Buckonine

Official "I'm excited for the RLi-8's" Thread

My little lonley 8" enclsorue wants something big in her to pound her hard and long.

Ha, ha the first time I read this it read:

My little lonely 8" enclose-whore wants something big in her to pound her hard and long.

:fatchicks:

Oh my, my restless friends!.. been a busy week, in the midst of it all gettin' a better computer system up and running (dual core Athlon x2 3800 woot - my first AMD chip!). Aaanyway, about these here RL-i8's, I have some good, and some not so good news.

Turns out that the first batch will be done in only a few days - BUT, we've hit a snag in that our new basket has 8 mounting holes, and the gaskets we have on hand only have 6! After a quick solicitation of our US based part suppliers, it seems that there are no tooled 8 hole gaskets readily available; and so we will attempt to continue looking find some both here and in China, however the Chinese suppliers are on their new year's holiday until February 7th. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I just want to make sure that these babies are dressed up proper before they are unleashed - so keep your fingers crossed! :ugh2:

If it ends up taking too long to find appropriate gaskets (ie. more than a couple weeks), I will most likely start shipping them out sans gaskets. crying.gif

that is not fun

Progress is good, gasket problems bad, but at least we know this is going to be one kick-butt driver when it is done.

> pffttt, make more holes

I'd love to, but the problem is that 6 holes between 360 degrees is differently spaced than 8 holes between the same. Therefore, if I just drilled extra holes in the current gaskets, there would be at least 2 holes that would go unused and look aesthetically displeasing :blink:

I swear these 8" drivers have been an absolute nightmare!

Can't wait until I have a freakin' skyscraper full of 'em so I won't have to worry anymore :lol2:

> pffttt, make more holes

I'd love to, but the problem is that 6 holes between 360 degrees is differently spaced than 8 holes between the same.  Therefore, if I just drilled extra holes in the current gaskets, there would be at least 2 holes that would go unused and look aesthetically displeasing  :blink:

I swear these 8" drivers have been an absolute nightmare! 

Can't wait until I have a freakin' skyscraper full of 'em so I won't have to worry anymore  :lol2:

That might be a problem...

Any idea on the pricing ?

If you had a sky scraper full of them we could have a group buy :)

> How long for the 10" SVC???

RL-i10 S4's should be in sometime in February. If you haven't already, and would like me to notify you of availability on any product, just fire over a PM/email telling me to (don't forget to include your email addy for the reply).

> Any idea on the pricing [for the RL-i8]?

Yes, but the final price is going to depend on what I can find the appropriate gaskets for. I can tell you it will be less than $160 per single unit for sure, and there will be of course be a "two or more" discount as is our standard.

> If you had a sky scraper full of them we could have a group buy

If and when I do, I will :bigok:

(might even put a few on sale even sooner shiftyeyes.gif )

I got dibs on the 1st one that goes up for sale !

Sadly, i only need one so the buy 2+ and get a deal doesnt apply to myself...boo

Edited by Eldorado

I better get one of these bad boys!!! the 1st batch i was on a deplyment.

how does it compare to a DD8?

I was going to buy a DD8 but it went for more than i wanted to pay.

To me, the DD8 seems more of a SPL driver since thats what DD is more focused on.

Sound splinter is more SQ.

Mike, not shure if you knew but the eD e8a has only 6 holes in the gasket and basket.

They probably couldnt find any 8 hole ones either.

Mike, not shure if you knew but the eD e8a has only 6 holes in the gasket and basket.

They probably couldnt find any 8 hole ones either.

for a fee mike, ill come down with my drill and drill you some holes

:coffee:

Bump?

(and before you jump my case about the bump, I want to know if these are EVER going to hit again. Hang ups are hang ups, but I'm just looking for info, and maybe a time frame here)

As I said somewhere up there, the drivers are built and ready, but we don't have a proper gasket. None of our US based suppliers have the appropriate gasket tooled, so we are waiting to hear back from our Chinese suppliers as to immediate availability, however they are on holiday for their New Year through February 7th. Therefore, you can expect more information to come to light by the end of this week - and I do understand that this wait has been ludacris but what can ya do? I'll tell ya what! If I can't source a proper gasket by the middle of February, I will start shipping these without 'em plain and simple.

Honestly, some silly gasket wouldnt turn me away from buying one.

And you could always send them ouy when you get them.

Its not like the woofer needs it, its cosmetic

Sometimes you just have to let go mike...

P.S

You could just make holes in the bottom portion of the gasket, not the top.

So it looks like 6 holes but when you pull it back there are 8

Edited by Eldorado