jFreezy

Is the sundown 100.2 stable at two ohms bridged?

I have a sa8 that's dual 4ohm. I can't wire it to 8ohms there wouldn't be any power. So can the 100.2 go down to 2 ohms bridged and if so how many watts would it push?

Short answer no, long answer maybe.

Short answer no, long answer maybe.

+1 with what ^^^ he said!

the flavor that tells me whether or not the 100.2 is stable at two ohms bridged lol

No it's not stable at 2 ohms bridged. But you could try and run it at that if your electrical is good.

If electrical was like 14-15v system the 100.2 would do good?

I think you'll mainly be looking at clipped/dirty signal when forcing 2ohm across those channels... might be alot of strain.. But you could try it...

..I really don't want to take the risk I might have to look into some monoblock amps

look at the saz - sax on db-r they have a 1k going for $208 and a 1,2k for $230

Yeah I'm looking at them now lol. Originally I planned on paying about $200 but saw the 11.2 and thought I could get some new shoes lol. Might settle for sundown amp

I bought my 125.2s for 205 each

I have a slow income lol

It will sound better, last longer and run more efficient if you just run 4ohm/channel. You probably would barely notice the difference in output.

Running minimum impedance is retarded for all but burps on a mic...

Why don't you just run one channel per coil??? :ughdunno:

Is it risky wiring like that? Ive never seen that kind of wiring. And what would the ohm load be?

4 ohms per channel. Why do you think this would be risky?

No the 100.2-125.2 are not 2 ohm stable mono. Look into a mono block or wire 1 4 ohm coil per channel as stated above.

Idk ive never done it but I will try it as soon as I buy the 100.2. Gracias mi amigos

Ok im back with more questions lol. Wiring the sa8 with 1wire per coil.. What is the final impedance? Its dual 4 ohms so does that mean each coil is 2ohms? So it would be 2 ohms per coil and to the amp 2ohms per channel? And 200 watts would be pushed per coil to a final wattage of 400 watts to the sub? Am I thinking too much lol. Can someone explain to me what's going to happen in my application with my variables. Sa8 on sundown 100.2 in a Nissan sentra 15volt ish on idle in a 0.7 cubic ft ported box tuned 32hz.

You will take the + & - of one coil and hook it to the + & - on one channel. Then do it again to the other channel and coil. It will see 100w per coil for a final total of 200w. It will still sound great. No such thing as under-powering a sub. :)

Edit:

Each coil is 4ohms. So 100@4ohms per coil.

Edit again. Lol:

You could also get a 100.4 and wire each coil to 2 channels (bridged). Then you would see a total of 640w. But if you are getting a good deal om the 100.2, I would just get that.

Shoot I was really hoping to get 400watts out of that amp. What would happen of I wired pos and neg from both coils to the same terminals on the amp for 4ohms bridged? 200 each coil? For 400 total?

And yes getting the sundown 100.2 would be a very good deal for me.