Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

how hot do HID ballest get?

my car is kinda jacked up to put HID's in.. my head lights are huge and have bolted on covers to access bulbs for changing.. but you must remove the entire light structure and there is a1 huge block plug for all the wires.. confusing i know.

i was going to drill holes for my wires and mount my ballast outside and what not..

but i was talking to a guy on youtube and he said he mounted his ballets inside the headlight structure ... there is room.. but my thoughts were how hot do the ballast get?

i have never touched them to find out..

i have the small ones,. made by Xentec

I think you would have to ask the company who makes them exactly what they are rated to run at. From my understanding different ballast can range from running at ambient temperatures all the way up to 165C.

Did you get projectors or just a bulb/ballast setup?

If those are the cheap ebay hids dont mount them anywhere you cant get to easy.. I had a set when I was trying to be cheap and they only lasted a month, and they where not the K I ordered.. They where only bright the first week

yeah i installed them in a bad place.; i need to change them up.

where in texas are you ?

Just moved out to Houston a few weeks ago for a new job. You?

san marcos.. just south of austin.. just north of san antonio...

where did you move from???

SSA has a buncha members in H town.. and all over texas... infact a member from Houston is headed this way as we speak to chill and pick up a gas tank

Cool. Moved from Atlanta. I like to see people who are interested in the same things I am & love to see others setups & installs. Every person is unique

Actually have a question. How do the SA's compare to the nightshades spl wise? Thinking about doing something louder

i have not done a side by side comparison. but they are way different subs... looking at your forsale topic it looks like you have a merc or a vic... is that so??

i injoy meeting people with same intrest aswell.. infact steve mead on here, was here last night chillin hes in houston like i told you ... on october 8th im having a SPL event here in san marcos.. i know hes coming.. you should to!!