Sign in to follow this  
kryptonitewhite

Back to black. Low profile. Not quite stealth, but better!

I got so sick and tired and fed up, irritated with everyones obsession with looks, asthetics, cosmetics. It's all about the sound and cheap cheap cheap to me. I got carried away with the walmart red, silver, and gold spray paint. Brandy got me 10 cans of walmart black paint for my birthday so i could paint it all back...and I am very pleased. It is very sloppy, very cheap, but it is black sloppy, better than gold silver and red sloppy!

Before:

(havent painted the doors yet, may leave them red)

CIMG6092.jpg

CIMG6093.jpg

CIMG6094.jpg

CIMG6095.jpg

CIMG6096.jpg

CIMG6097.jpg

CIMG6098.jpg

CIMG6099.jpg

hard to see, but the front of the false ceiling is red, and I left that too!

CIMG6100.jpg

CIMG6101.jpg

My daughter Heather peeling gold spray painted resin from the port... I will focus more on the port later.

CIMG6108.jpg

CIMG6109.jpg

CIMG6110.jpg

CIMG6111.jpg

CIMG6112.jpg

CIMG6113.jpg

CIMG6114.jpg

CIMG6115.jpg

CIMG6116.jpg

CIMG6117.jpg

CIMG6118.jpg

CIMG6119.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

after: I even used some sand paper and sanded some of the foam and caulk off the ceiling!

CIMG6120.jpg

CIMG6121.jpg

CIMG6122.jpg

CIMG6123.jpg

CIMG6124.jpg

CIMG6125.jpg

the reflection from the doors makes the top still look red, its not except the very front by the windshield

CIMG6126.jpg

CIMG6127.jpg

I got so sick and tired and fed up, irritated with everyones obsession with looks, asthetics, cosmetics. It's all about the sound and cheap cheap cheap to me. I got carried away with the walmart red, silver, and gold spray paint. Brandy got me 10 cans of walmart black paint for my birthday so i could paint it all back...and I am very pleased. It is very sloppy, very cheap, but it is black sloppy, better than gold silver and red sloppy!

I'm NOT trying to be a smartass here... Honestly, how does it sound to you? I wonder with great curiosity how it sounds with the highs firing down in front of you like that. Sure wish I could check it out sometime just to see for myself. I can't say it's a direction I would ever choose for one of my builds, but I've learned over the years that definitely doesn't mean a damn thing. Over the years I've listened to some pretty fucked up installs (IMO & not my opinion of yours) that surprised the absolute hell out of me on how good they sounded or how loud they got. I tend not to form an opinion until I've seen AND heard it for myself.

When I was initially doing the build with the same equipment, it was in a Hyundai Accent... i completely removed the dash and put them in there staged, aimed, all that jazz... but the motor blew and some other things so I scrapped it. Since I out them over head, I faced them strait down, to be honest... I'd assume it doesn't sound the same as a "normal" setup thats aimed and staged, but it's not like it sounds like it comes from the roof any more than kicks sound like they come from the road, and doiors from the sides and below... everyone else puts them down and to the sides where I think the human body, seats, and in my case the floor boards block the bottom of the doors.... but they face them up to compensate, i faced mine down, and I think unless you are dead set on SQ location/orientation, it may even be better to some... it is right there, no obstructions.

Picture017.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

You are one crazy MO FO!!!

I have to admire your originality..

That is all I am after T-DOG! A little acceptance. I don't want everyone else to stop doin how they do and do what I do, cuz then I'd just be like everyone else. I just want to be a bit different, mix it up a little, keep a little diversity! Thank you!

Thos 1st pics didnt turn out, went and took 2 more after pics, much better! Made 2 vids of HULK too, 1 short 1 long.

CIMG6130.jpg

CIMG6131.jpg

DUDE im lovin it!!!

Whats up RLP! Thanks man, this post's for you!

Of course when I record a movie with the camera it seems like what you would fear in car-audio...camera sounds terrible, rest assured it sounds wicked in person even without the subs!

Loved those final pics so much, hated the other pics that made it look bad, had to quote myself :-P

Thos 1st pics didnt turn out' date=' went and took 2 more after pics, much better! Made 2 vids of HULK too, 1 short 1 long.

[img']http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/kryptonitewhite/CIMG6130.jpg

CIMG6131.jpg

HA, im sure it does sound beast. I wish u would of got that limo SUV

Oh it does for sure! I couldn't have afforded to drive that thing, let alone insurance!

