alain

Fi vs jl

What would be louder 2 12 btls or 4 jl w6 on 4 k btl will be tuned 2 33hz w6 will be sealed.

He asked louder not better and the only way to know is to build and see. So many factors will come into play. Builder, box, car, power, electrical just to name a few.

Why the w6 if loud is your goal? Seriously comparing apples to oranges. Based on your question no matter the answer the JL's are NOT the right sub for you.

BTL's in a ported enclosure should be louder :ughdunno:

I have a 270xp alt and a mmats hd4000.5 car Is a 03 Subaru impreza

I heard 4 W6s in a trail blazer ss and it was loud. I haven't heard a BTL yet.

Don't listen to people that say JL subs can't get loud, because they're ignorant as fuck.

He asked louder not better and the only way to know is to build and see. So many factors will come into play. Builder, box, car, power, electrical just to name a few.

:Doh: You're right

Reading>Me

OP, clearer goals should be defined if you want better assistance. At any rate, I highly doubt those JL''s are going to suit your needs.

Don't listen to people that say JL subs can't get loud, because they're ignorant as fuck.

might have to take 4 of them compared to 2 btls. jl is more of an sq brand. to op i say go with the btls they are meant for loudness if thats your goal.

My boy as the 4 12 w6 jl and it's loud no douth I'm running the btl just a little worried that 2 12 might not be e noff speaker surface to get louder

I think comparing sealed to ported makes a big difference as well ... so there is NO answer for that... Go with the cheapest route that you can do OPTIMAL installation...

My boy as the 4 12 w6 jl and it's loud no douth I'm running the btl just a little worried that 2 12 might not be e noff speaker surface to get louder

Why the w6 if loud is your goal? Seriously comparing apples to oranges. Based on your question no matter the answer the JL's are NOT the right sub for you.

What he said, but a W6 SEALED?? Maybe if they were ported I would guess they would be louder just because of cone area but if you seal them then....

Just to answer your question, BTL's.

W6's are one of my favorite drivers but fail in your application

The W6 is a fine driver no doubt but if output is the main goal, you would do well to look elsewhere.

also consider wattage and voltage has a big part in being "loud"

quality brands/series has a big part as well.

yea they can get loud buy 4 skar vvx-12's or sa-12's would get louder and take more power for way less money

A W6 can get decently loud. But a BTL is sonething else. Capable of doing 147+db on single 12"!! Trying to get high #'s with sealed box and SQ oriented woofers isnt the best idea..

Btl's would be my choice.

yea they can get loud buy 4 skar vvx-12's or sa-12's would get louder and take more power for way less money

Sort of like comparing a gorgeous blond to a fat chic. The Skar's aren't even close to the same class in ANY respect.

kicker... anything square is better then anything mentioned here. :peepwall:

Agreed.

However, we're talking about 4 12's designed for accuracy, in sealed boxes versus 2 ported BTL's. IMO it's obvious who wins if loudness is the only concern.

Bazooka Triangles

TVB141.jpg;)

But seriously, Sean is right, the W6 while an excellent sub woofer, it is not the right choice for this install based off of the OP's words.

hahahaha so then this baby must get dummy loud

sony.jpg