OPry

New setup ideas

So I am running whats in my sig and hit a 147.4 @ 36hz so far. My subs get hot pretty quickly and my goal is to hit 150. I'm sure I could get better numbers with another box as mine is for daily driving music but I like that. I was thinking of trying a new box just to see the difference for now but I'm also thinking of going with a single sub setup as space is limited in my little ranger. If I were to go with a single sub, I was thinking of something with more power handling like a BTL N3 in 15" or 18". Either way, I would like daily 150's. I am very open to suggestions and recomendations.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. :thanx:

Edited by OPry

How big is your current box? If it's the biggest box you can fit and within a normal range for those 3512's you probably won't have room for an 18" BTL. I don't know if I'd use an N3 for daily. I have heard with the right box design a fairly flat response can be had, but I wouldn't attempt that unless you're pretty confident in your skills as a designer.

My box now is right at 5 cubes before displacement. I can get more by moving my batteries to the bed and the amp under the seats or something so maybe 8 cubes at the most. I've heard the same thing, I plan on doing a lot of research on the topic and will have some help with it too. I just like the N3 the most so far and want something along those lines. Thanks for your input :D

You thought about a 15" with a removable port for daily and spl purposes since it seems like your limited on space.

You thought about a 15" with a removable port for daily and spl purposes since it seems like your limited on space.

That came across my mind before but I have no experience with that and I don't know anybody with it. That would be a lot easier than changing boxes for each if I wanted to go that route. lol

Hmmm, removable port might be something to consider, also do you think you can remove one side of the false floor to gain some volume?

Can you retune your enclosure to 46 - 54 htz and add more amp power and battery power ...

If you don't want to take up more room in your vehicle ... :fing34:

Will lose some musical aspects but will gain SPL ...

Just a suggestion ...

Yeah I was thinking of doing an spl box just for a show coming up. I think a higher tuning would help but I can't really add much more power because i'm well over the rms on these subs already. I could use a new alternator though.

Also, one of my buddies has two DD 91Z 18's but is only using one. I was thinking of buying that for a one sub setup and invert the sub with the magnet over the amps. Thoughts?

I Tried to upload some pics to show what i'm talking about but it wouldn't let me so I'll take some better ones this weekend when I go to trod's and upload them with his account.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TROD!!

And my highs amp is under the false floor so there's not much room to be gained without moving everything.

Edited by OPry