Second Skin Rep Jon

Team Second Skin - Looking For Members!

That is right, Second Skin Audio is looking for four individuals to become part of Team Second Skin and aid us in our quest for world domination!

The contest starts today, so please read and understand all of the rules, it'll make your and our lives that much easier.

This contest is posted on several forums, so please only one entry per person. If you frequent another forum more often, I would suggest entering over there instead.

The contest consists of three rounds.

Round 1: Initial entry

Round 2: Member voting

Round 3: Final selection

RULES

Round One:

To enter for your chance to become part of Team Second Skin, please post a video showing off your build(s), awards/trophies, whatever you think best showcases your ride, your skill level, and yourself. We're looking for the complete package. If your attitude stinks, we don't want ya.

Those who don't have access to a video camera can still enter, just post a hell of a lot of pictures, a little bit about yourself, and why you think you should be part of Team Second Skin.

Entries must be posted within 30 days of this thread being started.

Round Two:

After 30 days of collecting entries, those who have followed the rules from Round One will be gathered up and a new thread started listing all of the entries. The members of the forum will then vote on who they would like to see at meets, competitions, and to be part of Team Second Skin.

Voting will last for 14 days after this thread has been started.

Round Three:

After 14 days of members voting, we will take the winner of Round Two and enter them with the winners from the other forums where this contest is being held.

Out of all of the winners from Round Two, Second Skin Audio will choose at least four to become part of Team Second Skin.

Winners will be notified via PM. A winners list will also be posted on each forum where this contest is being held.

EXPECTATIONS

Members of Team Second Skin will be required to abide by the following.

- A "Team Second Skin" decal must be installed on the front and rear windows of your vehicle. Size of the decal will range depending on the size of your windshield/rear window. A smaller "Second Skin Audio" decal must be placed on both driver and passenger sides of the vehicle. So a total of four decals must be placed on the vehicle, one on the windshield, one on the rear window, one of the passenger's side (location at your discretion), and one on the driver's side (again the location at your discretion). All of these decals will be provided to you at no cost.

Second Skin themed paint jobs are optional and must be approved by us. Of course you would have to pay for this yourself.

- You are required to hit at least four big shows each year in whichever organization you are competing in.

- You must check in and post your results with pictures and or video after you've competed, within a timely manner.

- Please try to hit events with your teammates as often as possible. Of course this isn't always doable because of location or the fact that you might be in two separate events, but you should at least try to support your fellow teammates.

PERKS

Of course there are perks for being part of Team Second Skin!

- 50% off everything Second Skin Audio has to offer.

- Decals and other promotional items. These will be sent out periodically.

- First in line to receive and test new products.

- Street cred.

- And any other stuff we can think of.

THE FINE PRINT 

Second Skin Audio reserves the right to terminate this contest at any point and time.

Second Skin Audio also reserves the right to boot any team member that is unable to abide to the EXPECTATIONS set forth or if they do not conduct themselves to our high standards. If we get reports or see first hand that you are being an ass or a jerk, we can and will remove you from the team without warning.

This "Team Second Skin" is new and completely separate from any previously formed team sponsored by Second Skin Audio. The team that was created by the previous owner is no longer the official team.

If anyone has any questions, please email Ken, Max, or myself to prevent cluttering up this thread.

Let The Contest Begin, Round One!

Now that all of the rules are out of the way, lets get this baby rolling!

To enter please post in the following format.

Organization in which you are or will be competing in: i.e. USACi

Comp vehicle: i.e. 1984 VW Rabbit Cabriolet 

Current setup: i.e. Two 18" DC Lvl 4 XL, etc.

Why you should be part of the team: i.e. Post video(s), pictures, and whatever you think best showcases you and you're ride.

Good luck to everyone!

Now lets get it on!

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

4 decals is ALOT. .. and for guys with daily drivers that already on other peoples teams that makes alot of clutter,....

does it have to be 4?

oh and do we just post here or email to enter?

Street cred? For using your sound deadener?

I need some of that

If I didn't have to put a decal on my front windshield id be interested...

Been to all the meca events in tucson and Phx, can do legal 147s, once dc power is done with the alt ill break 150.

Hmmm. I've met ken before? :P

Im nice.

Perhaps ill post a video later.

4 decals is ALOT. .. and for guys with daily drivers that already on other peoples teams that makes alot of clutter,....

does it have to be 4?

oh and do we just post here or email to enter?

We're flexible on the decals. We'd like to have at least one on the front or rear window.

Organization USaCi

Comp vehicle: i.e. 2006 Lincoln town car

Current setup:

pioneer FH-P8000BT

4 optima G31

1 oribit cell under hood

big three

2 run's 0 gauge+

2 2/0 ground.

