farriswheel

8" PVC Flared ports for sale

Item(s) for Sale:

Complete 8" Flared ports

Item(s) Description/Condition:

I have new 8" Flared ports for sale. I make them. They are sold painted black, I can Paint them any color, however i do charge extra to paint other colors. I use a paint booth, with a spray gun. not a spray can.

Each flare ranges from 4.25" to 4.5" long, so you can have as short of a 8.5" port for higher tuning.

The pipe is sdr-35, 1/4" thick. A complete port includes 2 flares, 10" center piece, and 2 pvc connectors, all painted black. One flare has mounting holes.

I can cut the center pieces into any length. 10" is included with the port, any extra is $5 per 6 inches.

The Flare I use is not a perfect quarter circle type flare. It gradually tapers out, similar to the psp flares.

I also sell mounting plates. You can use an 11" cutout with these, however there isnt much wood for the screws to grab. I cut a smaller circle, and use a round-over bit for mounting the flare.

My connector pieces are about 2" long, to 3". They aren't made as consistent as any of the other parts. 2" long might not seem long enough. However, they are very tight, hammering them on will be required. I can say you could pass on using tape, but its better to be safe and use it. Its never fun if the port were to fall off while playing, and something as bad as having your subs unload happen.

Price:

$45+ shipping, for a complete port

special color-$5

Mounting plate-$5

extra centers-$5/6"

Non-painted port(greenish color as seen in pics)-$40

. I will work with pricing on orders of multiple ports.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Buyer pays shipping, message me with your zip code and quantity of ports you want, and I will give you a quote.

NOTICE:As of right now, i have 3 finished ports. When I run out, I will make them as I receive orders, and extras when I make ordered ports as I can.

Making these are my side hobby. If i don't have any finished ports available, I am going to have to say it will take up to 5 days maximum to ship a complete Port, if ordered on Monday. I can ship parts such as connectors and centers next day. I work 35 hours Monday-Friday, and go to college full time. If ordered on Monday-Wednesday, it will more than likely be completed Thursday, shipped Friday. I only have class(night classes) Mon.-Wed. If ordered Thursday or Friday, I should easily be able to ship Saturday.

I apologize for this, but it is the best I can do, assuming I don't have any on hand. I don't want anyone thinking I am up to anything if they order on a monday, and it takes the said amount of time.

If you need to contact me, message me on here. I will give you my number, I would like to communicate through text. I Usually only have access to my computer at night. Also, I can text at work and school, lol.

Thank You,

Alex Farris

Item Pictures:

nameport.jpg

taper.jpg

paint.jpg

IMG_8652.jpg

IMG_7372.jpg

IMG_7242.jpg

IMG_7242.jpg

IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

also, heres a few scores that my customers have done with these ports in MECA, metered@headrest with termlab

Matt wilson, 2010 AS1 world champ(while using the flare). 2 dc xl 12's, 1 8" flare, did a 146.x. in as1, he had a 30 amp fuse. did 149's in as2. In a 4 door toyota hatch back.

josh phillips, as2, did 149's in jmc jimmy. 1 18" btl n2, mojo 4000. 1 8" flare. and a 128.x in drive by

chris releford had 4 4" psp flares, switched out to a single 8", jumped from 146.8 to 147.5. with a single 12". In a crx

me, ive done a 149.6 with my first blowthrough setup, 18" nightshade, audiopipe wired @4, with lots of rise, seen about 2000 watts. and 1 single 8" flare. did 150+ from 40hz to 53hz with my autotek 4000, wired@1.

theres been a few more thats been on the meter, cant remember them all.

These ports deffinitely help with spl, sq, hits lower lows. They are pure ***

How much for 1 shipped to 78415? Or if you will the 4 flared ends only.

mind if i post a link to a port chart, in case folks need a referance guide?

not my own, from a ssa member however.

might be interested in a purchase of one myself!

mind if i post a link to a port chart, in case folks need a referance guide?

not my own, from a ssa member however.

might be interested in a purchase of one myself!

Chart does port area for the inner diameter of circular port, since these are flared you could probably get away with less port area.

The actual aero port tuning page has an option for flaring.

That is if he doesn't mind.

Op, ports look great.

Do you have pictures of the mounting plate??

# diameter port area

1 8" 50 in^2

2 8" 101 in^2

3 8" 151 in^2

4 8" 201 in^2

5 8" 251 in^2

6 8" 302 in^2

7 8" 352 in^2

8 8" 402 in^2

-----------------------------------------------------------------

What's the inner diameter of the ports, and outer at flaring?

# diameter port area

1 8" 50 in^2

2 8" 101 in^2

3 8" 151 in^2

4 8" 201 in^2

5 8" 251 in^2

6 8" 302 in^2

7 8" 352 in^2

8 8" 402 in^2

-----------------------------------------------------------------

What's the inner diameter of the ports, and outer at flaring?

