Buckonine

Official "I'm excited for the RLi-8's" Thread

I haven't gotten my fix elsewhere yet. I'm still patiently waiting for the RLi-8's to come out again...(and maybe the RLi-10's too, hehe) Who else is with me?

:woot:

I keep checking out all the other forums, and everytime I talk about 8's, the RLi-8's always, ALWAYS come up in conversation. I am excited to see what these new puppies look like and if they will do all that I hope and dream.

:fing34:

protos I've seen no proto's...

I still need a wicked sub stage for my Titan I'll have a little under 3ft^3 of a fiberglass box to run a few 8"s sealed might do a pair of W7's or these or maybe the new Treo 8"s if they come out soonish.

I'm doing a 145.2@37hz in my car with a 10" soloX in a large music box so I'm hoping I can crack a 142 maybe in my truck with a couple 8"s I may port a pair. if I do that DD's will probably mic the loudest and these will be in there for sq/daily. can't wait I'm doing a glass center dash box for a pair of MBQ QSD 4" comps gtg work on it speaking of late.

T

i'm waiting patiently

whats this rumor or another 8"?

> theres that 6ohm 8" and a remake of an RL-i 8 rite?

Correct - and if all goes as planned, there will be two voicecoil configurations offered on the new RL-i8 (and 10's!). Man I'll be happy once these are back and fully stocked. I am very sorry to those who may have had their hopes up for months on end at this point. I really didn't foresee this taking so long, but unfortunately there isn't much I could do to speed the process. Just wish the scope of the delay had been made clear from the get go, but unfortunately I was speculating off of poor information coupled with some random instances of damn-that-sucked-ness. crazy2.gif

rockets.gif

Sooooooooooooooooooon!

i think that this LONG delay calls for a group buy, and i think the public will agree with me ;)

Hah, you guys are ruthless! Truth be told I'm gettin' steeped on the RL-i's what with the retooling and so many non-house parts. So in the interests of keeping the cash flow stable I simply can't handle a group buy on those right off the bat. But if you have a keen eye and a quick trigger, you'll be able to snag a deal or few that I'll be posting here at random ;)

i got 2 x proto 8s in the mail 6 ohm connected in paralell gives me 3 ohm.very excited, anyone care to guess what the difference will be btween an rl-p 12 i.b and 2 proto 8s in a dual flolded horn?

Website still says that the RLi-10's are still out of stock.

:(

for the most up-to-date info, always email

mike@soundsplinter.com

Yep, email will definitely score you a "real-time" answer, as it may take me a few days to get around to updating the website. Dual 4 Ohm RL-i10's are in, and I will be sending out notice to everyone on the waitlist this weekend, as well as updating the website over the weekend as well.

The first batch of RL-i8's went on the production line today and should be ready by the end of next week! :domoslay:

Also, I now have the RL-s15 rebuilt and ready to ship again. I'll probably make a thread for all of these updates towards the end of next week when the 8's are ready to ship.

:runlaugh:

If its anywhere near $110 then i'll have to get one.

No way im gonna buy a used eD e8a for the same or close price as a new RL-i 8.

I keep looking at the eD line, and AA new releases, but I want to wait and see how much these are going to go for, before I commit to anything. The eD Av.2 line isn't out for who knows how long, the Assassin's are even close to these RLi-8's...if these are > $110, I see three in my future...