bcst86

need some help/advice

Alright guys im looking for a little help. A guy i work with has a 97 single cab ford ranger is wanting to get a little bass in his truck. there isnt a lot of room behind the passenger seat(havnt had a chance to measure), but what would be a good shallow sub that would work well in a small sealed box? i was looking at the new sundown sd-2 but im not sure how well that would work. any ideas?

THANKS!!!

The only shallow sub I have direct experience with is an Alpine Swrt10. Have it powered off an Sundown 1200d at 4 ohms. Very shallow mount depth. Optimal sealed box is .42^ gross. Sounds really good. Does a good job with all types of music. Does a better job ground pounding than I expected. Putting it in the wifes Escape cause I did go with the SD.2 tens. Gonna put four behind the seat. I honestly considered going with four of the Alpines behind the seat but they just cost so much.

What are his goals, is he just looking for a little low end extension or does he want some big bass out of it?

He isn't looking for big bass at all. He is just wanting to add a little bass. He loved the sound of my dcon but I don't know if if would fit

I would suggest maybe a single 10 or 12 SD2 in a large sealed box, that would probably suit him well and if he ends up wanting more, cut out a hole and stick an aero in there.

The Rockford Fosgate P3S is an option too! Sounds good and gets pretty loud, especially for only throwing ~400 watts at it!

well i talked to him earlier and he is cool with doing a center console box so that should make it a little easier

Edited by bcst86