kryptonitewhite

Kicker Solo X DISCONTINUED! RIP SOLO X!

08-17-11, 07:25 PM

dB-Kicker

CVX vs Solo X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solo X's.... Aren't going to be around much longer. And the CVX's are a Natural to TH's - the X's didn't like TH's..

The 4 CVX 15's met and exceeded the performance of the X's in every way as TH's vs our 'large low tune" recommended ported enclosure for the X's at max power with only 1kw per driver.

IOW these are a FAR more accessible driver - and system combination. The system requirements lead it to be something 'everyman' could aspire to.

Did you see that F/R? Un Equalized. 135dB from 4 1kw 15's is INSANE. And this enclosure had exceptional acoustic reactance.

There were literally DOZENS of old school car guy's who didn't think it could Possibly sound good - who came away Flabbergasted at how good it sounded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Message Select Option... Move to folder... Delete Download as XML Download as CSV Download as TEXT

08-17-11, 10:41 PM

dB-Kicker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll send you the Solo X models. CVX's are superior in every way outside of thermal power handling for TH's.

That - and we wanted to develop TH's around drivers relatively affordable so the average Joe could build TH's with phenomenal performance for less than the price of a 'bargain' sub-woofer...

That, and Solo X's are being discontinued. Don't share that information, please.

i was on sonicelectronics.com and on there site it say the solo x has been discontinued. i had a 2011 kicker cvx 15 in its max. recommended ported enclosure with a kicker kx1200.1 and i heard in person 1 10" solo x that was louder. so if they do this, kicker isnt going to have a 18" woofer???????

Bummer man. I've got a solo x 18 sitting in the garage floor in need of a re-cone. :\

Bummer man. I've got a solo x 18 sitting in the garage floor in need of a re-cone. :\

they should still make the re-cone kits for them even if they are discontuinued. right????

It's not likely that they will keep on getting recones in for them, if they really are discontinuing the line, I suggest picking up a few extra now.

It's not likely that they will keep on getting recones in for them, if they really are discontinuing the line, I suggest picking up a few extra now.

Actually, I would assume Kicker would still offer recones for a little while after.

But I would definitely email somebody at Kicker that would know a for sure answer, instead of hoarding recones you may never use. Heck, for the prices of a recone, you can almost buy a new sub from other companies.

Also, I'm surprised the Solo X hung on this long actually. I would also assume Kicker has a replacement in the works though. But wouldn't be surprised if they didn't as they don't care much about competing anymore.(Which nobody buys anything based on what the top competitors run like they did back in the day.) So why mass produce a SPL style sub that won't get 1/10th or less of the sales a L7 gets.

I was by no means saying they will stop selling the recones as soon as the line is discontinued, just that they aren't likely to be ordering more after their stock is depleted.

That, and Solo X's are being discontinued. Don't share that information, please.

Good job sharing the information you were asked not to...

This may be a dumb questions, but I'm not sure what TH is being referred as.

Could anybody explain what it means?

TH = Tapped Horn

resurrecting old thread for a quick heads-up...

the day has finally come... spoke with Kicker earlier today - soloX's no longer available. Everything they had on hand has been destroyed

=(

the day has finally come... spoke with Kicker earlier today - soloX's no longer available. Everything they had on hand has been destroyed

=(

I find it hard to believe they would destroy inventory rather than selling it to recoup their costs.

=(

I find it hard to believe they would destroy inventory rather than selling it to recoup their costs.

They destroyed it with a sale, duh.

Actually your hunch is right. ;)

I smell a buyout sale.

Never was really impressed with Solo X setups.. But as stated before.. I think Kicker has noticed other companies taking overthe "Loud" market.

Im suprised the Warhorse hasn't been discontinued as well. I even feel like the JL Audio W7 era has died down alot lately too.

Never was really impressed with Solo X setups.. But as stated before.. I think Kicker has noticed other companies taking overthe "Loud" market.

Im suprised the Warhorse hasn't been discontinued as well. I even feel like the JL Audio W7 era has died down alot lately too.

the warhorse has been for a while now.. where ya been?

the W7 is still a great sub, and its only dies down because its been out for years... when the W8 drops it will be the same thing.....

and IMO the soloX was a great sub.... besides the fact it was square, one of the best things about that sub was it was " inbox reconable" you could change out your coild config the night before a show to run a lower impedance then switch it back out to daily the next day...... a great idea... costly to engineer no doubt.

A lollipop to the one who guesses the engineer that designed and co-owns the "inbox recone" patent.

steve meade !! ha ha