Sign in to follow this  
swift

Going from a 15 to 18 help?

I currently have a 15in Q (newer style) in my crew cab F250 as a rear console box in 3.65cu tuned at 29hz running on a SAZ-1500v.2. It slams and sounds amazing honestly but I am itching for alittle more as everyone does.

I was thinking of maybe removing the rear seats and doing a below window line box for a single 18. Maybe in 8cu or so tuned low again at 29hz or so. I would like to keep my current amp and only switch out the seats to the big box from time to time for fun.

How much a difference will this make in output? Would it be worth buying a 18?

18in Q or a 18in BTL N2 either would be ran on my current SAZ 1500 at 1 ohm.

Opinions?

Current setup

console.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

Edited by swift

I was running the same sub just a month ago on 3400rms for burps and quick demos. It was very loud! But then i got an 18" ufo style BTL and ooooweee! The 18" on 2200 rms sounds alot louder. But on the meter it was weaker by 2.2 db's or so. But to the ear it sounds alot louder.

I was running the same sub just a month ago on 3400rms for burps and quick demos. It was very loud! But then i got an 18" ufo style BTL and ooooweee! The 18" on 2200 rms sounds alot louder. But on the meter it was weaker by 2.2 db's or so. But to the ear it sounds alot louder.

You shifted your peak greatly for it to drop that much on a meter, sounds like it peaked lower.

OP- your current box in the truck is nice!

Honestly, have you tried increasing tuning for the box?

I don't think the box is large enough for that low tuning...

IF you are willing to increase box size or are regardless, i would keep the 15 and just go bigger.

You shifted your peak greatly for it to drop that much on a meter, sounds like it peaked lower.

OP- your current box in the truck is nice!

Honestly, have you tried increasing tuning for the box?

I don't think the box is large enough for that low tuning...

IF you are willing to increase box size or are regardless, i would keep the 15 and just go bigger.

Thanks

Oh no the current setup sounds incredible honestly. I would be hard pressed to believe I could gain output from the way it is now and if it did alittle I dont think it would be worth it to lose rear seats. I really wanted to maybe from time to time just remove the seats and this box and buy one 18 or 21 with a very large box with alot of port area just for fun to switch back and forth.

I have alot of hours in this box and alot of thought went into building it but it may be fun to through in more cone area just for fun sometimes.

This was before carpet.

IMG00595-20110203-0859.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

I remember seeing that box last time you posted it, and I'll say it again very nice! :drink40:

Edited by ricksi30

lovin that,, wish i could hear it.. sweet truck BTW

Damn that box is great! Whatever you do, dont get rid of it!

If you want an increase in cone area and are planning to get rid of the back seats to do so, just go with the DP 21 for the extra cone area over an 18.

Sign in to follow this