Colbyjack

Wiring xs power cell and capacitor?

And as long as you don't charge the batteries at 15v for more than five minutes they will be fine.

(all you XSpower battery owners should know this going off the bright orange paper that comes with your batteries)

Yep, that's exactly what it says! It even says that some XS power chargers may go above 15v but for no more than 5min max. It also can't be installed with less than 12.6 resting. Got mine in today. Showing 13 resting. Looks like it's getting installed tonight!

you can charge them at 24v if you want.. but from assuming the experience in this thread.. i wouldn't suggest going beyond XS's recommendations.

however, for normal type charging, if you ever want\need to purchase a battery charger, Sears' Die Hard charger is awesome

They sell it for $90

2A trickle

15A slow

40A fast

125A engine start

Can charge virtually all battery technologies except Li type batteries.

Charges at a constant 14.7v once it's done exciting the battery.

Load tests the battery to make sure it can accept an initial charge.

Will auto trickle + shut off when not needed to run if you are away.

you can charge them at 24v if you want.. but from assuming the experience in this thread.. i wouldn't suggest going beyond XS's recommendations.

however, for normal type charging, if you ever want\need to purchase a battery charger, Sears' Die Hard charger is awesome

They sell it for $90

2A trickle

15A slow

40A fast

125A engine start

mind giving me a link on this charger? i had a xspower 12.15 charger but i left on the back of my dad bumper and he lost it somewhere driving and said he ant paying shit so i dont feel like cashing out another 200bucks

They sell it for $90

2A trickle

15A slow

40A fast

125A engine start

mind giving me a link on this charger? i had a xspower 12.15 charger but i left on the back of my dad bumper and he lost it somewhere driving and said he ant paying shit so i dont feel like cashing out another 200bucks

Boy, that sucks.

They sell it for $90

2A trickle

15A slow

40A fast

125A engine start

Boy, that sucks.

i know i loved my charger it was so small too , could just leave it charging and put the hood back down but w.e nothing else i can do now

From following instructions from the manufacture AT NO TIME during charging should the battery be subjected to more than 2.4 volts per cell.

AGM batteries are designed for use with agm battery chargers with a MAXIMUM output voltage of 2.4 volts per cell.

14.4v for 12v batteries

16.8v for 14v

19.2v for 16v

improper charging will void warranty.

yep.. those instructions are for those who don't understand how it works so they don't kill the battery.

If you know what the limitations are physically... then like i said, you cna charge WAY higher.. but i wouldn't recommend you doing it because you do not understand.

It would involve tampering with a charger, not something you could just buy off the shelf and charge higher...

If you are wondering, it's training a battery. It's complicated, but not hard and will kill the battery if not done properly.

you must be from the matrix.....lulz good stuff to know but again the average joe ain't going to go that far. So a off the shelf charger that works to recommended specs is all we would ever need.

Do not mix optima and xs together..

I am curious as to what causes you to say that.

I have yet to see or hear where optima actually lasts in someone's vehicle that is into car audio.

Also, I believe the charging requirements for optima is stricter than xs so if he ever got a high output alt that charged closed to 15v, that could be another problem.

I have a buddy who bought 4 Group 34 yellow tops used 3 years ago, and they are still holding up strong. And he used them for car audio the whole time, and as did the guy before him. And they have had a HO alternator charging at 14.9ish the whole time also. Still no problem.

Seems you heard of a few insists of Optimas failing and now thinking they all must be the same way. Sound kind of ignorant to me. A good percent of the time when something fails, its user error. And usually on the internet, people rarely tell the whole truth when talking about a problem they had with a product, so they can blame the company instead of theirself.

Now, if you have had countless amount of Opti's and have countless problems, I could understand. But going direct on hear say isn't always truthful.

Not trying to single you out, but people read a few bad things and automatically think the product sucks. And sometimes the own company.