Sign in to follow this  
Micksh

Anyone from Ohio area want to Tweak and Test your system this weekend?

Hey guys, re-posting this in a different section to see if anyone is interested...

Hey there everyone....I have a few friends who do a little free "tweak and test" thing for SPL every couple weeks. The next one is Saturday, August 20th (weather permitting of course.) It will be from 4pm-9pm at the Brunswick car show. The city holds a car show/crusin gig every Saturday at Laurel Square Shopping Center. They have their own space to do test and tune, just look for the EZ-UP tent and some loud cars around it. The address is 1733 Pearl Road, Brunswick Ohio 44212. It's about 18 miles south of Cleveland and about 20 miles north of Akron. Of course its free. They will be having a competition there in the fall where all money paid in to compete gets paid back to the winners. These guys don't do it for the money, just because they love loud cars. These guys and I have built a few IASCA and Db Drag World Record holders in the past, so we love our loud cars. So come on down, they'll have the meter there, and test your car for free! Or, if you just love to hang out and talk stereo, that's cool too. There's usually a bunch of cars to look at for the car show too, so it's fun all around.

By the way, they aren't too bad about it being loud, as long as you aren't playing it with the doors wide open for a long time. So come on out and have fun! I'll try to update the thread when we get close to the date so everyone knows if it will look like the weather is going to let us be there..... Thanks, Mick.

man id love to come. but it would be like a 8hr drive lol.

Hoping some guys closer want to come check it out! We all love to sit around and talk audio...

Nice concept.

In reality, this would actually be better than competing on a local level.

And I would think this would be more fun, cause most people love giving out/receiving demos more than competing.

a

Yeah, thanks..we are all old school guys, so we were always the guys playing our stereos all day and competing in the afternoon...could we have hit a little higher numbers had we kept it closed up and charged? Probably, but we had a whole lot more fun showing it off to the people who hadn't heard a loud vehicle before....

Hope to see some people out there this Saturday, weather is lookin good so far!

Bump for this Saturday!

Come on out this evening locals! Looks like nice weather for this!

Hey guys, re-posting this in a different section to see if anyone is interested...

Hey there everyone....I have a few friends who do a little free "tweak and test" thing for SPL every couple weeks. The next one is Saturday, August 20th (weather permitting of course.) It will be from 4pm-9pm at the Brunswick car show. The city holds a car show/crusin gig every Saturday at Laurel Square Shopping Center. They have their own space to do test and tune, just look for the EZ-UP tent and some loud cars around it. The address is 1733 Pearl Road, Brunswick Ohio 44212. It's about 18 miles south of Cleveland and about 20 miles north of Akron. Of course its free. They will be having a competition there in the fall where all money paid in to compete gets paid back to the winners. These guys don't do it for the money, just because they love loud cars. These guys and I have built a few IASCA and Db Drag World Record holders in the past, so we love our loud cars. So come on down, they'll have the meter there, and test your car for free! Or, if you just love to hang out and talk stereo, that's cool too. There's usually a bunch of cars to look at for the car show too, so it's fun all around.

By the way, they aren't too bad about it being loud, as long as you aren't playing it with the doors wide open for a long time. So come on out and have fun! I'll try to update the thread when we get close to the date so everyone knows if it will look like the weather is going to let us be there..... Thanks, Mick.

Hey guys, bringing this post back up...this is going on again this Saturday, September 17th, but from about 5pm-9pm...weather looks like it's going to be good, they'll be bringing the SPL meter, plus an O-scope to help you guys set gains, and also he always has his clamp to test your amp's power output...if nothing else, come out and talk audio with everyone!

Great idea, I would love to come but it's several hundred miles away :suicide-santa:

Tomorrow guys! Good way to get some idea what you are gonna hit at a comp...you can do some tweaking to find that peak frequency! Gonna be a beautiful evening for it!