Inside OD of the pipe is 7 7/8". Outside, flare to flare, is about 12.25". They can be about an 1/8" off.

IMAG0059.jpg

Heres a plate.

Also, I am now out of completed ports. any new orders will have to wait until saturday to ship.

I If anyone orders today-thursday, I will take $5 for the delay from shipping.

Thank you,

Alex

I'm having a hard time seeing that plate in place... any other photos???

Same here.

Same here.

X3. Would you ne able to do 10" ports? Just curious. It would be a while before I order. But I would like to know. Thanks

Jonathan.

That picture was the only one I had on photobucket. I'm at school right now, I'll have to wait until I get home for a better one.

It's basically a 10" cutout, .5" roundover, and i plunge the roundover farther down, rather than leveling it with the surface of the plate. They are easy to make, assuming you have a router, jasper jig, roundover, and know how for down to plunge the roundover. If you just own a jigsaw, your cut can be far from perfect to mount the port with a plate.

As far as 10"s go, I haven't started on them yet. I've been working on these 8's for a year and a half. I'm now at the point where the look good, and i can efficiently produce them. I will be making 10's, I have the equipment to do them. I just haven't started yet. Once i get going good on 8's, I will start with the 10's. Then 12's :). But I can not give a date on those by any means, No telling if I will run into problems making them, whenever I am able to start. I will say my goal is to have them by the carl caspers, a meca show in february.

8" pipe isnt easy to cut straight. If you think you will need it cut, it is best to have me do it. I have this-

portcut.jpg

It does great.

Here are some more pics of painted ports. I dont have the best camera.

port5.jpg

port2.jpg

port1.jpg

port4.jpg

...lol

and here i experimented. I tried to get purple, with blue and red. Used way too much blue, and it turned out some gay a$s mary kay lipstick lookin color. I have to re paint it black anyway.

port3.jpg

port6.jpg

port7.jpg

And here is how I package them. I padded the flare front, and shrink wrap them.

wpport.jpg

looks good.. I like the mary kay color... Still gonna wait on seeing this "mount plate"...

I am making them 14"x14". I can also make them round. Or whatever you like. If it happens to take more material or time, I may have to charge a bit more. However this is a $5 plate.

plate1.jpg

plate3.jpg

plate2.jpg

WOW very nice! If you can do 10's I'd also pick one up.

WOW very nice! If you can do 10's I'd also pick one up.

Thank you sir. I will update everyone when I get to the tens. however, no date on them still.

I think I need 2 of these but I'm not 100% sure of the length I need.

I think I need 2 of these but I'm not 100% sure of the length I need.

You said you needed 12.5", i believe. with the flares, i could cut a 3.5" piece to get 12.5". That would leave you a 3.5" center and a 6.5" center, you could try them both. And order a few more sized centers if needed.

read over this briefly, sorry if i missed it, but, do you have 90 degree elbows available with these?

if so, what would your price for them be?

i would assume with a little research one could find them, however, having everything come from one source does have it's appeal!

the pics of your mounting plates = ftw!

read over this briefly, sorry if i missed it, but, do you have 90 degree elbows available with these?

if so, what would your price for them be?

i would assume with a little research one could find them, however, having everything come from one source does have it's appeal!

the pics of your mounting plates = ftw!

Thanks on the mounting plates.

I know you can buy one, but it would cost so much money.

The first 3 piece port I made, I did it a day before a show and didn't have connectors. I went to the supplier where i get my 8" pipe to get some connectors, and they were $30 EACH.

I didnt ask for any other pipe part since.

Iv'e never done anything like that with 8", however Im sure I can make them. I know i can. I would take one piece, 45 cut it, flip em, use pvc glue, then some fiberglass, and flare each end so you can slide pieces in it.

I have done it, just a few years back, and on 4" pvc. Well i didnt flange out the ends, it was one piece. fug it, heres a pic

abc5.jpg

abc3.jpg

abc2.jpg

As for the price, I'll say $15 for the first one I make, if you want it. After that one, I might change the price. I just need to see how long it actually takes, how much glue and glass it will take, etc. I know it wont be much, I'll just have to do it though.

in no way am i experianced enough in this feild to have a educated opinion but, i am wondering if the sharp 90 of this style is desirable to most?

in my question i am thinking that this design build approach, perhaps a 45 to form the overall 90 would be more desirable. i know it would be more work. and raise price.

i see alot of referances to how the air moves through the tube as fluid.... this 90 pictured looks sharp, where a three piece 90 consisting of a 45 would be a smoother turn or flow. like how we put 45's in the corners of slot ports.

your prices are very reasonable considering that other resources of the equivalint are very limited.

the craftsmanship and approach shows through as professional quality as well.

i believe we will be ordering one port for my wifes build.

4 sa-8's on a aq2200

she is to let me know what color the port is going to be and then i will place the order.

the elbows(90's) are being considered for my cutlass build....i would need four of them, as well as four ports.