kryptonitewhite

Brainstorm Daydream... RIP! 25Hz tapped horn for van

Alright, it came crashing down. I give props to Lil'Mike and dB-Kicker, I never could have pulled this off so it would have always been a daydream and a wish. I started a thread or 2 on the car audio area a long time ago about building a wall with THTs, then recently SoloX 18 THs. Here's the inquery I made April 18th. This is my way of still being able to make a thread since there won't be a build log.

Jordan Powell

What would you do?

Hey Deon, I frequently toy with ideas of what I would do different if I had the opportunity to do another van build from scratch. The one I did was my only build of that magnatude, my 1st wall, first time running multiple subs with multiple amps, first time going active. I will most likely never get to do any of these, but what would you find to be most impressive for a good SQ good SPL vehicle though not out to take 1st place trophies in either category?

These will never happen, just an "if I hit the Lotto, what would you think would be more fun?"

6 SoloX 18's, 3 on the bottom, 3 in the middle, slot port on top, 25Hz tuning. 12 2500.1s 2 per Solo.

3 THTs wide... the big Tuba HTs with 3 Dayton 15's or similar. (How does the CompVX work out in those?) Then I'd only need one, possible 2 amps... single alt not multiple.

Or, could those house wreckers be modified to fit in the van? One or two? Same 11Hz knee! I dont care that 99.9% off music doesnt reach below 30Hz

Finally, a tapped horn designed for the CVXs, how ever many woud be most optimal, with about a 25Hz knee.

Just food for thought for my day dreams. I am happy with what i ended up with, but not blown away by it. Initially my van was to be 110 cubic feet tuned to 15Hz but it almost imploded so i had to build a rear wall, raising the tuning to 25Hz. Since I cut the airspace by more than half and went up almost 1/2 an octave in tuning the IB3s just couldnt stand up to the pressure. The subs I have now seem much better for it, but I think one of my amps was blown before I swapped subs. Being tuned to 23Hz with gobbs of power on tap, dones of displacement, and more than double the airspace most people run for similar drivers I still am not pleased with the amount of output I get from 20Hz-30Hz vs what i get above 30Hz.... though 148dB @ 25Hz isn't anything to sneeze at. I want the sub 30Hz material to be louder than above, but I am guessing I do mid 50's from 30Hz on up.

It would have been nice to have my posts acknowledged. It would be nice to get an answer that either yes, it was my idea and thank you...we will make great use of it for an even better cause, or nope, it is just coincidence that when I asked for your opinion on the exact thing you just built that you made no mention that you alread just happened to have the exact same plans, or that you didnt pay any attention to my idea at all back then and then you got approached to do a huge project and suddenly you happened to have the same idea.

Not only does it suck that my posts were ignored, but to send me 3 private messages gloating about the success of my idea, giving me private Kicker corporation information and asking me not to share, and giving me secret information about my idea's performance that you haven't let out of the bag yet...asking me to sit on it when I confided in you about my idea, you brushed it off, then stole it!

KW

Enough of this. I call BS.

Show me your plans. Show me your model. You and I both know that you have none. Daydreams do not count.

So' date=' what is your real goal here?

You had an idea. So do a lot of people. Ideas are not unique. Ideas are not intellectual property.

How does one of your random daydreams for your van relate to a completely independent and completely different design I completed for the 9-11 commorative project in response to Deon's invitation? I was not compensated in any way, I volunteered my expertise for free.

It just so happened that I made something that you think resembles your daydream. Get over yourself. Like 4 drivers in a high-performance tapped horn is something unique. I designed, built, tested, and documented my first 4-driver tapped horn back in 2009. You are aware that Danley sells one.....

CVX 15s in a tapped horn are not a new idea either. Been working with those since last July officially.

Sure, you thought it. I'll bet I did too, and I bet I did before you...

Additionally, I made it - after I thought it, planned it, modeled it, and designed it. You dreamt of something, I created something. I did it completely independently, and it took considerable effort on my part.

One is in your imagination, one is real. One took you seconds, and is only documented in a couple of forum posts and a Facebook chat that is now in a Youtube video.

One took months, and is documented in countless emails with a number of different people, as well as phone calls and texts.

Regardless of what you choose to believe - your daydream and my design are not related. My design for the 9-11 tribute truck is not tuned to 25 Hz. It is not for a van, it is not contained or ported inside the cabin of the vehicle, and it does not use Solo-Xs. It also does nothing significant below 25 Hz, which as I understand things, has been your area of interest all along.

To think - I have tried to help you. I have tried to teach you.

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

While I'd prefer you did not, I fully expect that this will be cross posted on at least 6 other forums before tomorrow morning, as well as shown on a youtube video.

I'd prefer you copy the entire message rather than cherry-pick the parts that suit you. Regardless, just don't forget to mention it was a private message from me, and one I asked you to keep private.

I have this exact text copied, the Google will find it, that way I can follow you and present the truth.

Any bridges = burnt.

Nice work superstar.[/quote']

First off I have never pick and chose or edited anything from anyone.

Second off, jackass... since you started it with superstar, I made his private message from facebook public because he took my private IDEA (not design as you say, you are correct) and made it very public.

Third, yes I will be glad to post this up and cross post it, since you were so nice about it.

Fourth, I might also make his private posts from here public as well if he can't simply say "Yes, I stole your IDEA, but I made actual PLANS and did all the work".

Superhero? No, I am just KW

:roflmao: @ you know you're KW when..... thread!!

I think you should spend less time brainstorming about how to spend money/time on stereo gear and instead spend more time brainstorming about what else you could do to improve that child's life that is always in your pictures. It would be better for everyone.

I think you should spend less time brainstorming about how to spend money/time on stereo gear and instead spend more time brainstorming about what else you could do to improve that child's life that is always in your pictures. It would be better for everyone.

I think you shouldn't tell another man how to raise his kids, who the fuck are you to say that?

I think you shouldn't tell another man how to raise his kids, who the fuck are you to say that?

A father im guessing. I agree with him.

M5 wrote it, i agree with it and i get the -1s. douches!