djlilmikeny

Hookup FI Q to Audioque Amp

I have a 10" FI Q and a Audioque AQ1200 amp. The amp is a mono but it has 2 speaker terminals. How should it be hooked up?? The sub is a Dual 2 ohm, wired to 1 ohm. The way I have it hooked up right now is 1 positive wire going to the positive connector on terminal 1 and the negative wire going to the negative on terminal 2. Is this correct?? I just want to make sure the amp is giving out a 1 ohm load also so i get the most out of the system.

http://www.audioque.com/assets/images/AQ1200_3.jpg

Thanks

-Mike

Edited by DJ LiL Mike

That works. I have the same amp. All terminals are active so I downy matter just put positive on positive and negative on negative

That works. I have the same amp. All terminals are active so I downy matter just put positive on positive and negative on negative

Thanks for the quick reply! So i dont have to bridge the terminals or anything right??

Nope

Alright, thanks a lot man. I asked because I feel like i need more power. The sub could definitely take more power. I feel that the amps clips to easily and the sub can get louder. the 1200w on the AQ website is at 14.4 volts. Im not sure if the voltage makes a significant difference in volume or watts, but im on stock electrical. my alternator is a 110amp and im on a stock battery. Im not sure of the exact voltage im at.

Got a multimeter? You can use it to measure your voltage at the amp while you're playing music to at least get an idea of your voltage drops at idle. This is much easier when you have a buddy to help either measure or play dj.

Got a multimeter? You can use it to measure your voltage at the amp while you're playing music to at least get an idea of your voltage drops at idle. This is much easier when you have a buddy to help either measure or play dj.

Nop, i dont have a multimeter. Ill try to get one tomorrow and check. Im sure my voltage isnt too low, possibly around 10-11ish...how much of a difference in watts or volume can 14.4 volts vs. 10.5 volts be?

10 is bad, get yourself a dmm and check it out. That dmm will become your best friend, a $15 meter from any hardware store will be fine.

its probly not 10, im just taking a guess...and i will get the multimeter if i can and let u guys know. sorry for being such a noob, but where do i touch the needles to measure?

Nop, i dont have a multimeter. Ill try to get one tomorrow and check. Im sure my voltage isnt too low, possibly around 10-11ish...how much of a difference in watts or volume can 14.4 volts vs. 10.5 volts be?

Your amplifier's terminals are internally bridged, no need to bridge further.

In order to make 1200 watts at 10 volts, you need 120 amps of current, since your amplifier is not 100% efficient (more like 80%), you need 150 amps to make 1200 watts. It takes power to make power.

Might want to look at getting an upgraded alternator and upgrading all your wiring. You got to figure that your alternator has to work everything else in your car also.

Might want to look at getting an upgraded alternator and upgrading all your wiring. You got to figure that your alternator has to work everything else in your car also.

for 1200 watts ? Maybe a second battery or a better on under the hood, but the HO alt seems a little overkill ?!

Let him play with the DMM first. And we'll know !

Your amplifier's terminals are internally bridged, no need to bridge further.

In order to make 1200 watts at 10 volts, you need 120 amps of current, since your amplifier is not 100% efficient (more like 80%), you need 150 amps to make 1200 watts. It takes power to make power.

But I read on the interwebz that if you wire using the far right negative and far left positive your amp will be 100% efficient and will give you more deebeez! :lol:

J/K

x2 on what Duran said