imnottrippin

99 Blazer-Sundown build

updates.

i pulled out the box i just built and had to try to build a wall...

this is my first attempt so any constructive comments would be appreciated

IMG_1378.jpg

my tiny workspace...

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

fiberglassed the seams.

IMG_1391.jpg

more expanding foam. i think thats about 15 cans total in this build

IMG_1392.jpg

the back.

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

quick vid at about quarter gain. i wanted to see what it did. apparently it blows bubbles and shit

it sounds better and louder than ever. my termlab guy wont be in until monday so, i have to wait for numbers.

If you're gonna be in mod5 anyway... :fing34: I'm gonna have to hear this one soon.

If you're gonna be in mod5 anyway... :fing34: I'm gonna have to hear this one soon.

yeah, thats what i was thinking. anytime you are in tulsa let me know and you can hear it, bro. i cant wait to see the numbers on it.

I lol'd when you said "apparently it blows bubbles and shit".

Good build man looks like you're pretty dedicated!! Good luck for the next time you get metered!

I lol'd when you said "apparently it blows bubbles and shit".

Good build man looks like you're pretty dedicated!! Good luck for the next time you get metered!

thank alot. i appreciate it.

more updates...

i lowered it front and back. alot.

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

traded my 2 saz-1500's for a saz-3500!! running at half ohm. it is a monster. so much louder.

re-reinforced the back of the wall with 2x4's, titebond 3, and liquid nails.

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

vids and numbers soon...

^ just a suggestion. Make sure you flip the brake lines to make a U shape instead of the factory "n" shape. The line likes to rub the frame and will quickly result in brake failure.

Just remove the line, flip it over and install/bleed. It depends on how low it is out back though yours may/maynot rub.

If you used Belltech spindles up front you need to trim down the upper control arm as well because it will pinch the brake line. If you used springs this doesn't apply.

Edited by beandip

^ just a suggestion. Make sure you flip the brake lines to make a U shape instead of the factory "n" shape. The line likes to rub the frame and will quickly result in brake failure.

Just remove the line, flip it over and install/bleed. It depends on how low it is out back though yours may/maynot rub.

If you used Belltech spindles up front you need to trim down the upper control arm as well because it will pinch the brake line. If you used springs this doesn't apply.

cool, thanks for the tip. its a 4x4 so there isnt any drop spindles for it i cranked the torsion bar. im going to get drop keys for the front. i will definitely check the back break lines though, thanks again.

Doh! Wheels (offset) were a dead giveaway it was a 4x4 and I missed it.

How low are you planning on going up front?

Doh! Wheels (offset) were a dead giveaway it was a 4x4 and I missed it.

How low are you planning on going up front?

probably another inch, so 5 total. with the drop keys i will have the option to go as far as 8 i think, but 5 is as far as i can go without tearing out my front drive axles.

i obviously dont go off road but i need the 4 wheel drive for these oklahoma winters. next thing i need is a grille...

On the last page when you had the 2 1500's, does that mean each sundown was putting out ~2,650 watts?! I guess I don't understand the term strapped.. maybe you could help?! :wub:

On the last page when you had the 2 1500's, does that mean each sundown was putting out ~2,650 watts?! I guess I don't understand the term strapped.. maybe you could help?! :wub:

Strapped is connecting 2 linkable amps together in a way that doubles the potential output of the amplifiers. Like making them seem and act as 1 large amp. Thats the best way i can think to explain it. And those numbers are a result of a extremely strong electrical system, low impedance, kickass installation and of course the best equipment on the market

*actual results may vary*

looks crazy man!!! keep it up :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

more progress...

i knew my setup had more potential so i rebuilt the wall into a 4th order... sorry for the lack of pics during the rebuild but i left my phone at work.

i used the old carpet from the old back to keep the dust off the goods if you were wondering.

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

i still have to hide my rcas.

IMG_1623.jpg

i cut it real close. had to engineer the shit out of it but, it worked out pretty good.

IMG_1624.jpg

heres how it is now. i still have some adjusting of the port and the 5x7's will be installed better. they are temporary because i am figuring out the exact placement i want.

IMG_1638.jpg

from the outside.

IMG_1632.jpg

i can use the back seats again.

IMG_1640.jpg

more to come...

Thats awesome bro, what ratio u using for the BP and what tuning? How do you like the sound or is it a one tone monster?

Thats awesome bro, what ratio u using for the BP and what tuning? How do you like the sound or is it a one tone monster?

I kinda just freestyled this one. But i built it with 8cubes for the sealed part firing in to 12 cubes. And it is a musical beast. It actually hurts after a min or 2 and damn near impossible to drive with the knob turned even a quarter way up. Far as i can tell its tuned around 35-40 ish. Ill get it on a tl real soon and find out.

Hey man just scrolled through the whole thread things are looking good man

Hey man just scrolled through the whole thread things are looking good man

Thanks man. Alot of details to do still. The thread shows the spl addiction really take over... I might need a intervention soon.

nice build man! you have a lot of things going on!

Lovin it!

:drink40:

Thanks alot fellas.

Mac, that golf is sick btw!

im thinking of going with 4 sa-15s now!!!