Im in the market for headphones and i would like to keep it under $150. I am mostly going to use them along with my POD UX1 guitar recording module. I want them to be clear and be able to reproduce a high gain electrified sound. I play mostly metal, (LOG, Sylosis, shadows fall etc..) and would like for them to shine in this genre when im playing it and when im just listening to it.

thanks guys

Edited by trod2902

earbuds or over the ear ? i have Bose earbuds i would sell :) and they are AWESOME!

Id like over the ear, but im not sure of the advantages/disadvantages, it just seems as if they would sound fuller.

I was checking out DJ headphones, but id like some advice as im completely clueless lol

Id like them to eliminate ambient noise as much as possible also.

Edited by trod2902

Sennheiser makes some awesome headphones, check them out I know you can find something that will fit your budget and blow your mind

Sennheiser makes some awesome headphones, check them out I know you can find something that will fit your budget and blow your mind

Im liking the senheisers, this one catches my attention

My link

Astro A40's would get my vote!

I accidentally stole those 150$ bose before, and, they aren't' worth it at all. cheap plastic and avg. sound quality IMHO. The Seinheiser 550 and up are really nice though :)

I think ill make a trip to best buy to listen to a few, but those senheisers look like they might be the one!

Don't do Best Buy, maybe for listening purposes only, but, IMO, I wouldn't go there. I'm not a fan of the 200% markup prices, although you may find a deal sometimes, or if you want the product right there.

Ya i would just like to hear them before i buy, im not necessarily going to buy them there. I looked at those astros but they are for gaming and thats not what im looking for.

Don't do Best Buy, maybe for listening purposes only, but, IMO, I wouldn't go there. I'm not a fan of the 200% markup prices, although you may find a deal sometimes, or if you want the product right there.

Or their extremely rude sales staff (at least at the one here).

Best Buy worker here, and unless you have a store with the Musical Instruments department, its worthless to go there to listen.

I assume you will want them for monitoring type applications. Check out the Sennheiser HD280 or the Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Sony MDR-V6 are also great from what I hear (no pun intended :D). TBH, I havent used any of these, but I do own a pair of the HD 380's.

The astros arent suited well for this application and the skullcandy's are just plain bad.

Read up on Head-fi and look around.

check out head fi. good site.

for ur price M50 are a solid choice. friend has them and they sound great. the bass blend well and the highs aren't over whelming. sound amazing. if u want cheap but In ear. yuin pk3s. I own them and love them.

I rock Grado SR325's.

Best Buy worker here, and unless you have a store with the Musical Instruments department, its worthless to go there to listen.

I assume you will want them for monitoring type applications. Check out the Sennheiser HD280 or the Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Sony MDR-V6 are also great from what I hear (no pun intended :D). TBH, I havent used any of these, but I do own a pair of the HD 380's.

The astros arent suited well for this application and the skullcandy's are just plain bad.

Read up on Head-fi and look around.

Just realized you are in Louisiana, if you are in Baton Rouge, theres nowhere really to try out headphones, I've looked. The Best Buy in Meterie, (on Veterans) has a decent selection of monitoring headphones in the MI department. Lafayette, I do not believe has one, and I haven't been to any of the other stores.

Thanks guys, i was in Lafayette and picked up a pair of yamahas rh5ma, they were only $60 bucks so i was able to pick up a few more things for my guitar as well haha. They sound great to me although i didnt try many out. Im happy with them and as long as i dont hear any higher end models i dont think i will regret this purchase lol.

Edited by trod2902