cheese20323

Help On New Speakers!

So as most of may know the car that is crashed does not have the speakers or amp....so imma buy these things. for the rear imma go with 6.5 coax's and in the front imma go with components but the hard thing i am finding is which ones i am on a 150 dolllar budget on speakers. I found these 3 way speakers but i dont know if these are better or worse than the regular 2 way ones. If i go to 2 way imma go RE Audio Components not the xxX i have had them before and i liked them. I can get all 4 speakers for 150 and 100 for the XT800.4 amp from RE /US amps i had this setup before but now im just trying to figure out if the 3 ways are better or what? Or maybe you guys have better speakers for me. Imma most like be running 2 AQ SDC 2.5's or 2 RE Audio SX's. Both onl like 1500rms...thanks for any help....

3 Way:

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/6.5-and-6.75-Car-Speakers/PAIR-NEW-O2-OXYGEN-AIR-63-3-WAY-6.5-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS/AIR.63.aspx

Another:

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/6.5-and-6.75-Car-Speakers/PAIR-DB-DRIVE-PT6.23-3-WAY-6.5-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS/PT6.23.aspx

2 Way:

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Audio-And-Video/NEW-RE-AUDIO-RE6.5C-6.5-COMPONENT-CAR-SPEAKERS-6-1-2/RE6.5C.aspx

Another:

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/6.5-and-6.75-Car-Speakers/ALPINE-SPR-60C-6.5-COMPONENT-2-WAY-CAR-SPEAKERS/SPR-60C.aspx

save the money you would spend on rear speakers and put it towards nicer fronts.

save the money you would spend on rear speakers and put it towards nicer fronts.

i need all 4 new i dont have no speakers at all so i cant keep stocks or anything.....

Dont run rears you don't need them. Yes if you have people in the back seat they will be able to hear them. If you are interested I have a Bravox 3way set.

Dont run rears you don't need them. Yes if you have people in the back seat they will be able to hear them. If you are interested I have a Bravox 3way set.

^^^ :drink40:

oh i need rears they make your speakers sound complete. And what do you mean if interested like to buy or like you have them and running them?

oh i need rears they make your speakers sound complete. And what do you mean if interested like to buy or like you have them and running them?

No actually they just fuck everything up. Best thing you can ever do in any sound system is yank the rears. I MLV'd right over them in my truck and am happy like hell that I did. Really a HUGE waste of money in particular if you are on a budget.

I think atleast some cheapos because you need some sound back there not just jogging the front for yourself...lol. so what are opinions on 3 ways?

I have the bravoxs for sale if you are interested

Hifonics zues is a good budget 6.5 component

And seriously no rears. You will be thankful when you do it. Just eliminating them makes your sound that much better.

I think atleast some cheapos because you need some sound back there not just jogging the front for yourself...lol. so what are opinions on 3 ways?

Im with you, I will always have rears in all my vehicles unless I drive a 2 seater. Its a personal preference and some arent worried about the best sound out there in the world, if he wants rears then help him finding some. Picking speakers will be hard without hearing them honestly, if you liked the RE's you had in the past then I would stick with them since you know how they sound/perform. Just my .02

Im with you, I will always have rears in all my vehicles unless I drive a 2 seater. Its a personal preference and some arent worried about the best sound out there in the world, if he wants rears then help him finding some. Picking speakers will be hard without hearing them honestly, if you liked the RE's you had in the past then I would stick with them since you know how they sound/perform. Just my .02

A good set of speakers in the front is all you need and all you will want. The rear(passengers) will be able to hear the music just fine, a good front stage won't jog any of the sound.

If you want to waste money on rear speakers get the prettiest ones.

Everyone who feels that way hasn't heard a properly setup front only system. Obviously absurd processing aside. Personally I'd never recommend a 3 way passive set. Car audio passives already have too many compromises, the last thing you need to do is add another factor that requires even more compromises.

Everyone who feels that way hasn't heard a properly setup front only system. Obviously absurd processing aside. Personally I'd never recommend a 3 way passive set. Car audio passives already have too many compromises, the last thing you need to do is add another factor that requires even more compromises.

I can try them out with the fronts only see if I like it. The res were good but I know theres better and I feel I can steop it up I think the alpines are good....atanother forum tgeres some hertz hsks and I havent heard bad reviews on those...sorry for the spelling im on my phone

A good set of speakers in the front is all you need and all you will want. The rear(passengers) will be able to hear the music just fine, a good front stage won't jog any of the sound.

Maybe for you and a lot of others on the forum but not me, it is what it is. I have heard a properly set up Audison Voce 3-way setup up front and still wanted some rears, just my take. They sounded fantastic just not what Im after. If I wanted to win an SQ competition then maybe but some people prefer rears regardless if you say you cant hear them or you say they will mess up the sound. Im not arguing with you just letting you know my opinion versus yours.

Maybe for you and a lot of others on the forum but not me, it is what it is. I have heard a properly set up Audison Voce 3-way setup up front and still wanted some rears, just my take. They sounded fantastic just not what Im after. If I wanted to win an SQ competition then maybe but some people prefer rears regardless if you say you cant hear them or you say they will mess up the sound. Im not arguing with you just letting you know my opinion versus yours.

/\This!

You can't say "if you want rears your front stage isn't strong enough," as if it's a fact. You can't say "go to a concert and there's no rears, so your car shouldn't have them either." Some people like to have rears. Forget their reasoning, that doesn't really matter. What matters is that he could have a stellar front stage but if you add in some decent rears he would be happier.

*waits for people to explain how rears make the sounds worse and how he could put the money towards better fronts*

Well if that's truly how he feels I do honestly suggest he goes to wherever he can find some cheap coaxials and drop them in. There's no point spending serious money on your front stage simply to add speakers to the rear to completely nullify the front.

Also, if you have subs in your trunk that move any amount of air you're going to have to build boxes around your speakers in your rear deck, the added pressure WILL rip the cones right out.

/\This!

You can't say "if you want rears your front stage isn't strong enough," as if it's a fact. You can't say "go to a concert and there's no rears, so your car shouldn't have them either." Some people like to have rears. Forget their reasoning, that doesn't really matter. What matters is that he could have a stellar front stage but if you add in some decent rears he would be happier.

*waits for people to explain how rears make the sounds worse and how he could put the money towards better fronts*

People always tell me that premium fuel doesn't give me more HP in my civic either, i don't listen to those haters, I can feel the power in my pants.

*waits for someone to catch my sarcasm

Im not speaking on rear deck speakers, Im speaking on rear door speakers. Sorry for the confusion but yeah I wouldnt put any speakers in the rear deck.

I disconnected my rears and totally not missing anything... but if you want them, go low end....

Im not speaking on rear deck speakers, Im speaking on rear door speakers. Sorry for the confusion but yeah I wouldnt put any speakers in the rear deck.

hmmm interesting, is it bad to put speakers in the rear deck? my rears are in the rear deck and id like to replace the stocks but now im not too sure, whats the reason for this

hmmm interesting, is it bad to put speakers in the rear deck? my rears are in the rear deck and id like to replace the stocks but now im not too sure, whats the reason for this

They will get damaged by all that bass in the trunk if you have an average or past average system, unless you build an enclosure for them like vladd stated.

If you're talking about the car in your avatar it's completely pointless to have speaker in the rear deck. The subs are going to tear the little cones up, as previously stated. There is a lot of pressure back there to compete with. I would take them out.