bugotti420

Problems with the new Fi SSD 15"

Tell you what, email me your phone number. Nick@ficaraudio.com and let me know when you have the sub out and I'll give you a call.

The way you described it, you have it wired wrong :)

That's customer service

Orlando - Franklin, Tx. About 2 hrs away or so lol.

Nick - I will do that kimd sir soon as I get a chance unless we just figured it out, and I think we did lol and I feel like an idiot, it's just how I understood the diagram. Let me simplify it how I've got it real quick once more.

Coil one's positive and negative runs to + & - of the amp. Coil 2 is hooked up to coil 2's + & - right beside each other. And that's incorrect?

+ of coil 1 to negative of coil 2

+ of coil 2 and negative of coil 1 to the amp, this is what you're saying correct?

If so, then it is indeed hooked up wrong and I'm a fumbduck lol

Your jumper wire needs to be about 10" long or so to go from coil 1 to coil 2 (the blue wire in the diagram)

Then your amp hooks up to the + and - respectively that is left open..

321565_817941292243_31207891_39246860_2014199983_n.jpg

Thanks man ... It is wired wrong then lol I'm a n000b ... I'll hook it up right when I get a chance and I'll update ya.

Alright guys, I thank you all for trying to help ... I've got it wired correctly now and it gets warm, more like regular temperature. And it's even louder and actually flexes things in the car. First thing I noticed was my right ear lol started tickling it. This one sub deFinetely blows those 2 Kicker CVR 15"s I had lmfao and it's only half power. I still got the coil rub though the scratchy rub noise at low volumes but I did expect that to stay. So I'm sure I'm going to need to recone it. I'm going to see how long it lasts this way before I can afford a recone.

My question is, and I'm just going to throw it out there so I know before hand, can I recone it to a dual 1 ohm to reach full power?

If it has the universal option... Yes.

If it has the universal option... Yes.

The gap for a d2 is the universal option, so yes he can.

I don't think it gave me that option when I purchased the sub though. So I'm not sure if it is or not

You can change it, the D1 coil is smaller in diameter then the D2..

Regardless you probably swelled the coil a bit by having it wired the wrong way..which is why it is scratching. If that coil is black you definitely hurt it..i'm surprised it still works to be honest with you.

Yeah I'm pretty suprised it's still working myself lol but it is. The coil's not really black yet but you can tell it's a different color than it was brand new.

May I ask you when I get the recone how will I wire it ? lmao how's the wiring going to be for a dual 1 ohm coil? I figure I better ask this time. But I'm sure I got it now I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I did it. Just ooooo SUB lets play it I guess haha

currently you have a dual 2 wired to 4ohms so when you get the dual 1 recone you wire it the same way NDMstang65 showed you to get a final 2ohm load at the amp.

edit:

but you said earlier you wanted to get a 2nd sub? so if you still want a 2nd sub Dont order a dual 1 recone kit!

Will somebody explain to me what went wrong when he wired his sub to 4 ohms? I thought that was okay, it only got more dangerous as you got lower ohm load.. Or so I thought?

Will somebody explain to me what went wrong when he wired his sub to 4 ohms? I thought that was okay, it only got more dangerous as you got lower ohm load.. Or so I thought?

He had it wired incorrectly i think. The lower the resistance the more distortion increases in most cases. But its not bad to wire at 4 ohm or lower, just watch how you wire the sub/s and you'll be fine on the right power for the aplication.

he had one of the coils out of phase. so they were acting against each other.

idk what you mean by dangerous?

He did not have his sub wired at 4 ohms. He shorted one coil and was only using the other coil to power the sub.

So that shorted coil disturbed the magnetic field and limited movement which cooked the sub right? Just curious, I've done a ton of stupid things to old subs in the pursuit of learning but never shorted out a coil the way the OP did.

No..trying to put 1000 watts to the other coil while having the other one 'dead massed' along for the ride is what cooked it.

1000 watts is for both coils wired together...not a single coil.

Yeah I didn't take my time I was just too excited to get some bass in my car and I had been without for months lol. If I paid attention I woulda realized where I went wrong. Almost as if I hooked the sub up blindly, my mistake and all part of learning. Charge it to the game haha

Glad you figured it out!

Bummer it came at the cost of time and money though. :(

EDIT: JUST NOTICED, TODAY IS MY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO THE FORUMS!!!!

Edited by Freshh

Glad you figured it out!

Bummer it came at the cost of time and money though. :(

EDIT: JUST NOTICED, TODAY IS MY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO THE FORUMS!!!!

Yeah man it is unfortunate for my wallet lol. But it is what it is, and I screwed up not the company so I have to pay for my mistakes. lol It hurts tho in my heart I wanna slap myself haha

Grats on 1 year anniversary brotha :P

No..trying to put 1000 watts to the other coil while having the other one 'dead massed' along for the ride is what cooked it.

1000 watts is for both coils wired together...not a single coil.

When one of my coils failed I rocked it for about a week at 1 ohm on my saz-1500, found out the sub was sloppy at high excursions and even lost control I guess you can say, but temp wise on the dust cap was no where near alarming considering it's power handing reduced by half or more. Of course I had adjust the bass knob down a bit. Even so I still abused it some while the part was coming in.

Just trying to think how he could have cooked it though. Yeah, he put possibly 1kw into one coil but even so I'm thinking having that other coil shorted is what really did him in. Not saying your wrong nick, just trying to understand the failure technically :)