sundownz

NeoPro-6.5, 8, and 10 Response Graphs

The 6.5" is NOT yet available... just testing the sample.

Very smooth measured response on these... can cross as high as 4-5k for tweeters that don't like much mid-range output.

Measured open baffle -- in a baffle low-end would increase on all of them but you can see the trend as the very deepest bottom end increases as you go up in size and the top-end increases as you go down in size.

NeoPro_All_Response.jpg

:drink40: Waiting on more info on the 6.5s!! Price & power capabilities?

Depends on when I start production (Neo Costs) on price -- the bad news is they won't be cheaper than the 8s or 10s unless Neo falls before I start production.

Cost is way up and we'll have to re-price the 8s and 10s for the second run (good news on those is I got a TON of them when Neo was cheaper so that will be a while).

They are 100 RMS like the 8s.

Depends on when I start production (Neo Costs) on price -- the bad news is they won't be cheaper than the 8s or 10s unless Neo falls before I start production.

Cost is way up and we'll have to re-price the 8s and 10s for the second run (good news on those is I got a TON of them when Neo was cheaper so that will be a while).

They are 100 RMS like the 8s.

I remember you posting about the neo price jump, will be curious to see were the 6.5s come in at for price, may have to jump on some of the 8s from 1st production.

:fing34: Was hoping for that range on power with the 6.5s

The graphs look good. Funny but it looks like the smaller they get the more authority they play down to 63Hz. Below 63Hz they roll off steeper as the drivers get smaller. Looks like mission accomplished for some kicka$$ mid-basses. :fing34:

Forgot to ask. Where these all 1 watt 1 meter test? And now to really get nosey, what were the dimensions of the baffle and the location of the driver on the baffle? These might make for some kickin open baffle drivers for home theater. :P

Edited by onebadmonte

The graphs look good. Funny but it looks like the smaller they get the more authority they play down to 63Hz. Below 63Hz they roll off steeper as the drivers get smaller. Looks like mission accomplished for some kicka$$ mid-basses. :fing34:

Forgot to ask. Where these all 1 watt 1 meter test? And now to really get nosey, what were the dimensions of the baffle and the location of the driver on the baffle? These might make for some kickin open baffle drivers for home theater. :P

Add a baffle/enclosure and the lower end of the curve will fatten up with diameter.

Power is not necessarily identical between them -- specific power wasn't a concern. It's near-field really close to the cone, though, for reference.

There was no baffle for the test.

I need to get my second pair of 8's before pricing goes up on them, like asked above is this a 1w/1m sensitivity meter test?

like asked above is this a 1w/1m sensitivity meter test?

He answered above. Just consider it a relative test. For frequency response measurements an absolute value isn't necessary and without a seriously calibrated mic and acquisition system (read expensive) calling it that would be inappropriate. I appreciate the fact that even if it is close to that he has chosen to say not a sensitivity test. Either way it would glean not so much extra information anyways considering other drivers only report sensitivity at a single frequency and once you know the relative response and that number you are pretty golden.

And again, he also highlighted that these weren't even on a baffle. Doing a sensitivity test across all frequencies in that configuration won't help anyone. Don't try to read so much into the data, instead look at it objectively and see that the overall output of the drivers is really rather flat and extends low for a higher sensitivity driver. Of course that was part of the design mantra, but its nice to see it measured out.

Makes sense and I appreciate you for dumbing it down for me.

No worries, just wanted to make sure that no one went after Jacob for not doing a full 1W measurement when its value is dubious :fing34:

Could you throw up some off-axis plots?

Where can I find all the parameters t / s, and specifications of the speaker?

my 8's sound GREAT!!!

my 8's sound GREAT!!!

So do mine, cant wait to grab the second pair soon.

I need urgently the parameters T / S, and some details of the coil

jacob, help me please