2way active front stage

2 Bohlender Graebener Neo3-PDRW tweeters

2 sundown neo pro 8's in the doors,

1 sundown sax-100.4

1 sundown saz-4500d

2 15 sundown nightshades V2 custom pieces

Why you should be part of the team, i demo as much as i can to anyone, I explain my set up to anyone who demos, i also hold local SPL comps, SSA meets.. i also show every one localy how and where they can get anything that they hear or see inside my car after they hear it.

i also have experience with being sponsored, and all it in-tails and currently on TEAM SUNDOWN and have been every year for the past 4 years.

i have also used alot of other brands, and can tell people about the differences .. .anyhow

there are alot of reasons.. but i feel foolish going on about my self.

2011-06-17_15-32-20_778.jpg

2011-08-04_16-54-18_843.jpg

2011-06-30_14-12-41_540.jpg

2011-08-04_16-56-22_459.jpg

2011-08-04_16-56-56_249.jpg

and i grow my own jalapenos :ehh:

2011-08-04_16-57-27_538.jpg

Organization USaCi

Comp vehicle: i.e. 2006 Lincoln town car

Current setup:

pioneer FH-P8000BT

4 optima G31

1 oribit cell under hood

big three

2 run's 0 gauge+

2 2/0 ground.

2way active front stage

2 Bohlender Graebener Neo3-PDRW tweeters

2 sundown neo pro 8's in the doors,

1 sundown sax-100.4

1 sundown saz-4500d

2 15 sundown nightshades V2 custom pieces

Why you should be part of the team, i demo as much as i can to anyone, I explain my set up to anyone who demos, i also hold local SPL comps, SSA meets.. i also show every one localy how and where they can get anything that they hear or see inside my car after they hear it.

i also have experience with being sponsored, and all it in-tails and currently on TEAM SUNDOWN and have been every year for the past 4 years.

i have also used alot of other brands, and can tell people about the differences .. .anyhow

there are alot of reasons.. but i feel foolish going on about my self.

2011-06-17_15-32-20_778.jpg

2011-08-04_16-54-18_843.jpg

2011-06-30_14-12-41_540.jpg

2011-08-04_16-56-22_459.jpg

2011-08-04_16-56-56_249.jpg

and i grow my own jalapenos :ehh:

jalapenos? :attempt:

You want forum members to pick who is on your team? :ughdunno:

I think the team should ask people to join the team, at least that's how it is when I go to truck/car shows.

I think the team should ask people to join the team, at least that's how it is when I go to truck/car shows.

The team as it stands is small, so doing this contest will give everyone across the country a fair chance to become part of the team.

Of course we have final say and we may invite some people onboard just because. But allowing the forum members (your peers) vote on who they would like to see at these meets and competitions helps give us a good a bit more info about the individual. Obviously if the person is an asshat none of their peers will vote them through.

The team as it stands is small, so doing this contest will give everyone across the country a fair chance to become part of the team.

Of course we have final say and we may invite some people onboard just because. But allowing the forum members (your peers) vote on who they would like to see at these meets and competitions helps give us a good a bit more info about the individual. Obviously if the person is an asshat none of their peers will vote them through.

Every team starts out small, and if the people were hand picked by the team members it'd make that individual feel like he's actually apart of the team.

I guess it boils down to what you want out of the team.. a bunch of walking/driving billboards to promote your company or an actual team that gets together and helps each other out.

As easy as it is to join a team when it comes to things like this make me laugh. If I were to start a team, lets say for customs trucks.. I would go to shows and appreciate the work and time the fabricator has put into his/her truck and go on about how I would like them to join to my team. I wouldn't go on stage before awards are givin' out and ask the people at the show who they would like to see on my team.

Don't take this the wrong way, make the team how you'd like it to be made.. after all, it is your team.

Remember this . . . a company creating a team is a BUSINESS decision. If the idea of a billboard is disappointing to you then being sponsored by a company isn't your way to go. They don't want to just give you discounted/free stuff and not get anything in return. They want people who can represent their company and create new customers. With that being said I will post my "application" in here soon :D

Edit:

Its opportunities like this that allow people without a much experience to break into sponsorships! Like myself. I am a noob after all :P

Edited by Pyrophoric

Every team starts out small, and if the people were hand picked by the team members it'd make that individual feel like he's actually apart of the team.

I guess it boils down to what you want out of the team.. a bunch of walking/driving billboards to promote your company or an actual team that gets together and helps each other out.

As easy as it is to join a team when it comes to things like this make me laugh. If I were to start a team, lets say for customs trucks.. I would go to shows and appreciate the work and time the fabricator has put into his/her truck and go on about how I would like them to join to my team. I wouldn't go on stage before awards are givin' out and ask the people at the show who they would like to see on my team.

Don't take this the wrong way, make the team how you'd like it to be made.. after all, it is your team.

i agree to some point but having individual team members pick might work more for a local type deal. I think the goal od second skin is to get some outside advice on who should be picked not necessarily the forum poll is the end all result. A good example of this in action is when nasa had a poll to name the new space station node. The poll was to vote on a number of prechoosen names nasa had set forth or to submit your own name. The final result of the poll was the winner was a user submitted "colbert" (steven colbert got his viewers to vote his name). The vote wasn't even close it colbert was ahead by alot. But nasa said thats stupid and choose the top voted nasa name (as can be expected)

Im sure if someone doesnt fit the bill for what second skin wants then they wont be part of the team regardless of how many people vote for them. BUT having an ear on the ground for what a wide range of people, and more importantly potential customers, are looking for is never a bad thing.

