rysc86

painting subwoofer basket

I thought about painting the basket on my subwoofer. I wonder would preventing the paint to get through the vent windows on the bottom of the basket be a issue when painting the basket of a speaker that is still working. I figured i ask before i try and if it would be bad i would just paint the basket on the avalanche i need to recone.

Is there a reason for wanting to paint the basket? Usually the basket is hidden inside the box which wouldnt never get seen anyways unless you have it reveresed but i still wouldnt risk it on a subwoofer you dont want to damage

If it needs to be re-coned, disassemble and do it the right way.

Is there a reason for wanting to paint the basket? Usually the basket is hidden inside the box which wouldnt never get seen anyways unless you have it reveresed but i still wouldnt risk it on a subwoofer you dont want to damage

I think the reason is he wants a different color. I would have mine painted ina heart beat if it wasn't as hard as it is to remove my subs.

sub enclosure has a plexi window so it would be seen when trunk is popped. I might go for it on the BL, just a lot off shit that needs to be taped off. I know i'm going to paint my ava since it needs a recone anyway.