NDMstang65

The Difference..

That's a great post, thanks for letting us see how it works and what goes on! It's really neat! Looking forward to any updates/more pictures of the process!

Oh shut up Nick! You had me at "Make speakers in the states"

Great post!

As always good read! You da man Nick!!! My SMD is getting louder by the day!!!

I'm always big about trying new speakers, and I even thought about what I should get next... but when I thought about it more and how my money is supporting our own economy, I'll always be rolling with Fi. The BTLs rank within the top subwoofers anyways, so really no need to switch; Plus I love the way they sound.

I concur to this,i have a fi bl and a dc lvl 4, the bl surround overall cone looks and feels mor durable while on the other dc it looks cheaper. Only thing they put like 5 spiders so ppl say its stiff and handles 2x rated.

amazing post Nick... thanks for that... :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

If people can't distinguish between MADE in the USA and ASSEMBLED in the USA then they are complete dumb-asses. Its just sad there are so many dumb-asses out there. I have already commented on how funny it is that Fi has cheaper prices while actually using all USA parts compared to the other companies.

;)

I concur to this,i have a fi bl and a dc lvl 4, the bl surround overall cone looks and feels mor durable while on the other dc it looks cheaper. Only thing they put like 5 spiders so ppl say its stiff and handles 2x rated.

i dont see how...

I own several level4s and their suspension is about as soft as a Sundown SA.

well, i have level5 soft parts in ALL of mine so that wouldnt make a difference...

that's why i was irritated when after i bought mine, they came out with D1s in level4 because prior, you had to get lvl5 parts for a D1 config.

Cool pics man. It's always great to see the action behind the scenes. Thanks for sharing. God bless the U.S.A.

Fi, true American subwoofers. :D (Even though im Canadian) ;) Still awesome!

i dont see how...

I own several level4s and their suspension is about as soft as a Sundown SA.

On the spiders im saying that they say they can add like 3 spiders for more power handling while part of is true but it only increases mechanical not thermal. But on the surrounds part yes the ones on the BL are hard to rip and on the DC i was able to make a lil hole with my fingernail. Tinsel leads to they are unwinding.

This could be a stupid question but does this go for the AA line as well?

:stupid:

Hehe..

Not really a stupid question though...

Awsome, really. You guys do more for the US than you will ever know....

I've had a number of people make comments here recently that there are "Others" that "Make speakers in the states"..and it does not take them anywhere near as long as it does us....

Well..they do drop soft parts in the motors, however all of the motors are machined and pre-built (sometimes even pre magnetized) in China..and they get Chinese soft parts dropped into them with an American coil. There are no worth while viable options that can be put in here or any way of giving you a choice to have things how they should be for your installation. If you do not need a dual magneto setup for your top fuel funny car, but just a regular single pro mag..then only pay for the regular pro mag, you do not need the extra spark.

But..that is not Made in America. That's assembled here, with imported parts.

Bottom line, all of our steel is forged right here in the states, all of the steel poles are cut out of bar stock, all of our plates are finish machined here. The big thing about this is that it is all done in house. We do not have to deal with the inflexibility of hiring a 3rd party machine shop that does not know speakers and what needs to happen with certain parts and why things are machined and done certain ways. Nobody else has the flexibility of changing things on the turn of a dime if something messes up.

So, let's say you place an order with us. First thing that happens We cut the pole down..it gets machined to the correct OD, drilled, tapped, then into the CNC's for final machining of the cooling technology that we use. All of the back plates/top plates are machined, coated, and baked to your order.

294891_807924945083_31207891_39098165_418948_n.jpg

Knocking off poles out of the bar stock is the first step. After this it gets chucked into one of the big lathes to turn down the OD, then they are all drilled and tapped. After that they get chucked up into the CNC to have all of the machine work done if you get the cooling option or the pole chamfer option. Again, we have the flexibility and ability to give you exactly what you need for your install..instead of making you pay for something that you do not really need.

294971_807925134703_31207891_39098168_2324091_n.jpg

This is a stack of Q series back plates that have had their final turn on the lathe to clean up everything before they get tumbled, coated, and baked.

293786_807925204563_31207891_39098169_2176458_n.jpg

Finished N3 series woofer top plate after being machined, coated, baked and prepped.

291888_807932959023_31207891_39098347_3361225_n.jpg

I will update this thread as I am able to with more pictures of what goes on.

I leave you all with something to think about, we do all of this work ourselves..in house.. machine and build everything to order...and we're still cheaper using all American parts then most of the others in the market. (aside from the 10,12, and 15" 12 spoke basket, that is imported because it makes sense)

Take a step back and ask yourself where your money is really going when you go to spend it next time! Odds are..it is outside of our local economy.

Nick I wouldn't worry bout people complaining bout the time it takes you guys to build woofer....your work speaks for itself... this coming from a very satisfied customer.. keep doing what u doing!!! it is very so much appreciated .

Very nice thread. Showing the true value customers are getting. Nice work.