Sign in to follow this  
SteveCasbeer

04 Sentra Spec-V Build Log

I would not call this a true build log as most of the work is already completed, but of course I am proud of the work I have done to the vehicle. I invite you all to take a look at my gallery in the Sentra Stereo album. Any and all feedback is welcome. This is my first build of an entire car on my own. Of course we are never truely finished with stereos now are we? haha.

Things I do plan on adding down the road is a new XS power battery and an H.O. alt for the system and I will be done as far as the electrical goes. I hope you all enjoy the pictures and if there are any comments, suggestions, or any tips/tricks feel free to enlighten me of course.

:thanx:

2004 Nissan Sentra Build

Edited by casbeer87

looks great man... :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: are you worried about flat tires? I'm always getting them so I don't feel great about spare tire well builds....

looks great man... :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: are you worried about flat tires? I'm always getting them so I don't feel great about spare tire well builds....

Haha no I am not overly worried about flat tires. Im sure it will bite me in the ass some day, but I have never had one since I have had the car. Saves me some weight and a nice place to put my amps :morepower1:

I really didnt have any place to mount the amps as that box really leaves no room to mount to. It really is a small trunk to begin with. I am not a big fan of mounting amps to a box anyway. I still have room on the sides of the trunk I suppose I could look into building amp racks for each amp on each side of the trunk. I dont know if I am that crafty though haha.

you did it all by yourself??? looks even better then!!! :drink40:

you did it all by yourself??? looks even better then!!! :drink40:

Thanks man. Not to many of my friends are audio tech. savy, but it sure is nice for the fellow audio enthusiast to appreciate the hard work it takes to make a great stereo. And of course there was plenty of :drink40: along with the build ha. I wish I had more pictures for you guys. It was somewhat an afterthought because I just dive in and get to work.

I think the next step for me after I finish the electrical is to enter into some comps with it. I would be totally new to that aspect but I would be really excited to do something like that with this system. Sounds amazing with the alpine sound processor and auto calibration. I couldnt be happier with the results. :woot:

you should def get some videos of the setup on here... Would love to see it in action....

you should def get some videos of the setup on here... Would love to see it in action....

Not a bad idea. Ill get my buddy to record it in action on his canon rebel that takes 1080p video. Oh noo the woofas in HD. lol

lol..

nice build dude, im getting close to finishing a build in the same car for my brother. i managed to retain the spare with a false floor. ill post a pic later.

edit: false floor pics, major pain in the ass. if it was my car i would have done what you did lol. his car is the base model 1.8l so maybe the spare is smaller?

ignore the changing shade of the carpet, camera on my phone must be fucked or something. i put the factory floor carpet on top of the false floor to hide any trace of whats underneath.

0825011411.jpg

this is the false floor

0801011410a.jpg

the tray the holds the amps, this whole piece lifts up to give you access to the spare.

0801011410.jpg

after mounting the amps

0804012054.jpg

the section covering the amps is a 2 part piece, so you can still access the sub amp with the subwoofer enclosure still in.

0804012122.jpg

0820011649b.jpg

sorry for all the pics, cant really see whats going on without them.

Great job on that false floor. Looks great. I might even do that now. It bugs the hell out of me how toward the front of the car the trunk starts to slope up making the sub box not completely level. The spare tire well looks to be the same size also. Great job on keeping the spare. I hope you dont run into heat issues with the the part that folds up to access the amps. Great idea though I like it a lot.

Great job on that false floor. Looks great. I might even do that now. It bugs the hell out of me how toward the front of the car the trunk starts to slope up making the sub box not completely level. The spare tire well looks to be the same size also. Great job on keeping the spare. I hope you dont run into heat issues with the the part that folds up to access the amps. Great idea though I like it a lot.

thanks. i know what you mean about sloped trunk floor. the false floor fixes that but you run into height issues with the shit hanging from the rear deck (the white box covering the center seat belt thing). also, i have some fans to add yet, but im not sure how ill aim them and where to vent them. im sure you could improve on my idea if you find it necessary to put the spare back in. could do something crazy like suspend the amps from rear deck lol

i didnt see any picks of deadening the rear deck? any plans to? i used sound deadener showdown for the deadening in my bro's sentra, only took afew tiles to hit the flat portions of the deck, top and bottem. i think i also used about 8 tiles on the roof which really stiffened it up.

i didnt see any picks of deadening the rear deck? any plans to? i used sound deadener showdown for the deadening in my bro's sentra, only took afew tiles to hit the flat portions of the deck, top and bottem. i think i also used about 8 tiles on the roof which really stiffened it up.

Yea I actually did the rear deck also. I had it all back together before I realized I did not take any pics of it lol. Im sure I will tear it apart sometime here soon for some reason. I will have to snap pics of it when I can. I even did the rear doors for no reason at all. I guess I just felt like working that day lol.

Edited by casbeer87