Sign in to follow this  
knockinthastreetzof608

dual alt setup idea

well my question is if my car is pcm controlled is it possible to perhaps run my stock alt on my electrical for my car nd have my 2nd alt from you(mechman270 unit) and run it with just my car audio equipment? and the pcm will not controll the output at all?

People do that all the time, we have done it here for quite a few people. Our Suburban Spring Break build was a PCM controlled truck that had our units running only the audio.

People do that all the time, we have done it here for quite a few people. Our Suburban Spring Break build was a PCM controlled truck that had our units running only the audio.

nice i was unaware of that now next question is will you be able to do a bracket for me?

Not without having the vehicle here in the shop. Too many variables for us to build one without having the vehicle here.

Not without having the vehicle here in the shop. Too many variables for us to build one without having the vehicle here.

understandable, dont happen by any chance to have a 2005 ford mustang? :lol2:

also on a seriouse note well since i have no fab. skills in that catorgoery is there any companys that you are aware of that will make me a bracket?

Its hard to say without contacting each company to find out if they have/had access to per say vehicle. Usually best is find the closest shop to you willing to build one and go there. Where are you located?

I wouldn't expect this to be super cheap either.

Its hard to say without contacting each company to find out if they have/had access to per say vehicle. Usually best is find the closest shop to you willing to build one and go there. Where are you located?

I wouldn't expect this to be super cheap either.

im located in Beloit Wisconsin southern wisconsin like the border of wi and il

and whats the price range of it?

and also what kind of shop am i looking for? also how can i tell if there are good at what they do and not a run of a mill thing