07_ZX10

3 DP 21" ??s

i sold everything and thought i was gettin out of audio, well almost a year later and I start over. I had fi bl 18's, and then aq hdc's. Considered running 4 aq 18s in a wall, but still would like to try the 21's. Would 3 dp 21's do ok off 1 sundown 3500d? Will be walled in a 98 expedition. I had talked to some guys last summer that told me not to run the 21's unless just burping them, said they wouldnt do good for daily. Well, this is just for daily driver, maybe some local comps. What suggestion do you have?

Go on with the dp son. it will be loud.it will prob lack is the sq but I'm sure your not going for that.

07_ZX10,

The folks that told you the 21's would not work in a daily application are not correct. 3 DP 21's off a single sundown 3500D would hammer like hell if it is built correctly.

steveo50,

SQ is always a subjective matter. Saying they "will probably lack SQ" is a little too generalized and honestly a matter of opinion. SQ is just like beauty....it's in the eye of the beholder. What sounds good to one person may not sound good to someone else. Obviously these woofers weren't built with the intentions of having SQ in mind. If you're looking for SQ, the Flatlyne is where it's at, breaking cars, glass, and concrete is what the DP does really well.

Go on with the dp son. it will be loud.it will prob lack is the sq but I'm sure your not going for that.

If sound quality is the goal I'd much rather have a 21" cone than a 12" cone.