edouble101

Pennsylvania teams/competing

I live in the Poconos, PA. Next year (my build better be done then!!!!) I would love to make it out to a few competitions. Nothing serious, just for fun. I never heard of any comps or teams in NEPA. Does anybody know of any?

Anybody here live in PA?

Back in the early 90"s we had a team and held several local comps over he years, but as we aged and went seperate ways the audio died off.

With that I am up for meeting up and meeting others.

I also remember back in the day there were shops and meets everywhere, now nothing.

Lock Haven isnt too far from me.

Locally we had One Stop Audio, Maliza's, The Stereo Shop, and Paul and Tony's. We also traveled up to Erie to PJ's Autosound and made 2 trips SBN.

In my home town, Lancaster, there was Town of Sound (York), WeeBee Audio and GNT Stereo. All closed up but WeeBee which is much more home audio related now.

If nothing else maybe by next year we can get a group together to meet at one of the Carlisle events.

Been to both of those shops a few years back. I spent a good amout of time at That pet place over the years which is very close to those shops.

We go to Carlisle every year, just not the tuner show which is when the audio goes on.

Lol very cool. That Pet Place has been around forever. GNT was literlly right beside it when they were at there last location but that was a high end home audio install shop.

GNT was initially a JL Audio shop, Town of Sound was Lanzar and WeeBee was Kicker. They were the big names back then. Lol all winning systems had a mix of Alpine hu, Audiocontrol eq's, PPI amps, JL subs and MB Quart high/mids. Which I could buy all within 10miles of my house........how times have changed.

I am anxious to see if anybody else checks into this thread. It would be nice to meet up with some audio addicts, now a days they are far and few ;)

My son(TiLL_iT_HeRTZ on here) and I are from Lebanon, PA. Our systems should be completed by next spring. Mine should be all but done this fall(waiting on my Sundown SD10's and DC alt.) but his rx8 is a ways off(needs all the audio installed and the LS1 swap completed) plus he is in Afghanistan with the National Guard till next July. I know he wants to try competeing and will probably drag me along lol. Definitely up for a meet sometime.

Two shops local here(smaller town). Both never heard of Sundown and call it "flea market" junk and refuse to listen to it. I bought stuff back in the day from all the shops in Lancaster that you mentioned.

My son(TiLL_iT_HeRTZ on here) and I are from Lebanon, PA. Our systems should be completed by next spring. Mine should be all but done this fall(waiting on my Sundown SD10's and DC alt.) but his rx8 is a ways off(needs all the audio installed and the LS1 swap completed) plus he is in Afghanistan with the National Guard till next July. I know he wants to try competeing and will probably drag me along lol. Definitely up for a meet sometime.

Two shops local here(smaller town). Both never heard of Sundown and call it "flea market" junk and refuse to listen to it. I bought stuff back in the day from all the shops in Lancaster that you mentioned.

Thanks for checking in gps69. More people we can get involved tne better!

I know what you are saying about the "flea market" products. Nobody up here knows what they are missing out on. Funny huh?

I can not wait to see the RX-8 with the LS1!!!

All my family lives in Lancaster, I travel down there often. Lebanon is only a stone throw away. So far Carlisle might me a good location for us all to plan a meet.

Hmmm... I'm in Jersey.... I might wanna see some people... :eek5wavey: :eek5wavey: :eek5wavey:

Hey hey hey. I'm in Philly. I haven't heard about anything car-audio related here in philly in a while.

i'll keep my ears peeled and let you know if anything is happening.

It would be nice to meet up with people that love the caraudio..lol

I should have something installed soon. lol

Hmmm... I'm in Jersey.... I might wanna see some people... :eek5wavey: :eek5wavey: :eek5wavey:

Hey hey hey. I'm in Philly. I haven't heard about anything car-audio related here in philly in a while.

i'll keep my ears peeled and let you know if anything is happening.

It would be nice to meet up with people that love the caraudio..lol

I should have something installed soon. lol

:eek5wavey::gayhaaay1:

I'm originally from erie, livin in Pittsburgh now, I'd love to meet up with some more car audio ppl, my sa 8s will b in tomoro just gotta figure out what amp to put on em.

Thanks for checking in gps69. More people we can get involved tne better!

I know what you are saying about the "flea market" products. Nobody up here knows what they are missing out on. Funny huh?

I can not wait to see the RX-8 with the LS1!!!

All my family lives in Lancaster, I travel down there often. Lebanon is only a stone throw away. So far Carlisle might me a good location for us all to plan a meet.

Once I get my system ready I'll be up for a meeting. Waiting on the subs and the alt. Then I'll get to it. Son should be home on leave in mid to late October. Subs should be here by then so he'll help install that. He would be up for a get together too.

The LS1 swap should be very nice. Will be getting that done around January. Also getting new heads and a cam vefore the install. Have a Paxtron supercharger sitting here now waiting for the swap. Should be around 650-700whp(that's what the engine did ion the Corvette it was in before we bought the SC for the swap) in a 3000lb car. Wonder how that swap will go over at the import shows he goes too?????

I did 2 shows last season and plan on hosting 3-5 next season for MECA in the York Pa area. Both were VERY light in SPL competitors, to the point where I was only going to do SQ for next year, if there is enough interest I will do both SPL and SQ. I'll keep everyone informed.

I did 2 shows last season and plan on hosting 3-5 next season for MECA in the York Pa area. Both were VERY light in SPL competitors, to the point where I was only going to do SQ for next year, if there is enough interest I will do both SPL and SQ. I'll keep everyone informed.

Super.

Keep me posted, for sure. I have a little daily setup in my car now but hopefully by mid 2012 I will be finished installing a little something more.

Come next spring I'll be able to bring 3-4 cars. Should have them done by then.

3-4 cars? I have been trying to finish 1 for well over a year...

3-4 cars? I have been trying to finish 1 for well over a year...

Yep. Did the wifes Escape this summer. Came out great. Sub and amps are almost completely hidden in the hatch. Double din head unit with Vifa tweets and Dayton mids. Waiting on my Sundown SD-10s and then I can finish my sport trac. Starting the kids rx8 this week. Hope to get that done before he gets back from Afghanistan next June. Did a smaller watt system in my brothers 4runner. He just needs his new sub and then his will be done.

Originally from the NY/PA border. A small 'city' called Olean.

I'll be home in a few mths from AZ

J

First show of the new year is scheduled and ready to go!!!!

IASCA Bassboxing and a new format that is MUSIC ONLY Classes!!

Team Deadly Hertz Presents New Years Blowout!!!!

When: Sunday 1/22 11-5

Where: Custom Color Auto Body Express

1793 Whiteford Road

York Pa

:dancing:

Anybody going?

Shyt, 3hr ride.... Not sure about that one... I've almost got everything going good in my car too.. Need to upgrade rear battery and front stage ... would be nice though...