evandostert

first amp install gone wrong

k. So I have double checked absolutely every connection and everything was installed clean neat and perfect. I still have no sound from my woofer. I am including images

I am thinking it's an issue with the pre outs? Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Everything is tight and perfect. I know the cap is crap. I am waiting for a new kinetic battery.

under back seat evanpics1361.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and behind my pioneer

evanpics1365.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Yes I turned on the subwoofer feature on the deck

Does the light on the amp come on?

You can use a rca to 3.5mm adapter and hook up the rcas to an ipod and then you'd know if it's the signal.

Does the light on the amp come on?

You can use a rca to 3.5mm adapter and hook up the rcas to an ipod and then you'd know if it's the signal.

The amp light up perfectly. I tried the ipod and yes it worked.

Then some setting needs to be changed on the headunit or the rcas are plugged in wrong inputs, or the rca inputs on the headunit are bad.

Then some setting needs to be changed on the headunit or the rcas are plugged in wrong inputs, or the rca inputs on the headunit are bad.

:nothingtoadd:

did you charge the cap?

What would that have to do with him not getting signal from his headunit, the amp plays when hooked up to his mp3 player.

switch out the RCA wires if you can.. see if it makes a difference... did you plug the RCAs into front or rear to see if it omitted a sound?

lastly what head unit?

If you have your RCA's are hooked to your sub output on your headunit which doesn't put out the whole bandwidth, and trying to amplify a frequency that isn't there is impossible. Basically, you can't run your sub output to your mid/high amp because that output doesn't produce those frequencies.

Also, some amps have a switch to select the input voltage, and if you have it on the wrong one, the amp won't play. Example, one might be .2volts-2volts and other option is 2.1v-8v, and say if u have 3volt preouts, you need to have it set on 2.1v-8v. *Example only.

Try switching to a different set on preouts on the back of the headunit. And or make sure the amp doesn't have the selectable input voltage, and set at the right voltage to match.

Check to see if there is also a subwoofer on/off setting on the H/U, that will get people all the time also. And also make sure the RCA's are installed in the correct locations on the back of the H/U.

Check to see if there is also a subwoofer on/off setting on the H/U, that will get people all the time also. And also make sure the RCA's are installed in the correct locations on the back of the H/U.

Make sure it's turned up, mine goes from 0-12, got me confused for a whole afternoon lol

Slightly better results. I turned up the bass setttings on the H/U

I never touched anything from the amp. I am assuming I should tweak that next.