Thank you to those who have already entered, we appreciate it. Keep those entries coming!

Organization in which you are or will be competing in: USACi

Comp vehicle: 2007 Chevrolet Silverado

Current setup: *under construction* (3) SSA ZCON 15s half wall

Why you should be part of the team:

I can and will do my best to represent Second Skin in my area. I have a positive attitude and a strong determination to be the best! I will soon be competing again (best to get second skin in my ride with my build in progress). I plan to attend all USACi shows in my area. That includes Scrapin the Coast, Siknic, and world finals when available. I also will start hitting Texas shows once my build is complete. 327k Upload views on my youtube. www.youtube.com/cfmetal16. Soon to be adding install videos once I get started.

Competing truck:

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

284433_174157229323321_100001871352803_395802_4529562_n.jpg

Past Builds:

2000 F250

(3) Team DB Drive 15s

(3) Team DB Drive 600.1s

MonMar08074256AmericaChicago2010.jpg

picsay-IMG956807.jpg

2010-07-13180637.jpg

http://youtu.be/zV3MvL775z8

http://youtu.be/SlQWkbcY9Ss

2000 Silverado

(2) DC LVL 4 18s with Kicker ZX2500

(2) Kicker L7 15s with Kicker ZX2500

SNB11316.jpg

l_407411f66bccd083b30e081f352d8731.jpg

http://youtu.be/cMVhReJ-qoo

http://youtu.be/CkGag5F2kIw

Edited by Pyrophoric

Organization in which you are or will be competing in: meca

Comp vehicle: 2002 volvo v40

Current setup:

front stage

---------------

vibe air 6.5" comp set

vibe litebox 2 channel amp

bass

------

2 15" ssa xcons

1 saz3000D

electrical

------------

extra xspower d1200 in the rear.

dc alt being made.

Currently in the process of fiberglassing my doors, replacing my 6.5" comp set to a few full range 3" aura sound drivers. Replacing tweeters in front dash to some hertz.

Few pics:

ipad2.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

outsiderear.JPG

headon.JPG

Few vids:

Why you should be part of the team:

I've done a lot to my car, but it'll never be complete. I'm always changing setups and tweaking settings to get a better well rounded system. The best I've managed in meca in spl is a 146.7 @ 40hz. This year I plan on breaking 150 and focusing on a better front stage for sq (turning bass way way down). I'm pretty active on ssa, I try to help people as much as I can, whenever I can. I'm not perfect, not a know it all, but I do my best to learn and inform others. I live in Tucson, AZ, about 15 minutes away from the SS warehouse :P

Pretty much any car audio show in the southern az region I attend. I give a fair amount of demos here and there, often times talking about the xcons and how damn good they sound, I'm sure people would also like to know what sound deadener I use, and how to use it (cld for panel resonance, mlv for sound deadening, ccf for panel decoupling).

I currently have no sound deadener in my vehicle, and I believe a SS sticker would look good with all the others on my rear / side window. :P

Organization in which you are or will be competing in: DB Drag/Iasca

Comp vehicle: 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE

Current setup: h/u - pioneer 3100 dvd

front doors - 2 sets Hertz hsk xl 165's. 1 set spl show 8".

mids/highs power - Hertz ep4-x

subs - 4 Hertz spl show 15"s

sub amp - DD z-se #22

deadener - stinger roadkill

Why you should be part of the team: I am a competitor through and through. I'm constantly working/updating/planning bigger and better things. i love to show off my ride, and am currently the go to guy in my city for all things audio. In the past 2 years I have gone from a single 15" in the trunk, to placing second in the world in my bass race class. Last year I won Florida state finals/southeastern regionals. I've proven my abilities, and am hungry for more. I have a lot of plans, and would be more than happy to put second skin in, and on my car. Below are my competitor stats, and some videos/pics. Thanks for looking!

http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=79589&Season=2011&Method=202

http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=79589&Season=2011&Method=212

DSC00906.jpg

squattttin.jpg

deadbackseat.jpg

roadkillwires.jpg

backwallbrace.jpg

conversation.jpg

does the system have to be complete?

for example, i will be doing 4 ssa zcons off of 4 saz3ks... but i will start after i get my new Daily Driver running. :peepwall:

just wondering. maybe i missed it in the rules. :eek5wavey:

for example, i will be doing 4 ssa zcons off of 4 saz3ks... but i will start after i get my new Daily Driver running. :peepwall:

Will you be competing, going to comps, events, shows, etc.?

Will you be competing, going to comps, events, shows, etc.?

yes i will. it will be my first time competeing... so im still not all to familiar with the different sections of competeing. but i WILL be competing. just have to figure out which class. :)

yes i will. it will be my first time competeing... so im still not all to familiar with the different sections of competeing. but i WILL be competing. just have to figure out which class. :)

Enter away! :fing34: