. If you get a "phase difference" it is the time in which light travels 8 or 10 inches. I'd be willing to bet you couldn't hear that or measure with any conventional methods.

Series and parallel wiring makes no difference which way you do it. Electrons don't really care and will do the same work whether you series the coils and parallel the subs, or vice versa provided the final load is equal.

Not entirely true.

With two (or more) speakers wired in series, the back EMF from any of the speakers can modulate the other speakers. This same problem does not exist in dual voice coils of the same subwoofer wired in series. Which is why I said I would disagree with his conclusion that it's better to wire speakers in series than parallel. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason for the difference in the video.

I noticed something similar when my ground cable on my welder turned into a magnet when welding. i was wondering how the metal dust arranged itself in such an odd pattern, then it hit me lol.

first time ever seeing the wires on a subwoofer do that though. reason why is really simple but just something you dont see every day. probably never see it because whenever you do free air a sub you are probably playing a 20+ hz tone so i think the wire wont react as quick, if anything will vibrate at the frequency you are playing and you just think its from the sub.

one question though...why is that guy even bothering "breaking in" those subs? once i checked my coil for any rubbing after i reconed it i just installed then cranked it....life went on as usual.

Edited by beandip

I noticed something similar when my ground cable on my welder turned into a magnet when welding. i was wondering how the metal dust arranged itself in such an odd pattern, then it hit me lol.

first time ever seeing the wires on a subwoofer do that though. reason why is really simple but just something you dont see every day. probably never see it because whenever you do free air a sub you are probably playing a 20+ hz tone so i think the wire wont react as quick, if anything will vibrate at the frequency you are playing and you just think its from the sub.

one question though...why is that guy even bothering "breaking in" those subs? once i checked my coil for any rubbing after i reconed it i just installed then cranked it....life went on as usual.

He likes to give into myths and misconceptions, the root cause is a lack of brain cells.

Ah. Glad to see that won't happen here. Misinformation doesn't get far with you guys around. I was unaware of the users "background".