Sign in to follow this  
justanotherssuv

Which FI sub(s) should I get?

Alright guys... Im stuck on giving FI audio a shot and seeing what I come up with... I have a 2007 Trailblazer SS with; big 3 4ga upgrade, Alpine DVD hu, 1/0ga power and ground wires, extra battery for power storage, and a 2000w @ 1ohm XX-HERCULES hifonics amp.. From what I've read the amp should be a little underrated. I want a really good sounding set up with the ability to get super loud. Do you guys think I should do 2 12" SSD's running around a 1000w rms a piece or should I step up to 1 sub and push 2000w rms to it? Basically, given the info, what would you guys choose? I'll be using this pretty much daily with the occassional sound competition. Ported enclosure preferred and I would like to spend AROUND $500.. Thanks for the help in advance!!

Go with as much cone area as you can fit, of course with the appropriate enclosure volume.

1 18" BTL! *IF you have enough room for a proper enclosure* :woot:

and :WELCOME: to the forums!

Two 15" SSD's.

I think I can fit around a 4 cuft box in the trailblazer... What would the main differences be between running 2 15" SSD's as opposed to running the 12's?

why the SSd?

1 18" BTL! *IF you have enough room for a proper enclosure* :woot:

and :WELCOME: to the forums!

Thanks for the welcome! Would 1 18 still sound good for daily use? Would it still have decent sound quality?

4 cubes? You must be wanting to retain most of the cargo space then? You should have at least 9-10 cubic feet to work with.

I think I can fit around a 4 cuft box in the trailblazer... What would the main differences be between running 2 15" SSD's as opposed to running the 12's?

You can only fit four cubes in a trailblazer? :ughdunno:

Edited by ricksi30

4 cubes? You must be wanting to retain most of the cargo space then? You should have at least 9-10 cubic feet to work with.

I would like to keep the top of the enclosure close to the top of the rear seat height and I still need room for my amp and it's not very small by any means....

Haha everyone is on your ass about the 4 cubes. :roflmao:

I could probably mount the amp on the back of the box. Have the sub(s) firing up and port toward the rear of the suv. How much room would I need between the face of the port and the hatch door? I'll run out and take some measurements and let you know what I have to work with....

This trailblazer has the box an inch or so over the rear seat but is 10 cubes net with two 18's, I'm sure you can do more than 4.

So then I have quite a bit of room to work with.. Maybe I should go with 1 BTL N2 15?

Or 2 SSd 15's?

Which would be better?

Edited by justanotherssuv

So then I have quite a bit of room to work with.. Maybe I should go with 1 BTL N2 15?

Or 2 SSd 15's?

Which would be better?

I'd do two 15 SSD's or one 18 N2.

The 15's would have more cone area...

It's up to you man! What would you like to see in your rearview? an 18" or 2 15"? lol

It really just depends on what you want to run and how much you want to spend. If you want 1 spectacular sub and have plenty of money to spend, get an N2 18". If you would still like one large very loud sub but don't want to spend quite as much, maybe a BL tailored to your needs would be better. If you want to run 2 subs, a pair of SSD 15s should provide you with plenty of output and will put a big smile on your face too.

I've never had anything bigger than a 12 lol. I'm kinda leaning toward a BTL N2 15 or 18... I think one of those should be close to as loud as 2 of the SSD 15's shouldnt it? Would I lose a lot of sound quality between the 15 and 18?

If you do get a BTL and you have the space IMO you might as well go for the 18. Just make sure you don't skimp on the box.

I've never had anything bigger than a 12 lol. I'm kinda leaning toward a BTL N2 15 or 18... I think one of those should be close to as loud as 2 of the SSD 15's shouldnt it? Would I lose a lot of sound quality between the 15 and 18?

The 18 should be close, however it depends on the install. My vote is for 2 SSD 15's tuned low with a lot of port area. But either way you'll be a happy man.

The 18 will sound just as good provided you put it in a proper enclosure. It would probably be close in output compared to the 15s.

Sign in to follow this