Sign in to follow this  
Dangrebel

Xcon or zcon

Wassup guyz, I am planning on getting rid of my aq hdc3 18 by Christmas and switch to either an xcon or a zcon. I will have 1500 rms on tap a saz 1500 to be exact, but may strap another if I go with the zcon, what I would lime to know is: is the zcon safe on 3000rms daily, will I lose a bunch of sound quality from xcon to zcon, and what would you guyz do?

It may handle 3kw fine. Enclosure volume, material being played, and impedance curve will come into play.

Going from one saz1500d to two would likely be a noticeable improvement in output, but remember you don't more then rms, or even rms for it to get loud.

I've heard several setups with xcons, including my own lol, and a few zcon setups.

Most of the demos from the zcons were at full output, but I did get a chance to do some lower output blending with front stage listening in Marks ride for a good bit of time, they sounded great.

Thanks for the quick replys I am thinking 7ft3 at 35hz and im pretty sure I would strap another 1500 so that's why I considered the zcon. But for 70 more dollars I think it's a steal!!!!!!

Don't feel like you need 3k for the Zcon, it will still be quite nuts with 1500 watts.

Yea I'll decide that after I get it, hopefully I won't need 3000 watts to make me happy! ;P

absolutely love my xcon, considered swapping to a zcon, but since im keeping my other ride and doing something stupid with it, selling the xcon for fundage....but for the time i've had it, it gets low, sounds amazing on any music i've played it on it....definitely an amazing sub, from what i was told, the zcon is a bit peakier, not much but a little bit, but still sounds amazing....but thats what i was told, havent heard one in person yet....i wouldnt hesitate to buy another ssa product tho.

After listening to Ramrods 2 18 zcon setup for many hours at all different volumes and songs, i love the way they sound. They blend very well even though he is built for crazy loud. If i had the space, i would run a 15 or 18 myself. my little 2 door suv doesn't have enough space for a proper box while keeping the rear seats. If it were me in your situation, i would go and get the Zcon. The sub is sexy looking, hits the lows with authority and is still musical which is something a lot of companies can't do all at once. Love SSA

Welp I have irrevesibly fallen in love with the zcon, my girl just said she's getting it for me for Christmas, damn I think I might need to buy her somethin haha

You've got yourself a keeper.

Welp I have irrevesibly fallen in love with the zcon, my girl just said she's getting it for me for Christmas, damn I think I might need to buy her somethin haha

Better buy her something nice.

Yea she's really wanting a 300 dollar hair straightner and I'm thinking a bad ass pair of running shoes (she is getting in to running) what do y'all think?

Chicks dig flat irons. I bought the old lady a bunch of Chi products, flat iron, blow dryer, etc.

Yea she's really wanting a 300 dollar hair straightner and I'm thinking a bad ass pair of running shoes (she is getting in to running) what do y'all think?

Always hard to buy shit for women, but if shes getting into running (which is awesome), then I'd definitely get her some shoes, and lingerie.