RXdriver11

So who can update me on my order?

Fucking DC Power failing again!

Jesus Christ you guys suck.

So was this a alternator that they dont build that often?Reason I asked is because I recently placed a order for a alternator from them and its the 270xp and I'm definately not waiting 2 months for it when I was told 2 to 3 weeks.

I got a -2 on that post. lol Oh no. What now? :suicide-santa:

It's the truth. 2-3 WEEKS, in no way means 2-3 MONTHS. I mean shit.

Since I started using the products prefered on these car audio forums, I realized that the majority of them are small companies that take in way more orders than they can handle.I waited 2 months just to get subs from FI and then a month to get amps.So if they do go past 3 weeks I know why.All I ask for is an update saying why they wont be able to make the deadline and when they will the item done.I think this is one of the reasons alot of people just stick to the mainstream stuff.

Since I started using the products prefered on these car audio forums, I realized that the majority of them are small companies that take in way more orders than they can handle.I waited 2 months just to get subs from FI and then a month to get amps.So if they do go past 3 weeks I know why.All I ask for is an update saying why they wont be able to make the deadline and when they will the item done.I think this is one of the reasons alot of people just stick to the mainstream stuff.

This:

IMG_1369.jpg

Took about 8 weeks, and is working awesomely well (I can pound 10k watts at idle on a V8 - 600-700 RPMs - without dropping to battery power). There's a REASON people wait for the products from the smaller companies. In fact, when it comes to alts, you have absolutely no choice. I can give you the name of a company that will build and Fedex you a high-output alt in less than a week, advertised as 300 amps, that will not do even 50 amps at idle.

Nobody's stopping you from walking into the nearest car audio shop and buying a 1500 watt JL Audio system for 5 grand.

Edited by Merzbow

This:

IMG_1369.jpg

Took about 8 weeks, and is working awesomely well (I can pound 10k watts at idle on a V8 - 600-700 RPMs - without dropping to battery power). There's a REASON people wait for the products from the smaller companies. In fact, when it comes to alts, you have absolutely no choice. I can give you the name of a company that will built and fedex you a high-output alt in less than a week, advertised as 300 amps, that will not do even 50 amps at idle.

Nobody's stopping you from walking into the nearest car audio shop and buying a 1500 watt JL Audio system for 5 grand.

Well I'm glad yours worked out.

But ok, Mechman, no 2 month wait on a single alt. Mike Singer, no two month wait either. My local Alt guy, 1-2 weeks for full custom brackets and alts.

But ok, Mechman, no 2 month wait on a single alt. Mike Singer, no two month wait either. My local Alt guy, 1-2 weeks for full custom brackets and alts.

Iraggi and tejcurrent were also "one-man" alt companies like Mechman and Signer, and they were "the shit" for about two years, until they started putting out shit product and then disappeared from the scene leaving hundreds of angry customers. Not saying this will be the case with Mechman and Singer, but anyone paying big bucks to a one-man company is taking a huge risk. DC Power isn't going anywhere, from what I hear they have big contracts from military customers and the like.

So you have a local alt guy who makes brackets? Good for you! Want a cookie? :)

Iraggi and tejcurrent were also "one-man" alt companies like Mechman and Signer, and they were "the shit" for about two years, until they started putting out shit product and then disappeared from the scene leaving hundreds of angry customers. Not saying this will be the case with Mechman and Singer, but anyone paying big bucks to a one-man company is taking a huge risk. DC Power isn't going anywhere, from what I hear they have big contracts from military customers and the like.

So you have a local alt guy who makes brackets? Good for you! Want a cookie? :)

Your cute. Think your cool defending DC and talking shit to me.

From the threads I've seen on the forums, and from a friend of mine, paying DC power big money is a HUGE risk. There are so many threads, all the same story. They wait a month, start being ignored, then many months pass and NOTHING.

My friend ordered 2 alts for his car. Three months later, nothing. We call from his phone, they don't answer. We call form another friends out of state number, they answers ring 1. We try again with the local number. No answer.

He had to threaten to drive there to get an answer. And had to threaten a law suit to get his money.

