On3Hundr3dProof

the car audio experts at best buy

i am going to try and remove my engine next weekend and have it rebuilt out of ABS plastic...

I'll have secondskin coat it in their firewall protector so it doesn't melt.

That should save me some weight.

Kinda like a guy at the local monthly car meet told me that this system hit 197db... BUT in a different car. and ported... but it was still fiberglass so that made it about 20db louder that the standard wood enclosure. LOL

cant find the pic right now but its 4 of the older Memphis 10's. the ones with all the colors and stuff.

sad thing is... ha owns a shop!! :suicide-santa:

You guys laugh, but maybe they tell you that nonsense just to see if you agree with them or can intelligently argue against them.

Maybe they're the ones laughing when you leave......"Did you see that guy who was just in, he really thought my system was 200db....lulz"

Reverse psychology FTMFW

You guys laugh, but maybe they tell you that nonsense just to see if you agree with them or can intelligently argue against them.

Maybe they're the ones laughing when you leave......"Did you see that guy who was just in, he really thought my system was 200db....lulz"

Reverse psychology FTMFW

Well in that case, both parties were laughing at each other and could be viewed as a win-win.

Wait, are you guys saying he didn't know what he was saying or yall think that is too low a number for that equipment?

Ya those Kickers do way more dBs. Trust me. I had 1 in my car and it did 280dB.

Typically, when in a bad mood a visit to the Best Buy car audio department definitely helps improve my mood. The scary part is, if that's the kind of information a sales person will tell you (either out of sheer ignorance or perhaps just bullshitting), can you imagine what happens in the install department? Learned my lesson one time with my xj8.. didn't have time to do the job myself, so I took it to BB to have an XM commander installed. I got the car back and the heater controls were all broken and they claimed it was like that when I brought it in. Never again...