CIMG6130.jpg

CIMG6131.jpg

I like your style :drink40::popcorn:

I like your Avatar! :D

lol I have been to lazy to change it hehe

later today I do REW sweeps to see how much the paint changes HF diffraction and LF absorbtion and lowering resonance by adding mass

I wish that Accent build wouldve continued. That looks badass. I don't like the painting of everything. But I am curious to see how your van sounds in person. The one thing I do know is that you have some very nice equipment in it.

The accent would have been sick, but what can ya do? Ya the paint is terrible, but its MUCH better than it was before. After the gloss fades it'll look much better... just dark and unremarkable. Right now its glossy shiny and bright, it wont after a few weeks.

That is all I am after T-DOG! A little acceptance. I don't want everyone else to stop doin how they do and do what I do, cuz then I'd just be like everyone else. I just want to be a bit different, mix it up a little, keep a little diversity! Thank you!

Thos 1st pics didnt turn out, went and took 2 more after pics, much better! Made 2 vids of HULK too, 1 short 1 long.

CIMG6130.jpg

CIMG6131.jpg

nothing wrong with that!

check out my videos and build log.

CIMG6130.jpg

CIMG6131.jpg

nothing wrong with that!

check out my videos and build log.

very nice! I commented. Did you just have a birthday too?

It's been years and still most here haven't figured out take 90% of my bullshit as fun... but on some other forums some people didnt know to which was the reply:

kryptonitewhite kustoms

CIMG6158.jpg

we make millions on:

CIMG6159.jpg

have I done a port shot yet?

CIMG6160.jpg

have I shown you the pass door since I fixed it? There were BRIGHT red streaks in there before:

CIMG6161.jpg

have I done a better port shot?

CIMG6162.jpg

how about a shot from INSIDE the box looking out through a subwoofer hole?

CIMG6163.jpg

how about looking through the subwoofer hole and being able to see the cool speakers??

CIMG6165.jpg

how about a port shot from INSIDE the box?

CIMG6166.jpg

how about a port shot from INSIDE the box and you can actually see the cool speakers?

CIMG6167.jpg

how about a shot of the speakers from inside the port?

CIMG6168.jpg

CIMG6169.jpg

CIMG6170.jpg

CIMG6172.jpg

CIMG6174.jpg

CIMG6175.jpg

CIMG6176.jpg

CIMG6177.jpg

drum roll please:

we have been avoiding the driver side door for the big unveiling...

wait for it...

wait for it...

waaaaaait................................

CIMG6178.jpg

people always get a big laugh when they come over. I have caulk, foam, resin, paint, everything on my dishes. Glasses! Plates! On my carpet, on my floors, all of my clothes. When we go out to eat I hve to be told " grab the pants and shirt WITHOUT all that shit all over it". Brandy used to think it was funny and cute. Her first 2 months here we did the Towers mod adding bracing and more subs. She ruined 2 hoodies and a tank top on that project alone. She got me a hoody a while back and we took pics for Facebook showing her purposely putting spray paint on it while it was brand new to break it in for me. My van really is terribly ugly, especially the seats, floor, and dash.

Blue paint on the carpet

CIMG6182-1.jpg

CIMG6183-1.jpg

caulk on the linolium

CIMG6184-1.jpg

caulk on a glass

CIMG6185-1.jpg

resin on a glass

CIMG6186-1.jpg

spray paint in the shower

CIMG6189-1.jpg

caulk in the shower

CIMG6190-1.jpg

the seats are terrible. I hate them. It's one thing to have a few spots of blue on carpet, but yellow is terrible. But the seats and floor in the van are atrocious. A shitty terrible paint job is one thing, but this...this really does have to go!

resin that wasnt mixed properly BY BRANDY that didnt fully cure, spray painted gold over it, stuck to my ass as I got in and out of the port to tweak the amps. It stuck to my clothes and seats. Resin looks like black dots and smears. Caulk is the yellow thick shit. Foam is the yellow thin stuff. Black and red spray paint.

CIMG6191-1.jpg

CIMG6192.jpg

dripped resin on the dash and either foam or caulk

CIMG6193-1.jpg

caulk, resin, spray paint

CIMG6194-1.jpg

paint

CIMG6198-1.jpg

foam from when a can straw busted and the entire thing exploded inside, threw it outside

CIMG6199-1.jpg

resin

CIMG6200-1.jpg

painted uncured resin

CIMG6201-1.jpg

B got caulk on her tank

CIMG6202-1.jpg

foam

CIMG6203-1.jpg

CIMG6204-1.jpg

B's hoodie. she was using the drill for the first time and got it caught!

CIMG6205-1.jpg