Just wondering what would anyone pick

Hertz HSK

Image Dynamics CTX65CS

Sounstream RF -60c

ARC FD6000

Boston Acoustics SR60

Audison Voce AV X6.5

I do not have anywhere to try any of these out :(

Also . Is clipping protection necessary ? It seems to be in most high end componenets . My Old Orions Hcca would do this and it was'nt that loud .... Any one know of components around $200-300 great for SQ and handle lots of power .

I have a boner for image dynamics they have pretty good stuff

No need to make multiple threads about the same things. Clipping protection was explained to you previously in your other thread, you need to rethink what your looking for and what you want. Components dont need a lot of power especially sq components. Clipping protection wont do you any good if your gonna overpower them and you dont know signs of distortion.

Any one know of components around $200-300 great for SQ and handle lots of power .

Those two things don't really go together. Why are you wanting to send your components lots of power? I'm assuming you will be running passive.

This Zaph ZA5 might be a decent option. I haven't heard much about the kit, but I know those tweeters are pretty nice as are the mids. I have a feeling those crossovers will also trump the offerings of most car audio companies. They're worth researching IMO.

No need to make multiple threads about the same things.

That's why this thread looked so familiar.....

I had been looking on madi at their auto kits for a while... they dropped the Scanspeaks and a few Hi-Vi's which is odd... But those Zaphs look great!!!

Beyma comp set will get loud not sure on the quality

Thanks for the help , Sorry for double posting . Forget about the tweeter protection . I understand that i probably had my setting on my amp way to high and protection is probably a good thing . But anyway if anyone can suggest one which they would pick of these it would give me an idea on what to buy , Right now i'm leaning into the ID .... There web sight says there no longer in business ??? All can be bought at my price range except for the Hertz stuff , Ebay has them but there probably fake .

Hertz HSK

Image Dynamics CTX65CS

Sounstream RF -60c

ARC FD6000

Boston Acoustics SR60

Audison Voce AV X6.5

audio savings beyma comps $202 I think. Look into them I looked at crescendo id and incriminator. I wish I would have gotten then beymas. Just look into them that is what I suggest they get loud the sq is something that is kinda personal preference...I think they sound good, but what I think sounds good you may not.

audio savings beyma comps $202 I think. Look into them I looked at crescendo id and incriminator. I wish I would have gotten then beymas. Just look into them that is what I suggest they get loud the sq is something that is kinda personal preference...I think they sound good, but what I think sounds good you may not.

I looked at them but i can't find a set with crossovers ,there all seperate ? Same with all the stuff at madisound that people were talking about . Some good stuff but i don't know how to put this stuff together . How do you get a whole set matched the right way ? None of my choices are on par with the Beyma etc... ? The ID are $159 right now and the Soundstream are $180

You would want to order a pre-assembled kit from Madisound if you went that route. The one I linked you to includes the crossovers as well. I'm not entirely sure what it is you were looking at.

Idk its really a personal preference. Like I said what sounds good to me may not sound good to you. I'm not trying to be rude or anything.

Well i'ts between the Bemya set , Soundstream

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300568704214&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

Or the ID at $159 . Which one has the best SQ for rock music ?

you would have to by all three, install them and test them to figure that out.

on the beyma is says 25 rms on the tweeter , Is that a normal spec ? , It seems kind of low .

I have some Hertz hsk165's and they are AMAZING! I have the ones that look like the ones on eBay... But mine are real. Every set on ebay of the hsk165s are fake. (usually from singapore.) They are pricey speakers. But well worth it in my opinion.

I have some Hertz hsk165's and they are AMAZING! I have the ones that look like the ones on eBay... But mine are real. Every set on ebay of the hsk165s are fake. (usually from singapore.) They are pricey speakers. But well worth it in my opinion.

I also have a set of Hertz 165 HSK components and I like them very much they handle quite a bit of power and get loud but just don't sound harsh they have a nice smooth sound to them IMO again agree with others that different people like different sounds. I demoed my set against the alpine F1 set I was looking at and I preferred the Hertz set. Are they worth the money? well thats up to you and I would definately suggest finding a place to hear some.....

I got a reply from a ebay seller from asia about some HSK hertz speakers asking for the serial number to check with Hertz before i purchase them and was told

"The serial number that sir required are highly private and confidential, as we are directly taken to sold from the Factory, We are their sub coordinator, that's why the selling prices is much more cheaper than the market prices, but that's a contract between the Factory and us, which DO NOT REVEAL any P&C detail to other people, and for the most safety factors, they will do the shipment order for us, rather than we take those parts from them, and ship out from our side. That's highly unsecure for them. That's the reason we also could not get the serial number too"

Is this for real ??? a sub coordinator in Asia for a Italian company

Most high end components have a tweeter protection. You can add more by using a small light bulb for a car, I cant recall how many amps. Could someone shed some more light on this for me?

That sounds really shady to me. I doubt that they would give you the serial even if they were legitimate, but even so the guy could barely speak english. I wouldn't want to risk wasting money on a fake set if it were me.

Buying a set of comps you haven't heard based on random people from the internets subjective opinions is flat out dumb IMO. Buy the ones that sound the best to YOU.

Sean...

i dont know about the OP... But the only components around here that i can hear before i buy are alpine, kenwood, kicker, pioneer, etc... So i have never heard ID, Hertz(which i now have because i took someones opinion and am glad i did), rainbow, etc because Ll the shops around me only carry mainstream brands... I know its just opjnions on them by other people... But it helps narrowing the choice down a bit... It did for me anyways.

Sean...

i dont know about the OP... But the only components around here that i can hear before i buy are alpine, kenwood, kicker, pioneer, etc... So i have never heard ID, Hertz(which i now have because i took someones opinion and am glad i did), rainbow, etc because Ll the shops around me only carry mainstream brands... I know its just opjnions on them by other people... But it helps narrowing the choice down a bit... It did for me anyways.

If you can't listen to them, I'd cross them off my list. Seriously.