MarcusG911

Two MTX 12s vs One SA 12

My homie thinks that two 200rms MTX thunders sound better than one 600rms sa12

What do y'all think?

I'm pretty sure one SA12 sounds better because it will have 600rms of power to it compared to the mtxs with 400rms of power to them. Which do you think will sound better musically?

The mtxs will be sealed and the sa12 ported and both powered by true rms power and same vehicle say a 99 honda civic same electrical and everything, which would sound better?

Im gona go with the sa12 because mtxs aren't that good of subs and the sa12 is very good. Determining an answer will determine his decision on what to pick for his system.

Two 12" MTX thunders on 400rms sealed

Or

One 12" SA12 on 600rms ported

It's all a matter of opinion, I would rather have the SA12 myself though.

Haha its not that I have anything against mtx im just sure that in this setup the sa12 would sound better. And because im trying to sell him my sa12 lmao

More cone area and they will both be able to use the power more effectively.

In all reality though, there's no way to measure this and objectively say one is better than the other, especially given the limited information.

Why is he worried about what we think? I'm assuming you have the driver in an enclosure already, so why not pop it in there and see which one he prefers? That's the only way he's going to know which setup he prefers.

Sorry but this is an extremely stupid thread. There are to many factors to determine to which one would sound better. It can also depend on the listeners ear and what he likes. He may very well think that a BTL N3 in a high tuned burp box may sound better than a SSA XCON in a nice low tuned enclosure. It just depends on what he likes and what he wants.

I think this might come down to sealed versus ported. You are trying to compare apples to oranges. I second trying both. If you have the sa-12 but not the mtx. Just try out the sa-12, chances are he won't want to take it out! Lol

Duane

Comes down to install and quality of the enclosure build! Depending on what series from MTX a single SA-12 has a lot of potential in the right hands.

:morepower1:

In all reality though, there's no way to measure this and objectively say one is better than the other, especially given the limited information.

I agree with this!

too many contributing factors here......

power supply, rms , enclosure design exc....

personally I would take the single SA 600w

rms sub...... more power usually snaps a bit

better and digs low notes more easily

I see. Im just trying to sell him my sa12 and when he hears mine he says "that sounds good but the mtxs will sound better" in reality, im trying to sell him my sub and in reality I know there's so much variables but straight up hes reading this thread and from info so far still can't decide. I hope he picks mine instead of the mtxs. Anyone else agree?

He listens to stuff like dubstep to young jeezy, gorilla zoe, mainstream rap and hip hop

I agree that this is wasting forum space :suicide-santa: