Buckonine

Official "I'm excited for the RLi-8's" Thread

Hehe, like this? :bigok:

inventory.jpg

As for the re-release of the RL-i8's, I will have some pic's and the param's for those posted later this week. :runlaugh:

.. and will begin shippin' by the end of the week :slayer:

oh wow!!,

I see a Extreme 9+ vehicle in there ;)

> How long for the 10" SVC???

RL-i10 S4's should be in sometime in February.  If you haven't already, and would like me to notify you of availability on any product, just fire over a PM/email telling me to (don't forget to include your email addy for the reply).

It's February 28th. :D

Though if you'd like to sell me an RLP-12 for the price of an RLI-10, that'd be fine too. :bigok:

Sniping! 10's are late due to slow arrival of steel t-yolks :(

Can't do the RL-p deal, but I can offer you an RL-i12 D4 for the price of the RL-i10 yingyang.gif

(that goes for anyone reading this, unless I'm out of 'em!)

Sniping!  10's are late due to slow arrival of steel t-yolks :(

Can't do the RL-p deal, but I can offer you an RL-i12 D4 for the price of the RL-i10 yingyang.gif

(that goes for anyone reading this, unless I'm out of 'em!)

how many RL-i 12D4s are left? (just for reference)

You really gonna make me rummage through ye ol' storage closet? :lol2:

My best estimate would be that there are maybe three or four. Everytime I mention 'em I get a little flurry of interest, but no one seems to follow through. They are surely great sounding drivers though, for the 200-500 watt use range.

.. and so, I've been slowly building boxes for family and giving them away as gifts instead :runlaugh:

You really gonna make me rummage through ye ol' storage closet?  :lol2:

My best estimate would be that there are maybe three or four.  Everytime I mention 'em I get a little flurry of interest, but no one seems to follow through.  They are surely great sounding drivers though, for the 200-500 watt use range.

.. and so, I've been slowly building boxes for family and giving them away as gifts instead :runlaugh:

I ask because when someone needs a SQ 12 with moderate power handeling, I would like to steer them towards the RL-i

I almost want one just to have a limited run sub :Doh:

Is the rl-i12 gonna be better than the rl-p12 for SQ then?

Also, could you offer another estimate for rl-i10 availability time?

Thanks!

why cant my relatives be like you?? lol :runlaugh: My family gives me socks and undies :Doh:

Your last name isn't mullins or fuller by any chance is it? :lol2:

:lol2:

> Is the rl-i12 gonna be better than the rl-p12 for SQ then?

Tough call. In a sealed application, the RL-i12 should extend a little lower, however the RL-i12's I have on hand do not feature a copper sleeve in the motor whereas the RL-p's do.. and that lends a bit of distortion protection in the RL-p's favor. Shieet man, it's really too close to call. If you want to go sealed and have very solid clean bass off of relatively little power, the RL-i12 is your ticket. If you want maximum output or desire a vented enclosure, I would lean towards the RL-p.

> Also, could you offer another estimate for rl-i10 availability time?

I've been told that production should take place during the later half of this month. Of course, as the t-yolks are in transit and not even at the assembly plant yet, these estimates are always subject to wide variation. It won't be until the yolks are at the plant that I'll have a reliable leadtime estimate.

Ok... well, since I may not want to wait much longer, just a few more questions.

I may go with one of the 12's - I'm really going for SQ though, so how does the SQ of the 12s compare with the SQ of the 10? Also, how does the low frequency extension compare? I really want to make the bass sound like part of the song, rather than have it sound like someone added a bass track to the CD I'm listening to.

Please let me know your recommendation.

fyi I have 2 6.5s up front powered by a separate amp, just to give you an idea of what sort of sound the rest of my system will be putting out.

Thanks

Edited by sweetride01

the SQ difference between adjcent sizes of the same model is not going to be noticeable to the ear,

But the output surely will! I say run with the 12" - it will extend deeper and offer greater overall output. In a sealed enclosure 1.25 cu ft in size, it shouldn't be overbearing at all and will make for some very clean bass. I mean hey, my mother of some 65 years has been using [this RL-i12] for the last year or so.. and she's certainly not someone who would put up with bass that floods out the rest of the sound.

That's pretty funny that your mum has one.

So the 12 will have no problem either playing short quick (and even continuous) bass beats often found in Trance music, and sounding good in the process? I would think that would be hard for many subs to do well.

I'll think I'll go with an rl-p12 for the lower distorsion. I'll shoot you a PM or email later.

Thanks! :D

So the 12 will have no problem either playing short quick (and even continuous) bass beats often found in Trance music, and sounding good in the process? I would think that would be hard for many subs to do well.

If you have 'er in the right box with the right power, no problem :fing34:

My mom has a sub in her car, she is 9 years younger than mikes mom though.

P.S

10" is the dumb size, not big enough to get low and to big to be punchy like an 8

10" is the dumb size, not big enough to get low and to big to be punchy like an 8

:fryingpan:

:fryingpan:

x2...with the right enclosure, a 10 is an awesome sub. well, it's gotta be a good sub as well, legacy isn't going to cut...

funkypup>j0o!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

my solox 10" does 145.2 new TL @ 37hz... that is in my musical box and powered with what I run it daily...

I'd like to see you come up with better numbers with a single 15" on bass that low in a hatchback focus... obviously you have no idea what you're talking about! 10"s don't go low and can't be punchy. maybe you need to figure out how to utilize various alignments to achieve a given sound!

simpsons_doh_door.jpg

the local shop here has an MTX jackhammer 22" installed in a huge ported box MTX made for a yukon XL for my buddy. You are the type of person that would have something bad to say about it. The box and sub are $12,000. Just threw it out there to see what type of response you'd have to it.

My box the 10" is in is 3.5ft^3 with three 4" aeroports and dual 3/4" MDF all sides triple where the sub is. I actually made the box for a 15" storm X2 neo and used it for the 10" after I cracked all the cones on my storm x2 15"s. 2+ 8"s actually drop pretty nice lows also.

2103960_2.jpg I actually pulled the 18" saturday night to go out with the 10", then put the 18" back in sunday morning because I like the way the MTs sound and can't usually go without it for too long. The 10" tuned to 37hz has alot of lows in the facing I had it had deeper lows than the 18" tuned to 30hz the way it was facing. It's all about wave alignment, this was in my grand cherokee. In the focus the 18" dropped alot lower both same boxes. just so you know...