You want to defend that kind of business? Have at it. :suicide-santa:

Mechman is the only other company I'd dream of considering, because of the number of satisfied customers on his forum. But I actually emailed him while researching alts, and asked about a triple or quad-alt bracket, and the response was a flat-out "no", he didn't even bother referring me to anyone who could build a bracket. But even if you just want one alt, he's still a one-man company. Who knows why Iraggi and Tejcurrent decided to disappear?

Maybe Mechman is immune to the same temptation but the track record of one-man companies in the high-output alt world is absolutely terrible long-term. If Mechman is smart he will lay out some expansion plans and become a real company, and give DC Power some competition. Choices are always good. But as it is now, DC Power's products are flawless... nobody has complaints about their performance. They are the platinum standard by every measure. Just goddamn wait. Is it really that hard?

Edited by Merzbow

Last I heard there is more than one person at Mechman. Just my .02!

As far as Iraggi and Tejcurrent I have no idea why they disappeard! But I am so glad I never went with Troy (Tejcurrent) on alts.

DC Power and Mechman for :morepower1: !

Yeah I dont mind waiting for quality but I dont want to be waiting 4 months LoL.As long as I can get an update I'm good.Besides I usually plan ahead.My build hasnt even started yet and I knew that it would take at least 4 months to get everything I needed that i had the money for.Now I'm at month 2 so I have 2 months left on the deadline.It's hard being patient when you have already paid someone for something but hey what can you do.

The wait is entering its 3rd month (since I paid) but there is a back story going on almost a year and a half, since I was first told I could place my order. The only reason I officially paid is because I was told they finally mocked up my alt. I am local so once I get a free day during the week im going to make the drive out there. The only thing I want is :morepower1: ..

I hope Kyle or one of the other DC Reps comes in here and let you guys know whats going on.Sucks that they have been getting all this bad rep for not fulfilling orders on time.All they really need to do is keep all their customers updated on their orders and we wouldn't have threads like this asking for an update.I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and I'm just waiting.Won't even bother them until we hit the 4 week mark which is when they guaranteed me my Alts would be shipped.So we will see.

Ok, just so everyone can hear it from me, and if the shit hits the fan it can be held against me personally... We have been waiting FOREVER on our water/laser cutter to get shit done in any kind of timely manner (let alone correctly) so we have a new company doing our work. They have the drawing for the rear bracket and will cut it in the morning because the first ones we had waterjet cut, were JUNK! If we can schedule it for either Thursday or Friday next week, then I promise you we will be able to have this on your car next week Jared.. I know it's taken WAY longer than expected, but I promise you it will be WELL worth the wait.. As of now, the only thing I'm waiting for is that bracket and the frames from the anodizer and we are good to go... Rob

Thanks Rob. The wait has me bouncing all over the F'n place :rofl2: , but I understand how custom work goes sometimes. The updates just keep me aware of progress. I dont even want to start adding any new equipment until I get my electrical up to par, and everyone around me keeps asking when Im going to rebuild. Like I said Im not one to bash the companies, I just like to know whats going on. I know the wait is worth it for the product as ive seen a few of the XP's in cars already. I know the quicker I get my alt in the car, the quicker I can bring my new build out to Riverside and show you guys the product in action. And even with my current setup I know Im just beating the crap out of my stock alt so its gonna be going out soon anyway..

Thanks Rob. The wait has me bouncing all over the F'n place :rofl2: , but I understand how custom work goes sometimes. The updates just keep me aware of progress. I dont even want to start adding any new equipment until I get my electrical up to par, and everyone around me keeps asking when Im going to rebuild. Like I said Im not one to bash the companies, I just like to know whats going on. I know the wait is worth it for the product as ive seen a few of the XP's in cars already. I know the quicker I get my alt in the car, the quicker I can bring my new build out to Riverside and show you guys the product in action. And even with my current setup I know Im just beating the crap out of my stock alt so its gonna be going out soon anyway..

Just to clarify and update.. I was at the laser cutter yesterday afternoon going over drawings etc and the brackets will get cut first thing Monday morning... They are going to be cutting ALL of our brackets etc, and their quality for not only this bracket, but EVERY bracket we have made is infinitely better than what we did have.. Now that we have a reliable source for this type of thing, we will have much, much faster delivery times for this type of work.. Like I said though, this well be finished in the coming week without fail... Thanks again for waiting, you will NOT be disappointed!!! Rob

yay!!! fun times ...

awesome... RX is probably really excited !!!