anyone have experience with these looking for how they react to port area do they like a lot or little ? i was thinking about running 2 of them in 2cube each box tuned to 34 or 33 htz with 2 4 in flared ports but using the aero ports 4in its either 2 which is like 6.25port area per cube or 3 which is 9.30 port area per cube Any advice will be welcome thanks reggie

Two 4 inch aero ports should work fine. What's the Xmax on the 12w6?

To avoid port noise I would go three. After doing calculations, two is on the small size.

thats what i was worried about but three is so much area i dont want them to go nuts or sound peaky looking for a relative flat curve dont you get this with less port area ?

No.

yeah. usually.

they are pretty good subs sound pretty good but i liked my skar 12's more

Good God

nutrider.jpg

The W3's are great entry level subwoofers.

they are pretty good subs sound pretty good but i liked my skar 12's more

Good God

nutrider.jpg

:roflmao:

^^^^Wow :roflmao:

Nut rider indeed, the JL is an order of magnitude better driver. In comparison the Skar is a joke.

Nut rider indeed, the JL is an order of magnitude better driver. In comparison the Skar is a joke.

you know whats a joke jl audio subs i seen so many w6/w7s blow. i blew 2 12w6v2s on a jl 1000.1 now thats joke when i can give my lil 180 dollar sub 1k and it takes it like a nothing but it guess thats a joke

you know whats a joke jl audio subs i seen so many w6/w7s blow. i blew 2 12w6v2s on a jl 1000.1 now thats joke when i can give my lil 180 dollar sub 1k and it takes it like a nothing but it guess thats a joke

You obviously don't know what you are doing. Good job proving how incompetent you are.

:sleepwerd4:

Blaming the sub for operator error is a big lol. Btw, the w6 wasn't designed for people like you, but even still it only blew because of you.

You obviously don't know what you are doing. Good job proving how incompetent you are.

i know what im doing jl subs sound good thats it they cant take any power .im done with this bs `

Back on topic, Duran stated that the less port area leading to a flatter response is untrue.

What I want to find out is what xmax and port area have to do with each other???

More xmax you have the more port you need.

SO anything that takes a lot of power can't sound good? Dude your an idiot.

Gotcha... So I'm gona start researching a round ported enclosure for my Xcon...

i know what im doing jl subs sound good thats it they cant take any power .im done with this bs `

That is a bit of an oxymoron. If you knew what you were doing they wouldn't have blown. Subs are stupid and only do what you have them do.

Back on topic, Duran stated that the less port area leading to a flatter response is untrue.

What I want to find out is what xmax and port area have to do with each other???

More xmax = more air velocity in the port.

So curious now... is there a formula or maybe a guideline? 31mm xmax on my xcon would translate into what then ? Is there somewhere I can read on this?

So curious now... is there a formula or maybe a guideline? 31mm xmax on my xcon would translate into what then ? Is there somewhere I can read on this?

Sure, but now you are adding another variable and that is the box. I assumed above you meant in the same box. You can use the box to alter it as well.

Good starting point on reading is to buy the LSDC by Vance Dickson

or model something in WinISD and change stuff to see what happens. Not as insightful, but sometimes a picture is worth more than reading.

thanks Sean....

-Danny