Sign in to follow this  
colben22

FI Q Cooling

The q is re0rated at 1500watt rms, with the cooling option it says it can add an additional "200-500" depending on install and scenario. I had orginally planned using a saz1500 to power it at 1 ohm. Will I still be able to do this if the sub is running 1500watt, plus the additional wattage from the cooling option?

The q is re0rated at 1500watt rms, with the cooling option it says it can add an additional "200-500" depending on install and scenario. I had orginally planned using a saz1500 to power it at 1 ohm. Will I still be able to do this if the sub is running 1500watt, plus the additional wattage from the cooling option?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with running less than rated power to any driver. Hell, there's nothing wrong with running more than rated power either. A person could destroy a 100watt speaker with 10 watts in the right scenario as well as put 5,000 watts to a speaker rated for 1,000. It's all in the design and responsibility of the person in control of the volume and gain knobs.

You'll be fine running the sub with the SAZ-1500, with or without the cooling it's not going to bother a thing. As long as you're responsible with the volume and gain knob both will last you a very long time.

Sign in to follow this